The Manchester United Thread

Read this Zz interesting article for anyone that's interested.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-alex-ferguson-greenwo

It's the Mickey mouse handling the contracts and signings that needs addressing more than anything. The youth products and academy generally is still pretty decent.

I still can't get my head around who made the footballing decision to give jones a 5 year contract, he plays about 4 games and hasn't been seen since. Whether that's due to illness/injury or whatever, the point remains he misses as many games as he plays.

The only logic that goes into some of these contracts must be Woodward going "Well we need to keep them to get some money back, sign them to a contract".

Darmian and Rojo two players we that should of been long gone, last summer at least.

Sanchez stupidly high wages and then the long-term contract which now means we will have him for as long as he wants to pick up a pay check. It will also probably prevent us from having a more deserving player on the top of our wage structure like De Gea. I can't think what the reason the contract keeps stalling for, if you believe the rumours it is because we don't want to meet the demands. But we pay that salary to Sanchez.

Jones is going to be 5th choice. Stop obsessing about him

The club have been trying to move on both Darmian and Rojo.

Jones is going to be 5th choice. Stop obsessing about him

The club have been trying to move on both Darmian and Rojo.

So what about players coming through for the next 5 years? Like Tuanzebe who has been decent for Villa when he has played, surely we should keep that spot for people like him. Especially as we already have Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly, (Rojo).

Not mentioning the other CB people mostly want this summer, I don't see places for players like Tuanzebe to make it in the squad if you are going to keep players like Jones as well.

I would loan Tuanzebe out again for one last season. Sell Rojo. New signing and Lindelof starting Bailly, Smalling, Jones as your back up. Sorted:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nghl4PsChX8

-----

Got to say this is a great video about United and how they are still miles behind City behind the scenes in terms of footballing structure. Woodward better get that Director Of Football coming in like we were promised. This Solskjaer smoke screen is all well and good but I hope it's not a reason to keep things as they are.

He's completely right with his statements on players we've kept. Why Phil Jones, Valencia and Darmian are still with the club beggar belief. The sentimentality is mind boggling especially for players (Phil Jones and Darmian) who haven't actually been successful or meaningful in anyway.

He's completely right with his statements on players we've kept. Why Phil Jones, Valencia and Darmian are still with the club beggar belief. The sentimentality is mind boggling especially for players (Phil Jones and Darmian) who haven't actually been successful or meaningful in anyway.
Very harsh on Jones. When he’s been fit he’s been good. That’s the problem though. We’ve been trying to move Darmian for ages but no one wants to stump up even a half decent fee.

I like your suggestions tbh. Not Costa though to late for him and to injury prone. Not sold on Griezmann or Dybala there more suited playing behind a STR. Sancho, Chiesa would be good options plus Lozano. Meunir would be perfect imo to compliment Dalot and getable.

No no way Neves is going anywhere this summer.

In other news Matic has dropped out now and Rashford looks likely not to feature also. Get them players rested :) oh and Ryan Giggs son has joined on trial.

Lozano is a great suggestion. Forgot about him.

The most obvious problem is that you have no right wing. And you don't have it for like half a decade already.

So what about players coming through for the next 5 years? Like Tuanzebe who has been decent for Villa when he has played, surely we should keep that spot for people like him. Especially as we already have Lindelof, Smalling, Bailly, (Rojo).

Not mentioning the other CB people mostly want this summer, I don't see places for players like Tuanzebe to make it in the squad if you are going to keep players like Jones as well.

Tuanzebe still needs developing anyway. And if he gets ahead of Jones or Smalling, sell one of them to a mid table side. It's the stupidest thing to complain about.

Complaining about Rojo? He's getting sold
Complaining about Darmian? He's getting sold
Complaining about Valencia? He's leaving at the end

Anyone complaining that they are still here when they are either leaving or on the way out is being ridiculous

I'd say CB too.

No, not particularly. With CB, there have always been options, from Jones, Smalling and Evans to Lindelof and Bailly now (including the LvG era of Blackett and McNair). With RW, I struggle to remember anyone who was good on that right side (other than Nani, woefully inconsistent, but a joy to watch, mind) in quite a while. I would say RB too, but we had Rafael, and he should never have been allowed to leave (**** you, LvG).

Getting some sort of pace and width on that right side is extremely important. Sancho or Bailey would work, I reckon, and I would rather we gave a concerted push for them now. We can promise First Team status, which is not possible for most of the other top sides who could be interested in them. I reckon Madrid/Bayern would be our potential competition for them, I dunno//

RB/RW and backup LB/CM could be what we target this year (could scrap the backup LB if Young is being rotated with Shaw). And hopefully get rid of Sanchez, if that's at all possible. And extend DDG, FFS.

Sancho would be a my muppets signing of the summer. Lots of papers linking us to him this morning around Europe. Come on Ed :)

Not sold on Bailly he’s definitely dropped off this season a little when I’ve seen him he reminds me of Nani. Moments of magic then all but falling over himself and stuff.

Last edited:
Sancho would be a my muppets signing of the summer. Lots of papers linking us to him this morning around Europe. Come on Ed :)

Not sold on Bailly he’s definitely dropped off this season a little when I’ve seen him he reminds me of Nani. Moments of magic then all but falling over himself and stuff.

Young, so the inconsistency is expected. Nani was wildly inconsistent, even at 28+;; Bailley is young and quick (mind you, haven't seen much more of him to form a more nuanced opinion). But that Leverkusen attack is gold - Volland, Havertz, Brandt and Bailey. Agility and guile.

But that aside, I would love Sancho. A front three of Sancho-Rashford-Martial is enough to give any defence a royal headache - that pace and directness.

Young, so the inconsistency is expected. Nani was wildly inconsistent, even at 28+;; Bailley is young and quick (mind you, haven't seen much more of him to form a more nuanced opinion). But that Leverkusen attack is gold - Volland, Havertz, Brandt and Bailey. Agility and guile.

But that aside, I would love Sancho. A front three of Sancho-Rashford-Martial is enough to give any defence a royal headache - that pace and directness.

Plus that attack could last for years.

The Sancho price is only going to keep rising, and it'll be a very high starting price anyway!

Ole: “Call me naive, call me stupid, call me ambitious, call me whatever you want, but ever since I trained the reserves team the dream was to become the manager of United. I have to be my own man. But it so happens United has a way of playing that suits me well.” #mufc [NRK]

James Garner stared and captained England U18's to a 4-1 win over Japan today. Ethan Laird also stared. Angel Gomes got 2 assists #mulive

What do you guys think is Rashford’s best position?I think he is best in a strike duo in a 442

He shouldn't even be on international duty, should of had 2 weeks rest been playing games since Liverpool with ankle injury, hasn't looked right since.

Just said on SSN that his ankle injury means he won't be playing tomorrow for England most likely, just send him home ffs.

Out of all United players he defo shouldn't be on international duty.

He shouldn't even be on international duty, should of had 2 weeks rest been playing games since Liverpool with ankle injury, hasn't looked right since.

Just said on SSN that his ankle injury means he won't be playing tomorrow for England most likely, just send him home ffs.

Out of all United players he defo shouldn't be on international duty.
He won’t play either game. Don’t worry about it and stop stressing lol. Let him enjoy a 2 week brake with his international buddies.

Plus then him and Lingard can tag team on Sancho ;)

Back