The Manchester United Thread

I hope your right mate, to be honest our midfield has been poor last few games, definitely needs improvement in the summer. Doucoure be a decent signing, he ran that game today.

On to Wolves though and hopefully a bit more of a convincing performance.
Yeah I like Doucoure tbh. Would be a good squad signing. But don’t think we necessarily need him until some leave. Watched Bruno Fernandes for Sporting today. Wow what a baller this lad looks! Grabbing another fantastic goal in the process.

The CM has definitely looked disjointed but I guess that’s to be expected with it changing the last 3/4 weeks regular. Yep onto Wolves who were an absolute shambles today. And the manager had already said they will rest players. Looks like all there focus since knocking us out has gone on the cup. Understandable as they have a real shot.

Zidane openly tapping up a player in a press conference, this is Madrid for you. After Pogba's performance yesterday this will now hype up until he gets back to playing somewhat near his level.

I know on his day he's our best player, but if we're going to have to put up with this from now on then just let him go honestly. He really doesn't help himself in a United shirt sometimes for me.

All our midfield was **** to be fair but Pogba and Herrera haven't played well for last few games. I'd really like to see Fred and Lukaku back for Wolves.

Zidane openly tapping up a player in a press conference, this is Madrid for you. After Pogba's performance yesterday this will now hype up until he gets back to playing somewhat near his level.

I know on his day he's our best player, but if we're going to have to put up with this from now on then just let him go honestly. He really doesn't help himself in a United shirt sometimes for me.

All our midfield was **** to be fair but Pogba and Herrera haven't played well for last few games. I'd really like to see Fred and Lukaku back for Wolves.
Cant Blame Herrera for being sluggish he’s clearly not fit yet after missing 4/5 games. Still worked his socks off yesterday and was gassed badly when subbed.

Pogba wont be going anywhere no need to worry about that. Neither should he be. Madrid won’t pay and I bet my house if he gets offered a bumper deal he will take it in a heartbeat! Really need to start ignoring all this Madrid bolllocks reported by Marca we get it every year regarding one of our players. Trying to play billy big bollocks. No coincidence all this started before Pogba comments even. There having a **** season and got embarrassed by Ajax. Deflection at its best.

It's a big one for #MUWomen on Sunday — we're away to Tottenham in the #FAWC at 14:00 BST!

It's tight at the top of the Championship but a win on Sunday will leave us as strong favourites for the top spot. Top two get promoted.

1 Manchester United Women Played/15 GD/65 Pts/40
2 Tottenham Ladies 16 18 39
3 Durham Women 15 22 32
4 Charlton Athletic Women 16 21 32

#MUWomen team to play Tottenham Hotspur Ladies (kick-off 14:00 BST): Chamberlain; Smith, M. Turner, A. Turner, Greenwood (c); Zelem, Green, Toone; Sigsworth, Devlin, Galton.

Substitutes: Ramsey, Harris, Palmer, James, Arnot, Hanson

Last edited:
Cant Blame Herrera for being sluggish he’s clearly not fit yet after missing 4/5 games. Still worked his socks off yesterday and was gassed badly when subbed.

Pogba wont be going anywhere no need to worry about that. Neither should he be. Madrid won’t pay and I bet my house if he gets offered a bumper deal he will take it in a heartbeat! Really need to start ignoring all this Madrid bolllocks reported by Marca we get it every year regarding one of our players. Trying to play billy big bollocks. No coincidence all this started before Pogba comments even. There having a **** season and got embarrassed by Ajax. Deflection at its best.

Be a very interesting and crucial summer for us!

Utd 0-2 atm after 15 mins what a start :) Zelem with both.

https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/1112344183543615493?s=21

https://twitter.com/48hours8/status/1112344487907479552?s=21

1-2. Spurs pull one back. Just a hopeful freekick pumped in an Chamberlain completely misjudges the ball and fly over her into an open net. Bad few weeks for her with a string of howlers.

1-3 Utd straight from the start of the second half. Galton gets the ball down the left. Dribbles past a couple players puts in a good cross from the bye line and Mollie Green with a good composed side foot finish.

Mollie Green off for Lauren James after 55 mins. Not what Spurs wanted to see :)

63 mins gone Charlie Devlin off Lizzie Arnot on.

Finished 5-1 to Utd. Last 2 gls were headers by Sigsworth and Galton. That’s promotion and the league wrapped up. May as well give them the trophy now. No one is catching them especially with a game in hand. Fantastic achievement by the ladies. Looking forward to seeing them in the Prem next season. Hope they finish strong and with a lot more gls to boot :)

Last edited:
4th on goal difference, this Wolves game is massive for us. Tbf every game like a final now, every point lost could be a valuable one.

Just beat City at Old Trafford lol.
Hope so. I don’t care who wins the league. It won’t be us so meh. Just want us to have CL next season!

Think 3/4 will be Utd and Arsenal not sure which order. Spurs are a shambles of late and squad is far to thin. Tbh there form is manager sacking for 1 point in 15 i think.

Hope so. I don’t care who wins the league. It won’t be us so meh. Just want us to have CL next season!

Think 3/4 will be Utd and Arsenal not sure which order. Spurs are a shambles of late and squad is far to thin. Tbh there form is manager sacking for 1 point in 15 i think.
I'm worried for Spurs got some tough fixtures coming up what with the City league games and two CL legs. I just want yous lot to be not too far comfortable in the CL spots so when you play City you definitely need the points.

I'm worried for Spurs got some tough fixtures coming up what with the City league games and two CL legs. I just want yous lot to be not too far comfortable in the CL spots so when you play City you definitely need the points.
Spurs fans gotta be worried tbh. It’s a reacurring theme every season when the going gets tough. Coupled with the fact how thin there squad is. New stadium and Levy being a penny pincher. Losing Alderweireld this Summer no sign of Eriksen signing a new contract with Madrid sniffing. Then us getting our **** together and will be spending big and coming off a settled pre season and having a really strong finish to this. Spurs could really be in **** next season.

Watching Madrid what a mess of a club!

Watched the City game earlier. Baring one mistake TFM had a good game. Happy he’s getting game time under Parker.

Hasn't he been terrible at both loan clubs or am I getting it wrong?
Not really. Started off well a Palace when he first joined having some really good games against Chelsea and City with Sane saying in an interview later that he was the toughest opponent he’s come up against in the Prem. Got injured then never got back in the team after they changed manager.

Been worse at Fulham but with the odd good performance here and there. Again not helped by various management changes. Not sure what will happen. Will most likely get a season under Ole as he rated him highly when coaching at the academy.

Watching Madrid what a mess of a club!

Watched the City game earlier. Baring one mistake TFM had a good game. Happy he’s getting game time under Parker.

He was ***** all first half. constantly gave the ball away. was fine 2nd half though.

He was ***** all first half. constantly gave the ball away. was fine 2nd half though.
Bit harsh he saved a certain goal early on with his clearence that the keeper wouldn’t of got to. But agree was better in the second half. Though Parker was brave how he wanted them to play. Like he said if he had tried to shut up shop it would of been the same result.

OGS on @paulpogba: "Paul is a very nice + polite man who answered a general q on Zidane. Paul's happy here, he's gonna be a big part for us. We want to build our team around him and that hasn't changed at all. He has not asked to leave, and doesn’t want to leave."

OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).

OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).
Most likely a change of tactics. Get an extra attacking player on. Get Pogba more involved pulling the strings from deep like he does for France a lot. Might be a good tactic tbh. Get him involved more after a couple of quite performances. I like it.

Back