The Manchester United Thread

By deeper he probably means not as a second striker, where he’s basically played since OGS came in. Have no issue with that, we do struggle with ball progression in the second phase at times, and he’s the best we have at that (either via his passing or going on a mazy run). Hence why we need to sign another CM like say Neves or Ndombele who can get on it and help it progress up the pitch. Matic and Herrera, we good as they are, isn’t what they’re about.

OGS says Pogba likely to play in deeper role tomorrow, anyone bit confused by that? We're playing Wolves, the team who parks the bus in their own half after all relying on counter. (No disrespect to them, it works usually).

Not really. It will depend on how he wants to attack. Lots of possession means he wants someone dictating all those passes. Pogba is the best passer, and controller in the side

By deeper he probably means not as a second striker, where he’s basically played since OGS came in. Have no issue with that, we do struggle with ball progression in the second phase at times, and he’s the best we have at that (either via his passing or going on a mazy run). Hence why we need to sign another CM like say Neves or Ndombele who can get on it and help it progress up the pitch. Matic and Herrera, we good as they are, isn’t what they’re about.

This is our real midfield issue. We need another midfield passer to take the pressure off Pogba.

If Carrick’s ticker is alright these days I’m sound with him togging out tbh.

So Herrera agrees to join PSG. Like I said, contract should’ve been tied up ages ago. Need a top quality CM addition now.

So Herrera agrees to join PSG. Like I said, contract should’ve been tied up ages ago. Need a top quality CM addition now.

Never in a million years worth 200k wages a week though, we can't afford to have players like him on that amount as we already have others on higher than they should be.

Nearly 30 now tbh and not that great on the ball, yes I'm clutching here but is it a loss we can't recover? Not really looking at the options on the market likely this summer. Barella might be one to replace him with or in a dream world N'Dembele, but he seems more of an upgrade on Metic.

Surprised he is going to PSG though, that's his career over practically because he'll be forgotten there mostly.

Something tells me he wouldn’t have requested 200k per week if we didn’t leave it this long and allowed PSG to come sniff for leverage.

But I do agree, he can definitely be replaced with an Ndombele or a Neves or whatever.

Something tells me he wouldn’t have requested 200k per week if we didn’t leave it this long and allowed PSG to come sniff for leverage.

But I do agree, he can definitely be replaced with an Ndombele or a Neves or whatever.

Maybe I'm naive in thinking that the club has offered him a contract before now and he has just rejected them for more money.

Good player in his day, but people really need to get behind Fred because last few games he played looked better than Herrera. Not been seen since though, so dunno if it was a flash in the pan or him starting to adapt to football here.

Ole on having four goalscorers in double figures: "It's a good thing to have — to have more sources of goals, because that gives the opposition a different challenge, they know goals could come from different angles." #MUFC

Ole: “Football has changed and the structure at football clubs has changed, me and Ed and Joel for that matter are looking to how can this club be ran as smoothly and as well as possible so we’ll see what the club will end up with.” #mufc [MEN]

OGS also expecting future of @Mike_Phelan_1 to be sorted 'very soon'. I think he will be staying somehow.

Solskjaer confirms Anthony Martial is fit to face Wolves. #mufc

OGS confirms Martial "will be fine" for Tuesdays' trip to Molineux. Lindelof is also ready after rejoining the squad. Darmian, Bailly, Valencia and Sanchez remain out. "But it's a good strong squad." Barring a setback in training on Monday Lukaku will "definitely" be ready. #MUFC

Herrera news aint only bad one. Looks like De Gea is sick and tired of United refusing to pay him 300k per week. In the same time his GF tweeted that she really likes Paris. Welp.

People need to wait for something concrete to come out. Only thing I can find is Egg head Castles. Who Mike has clearly pointed out to me talks out of his **** most of the time. At first I did not agree but after looking back at his articles and listened to his podcasts. Mike is absolutely right.

Despite Ole clearly saying today Pogba is happy and doesn’t want to leave. Castles in his podcast is saying we will sell him this Summer to Madrid. Then says we will let DDG leave on a free.

Herrera might not be worth 200k (Duncan Castle, ugh), but by god, why the ****** **** are we not paying de Gea whatever he asks for? And considering fees, he is not asking for something astronomical, definitely not the for the best goalie in the world right now? What the ****** **** is Woodward playing at? Over compensating his Sanchez mistake elsewhere? Jeez. Sooner we have him away from players, the better it is for everyone in the club.

Bearing in mind its April 1st, has anyone actually seen anything confirmed by either club yet?

Pogba is on 300k, the idea that DDG wouldn't get paid that doesn't stack up

15:31KEY EVENT
Update on Ander Herrera PSG speculation
Regarding the Herrera-to-PSG reports, one of Herrera’s confidants is not convinced, emphatically denied it.

The source said: “We are entering into rumour wind tunnel.”

Herrera has entered the last three months of his United contract.

Bearing in mind its April 1st, has anyone actually seen anything confirmed by either club yet?

Pogba is on 300k, the idea that DDG wouldn't get paid that doesn't stack up

Dont think these are subjects for aprill fool joke, specially sources talking about players personal life. We already see too many harassment and life threats in todays game.

Bouhafsi from France on RMC saying he’s heard nothing about a deal being done for Herrera. Just that there’s interest.

Herrera news aint only bad one. Looks like De Gea is sick and tired of United refusing to pay him 300k per week. In the same time his GF tweeted that she really likes Paris. Welp.

Tbf apparently United have offered world best wages for a GK to De Gea but his agent (who is a class A ******** who does no other business with United for whatever reason), wants salary that Sanchez receives.

Which truth be told may be fine for De Gea, but we can't have players holding us to ransom now demanding wages that Sanchez is on. We royally ****** up with Sanchez, until he is off the books any other player can't realistically break that again. Our wage structure is a mess truth be told but I back the club on this.

Until Sanchez goes we can't just allow our top earners to dictate the same wages now.

Manchester United refusing to bow to Ander Herrera wage demands despite PSG interest | @TelegraphDucker

"Herrera, 29, is understood to be demanding in excess of £200,000 a week, amid interest from PSG, and United are unwilling to be held to ransom. Talks ongoing with the club."

Tbf apparently United have offered world best wages for a GK to De Gea but his agent (who is a class A ******** who does no other business with United for whatever reason), wants salary that Sanchez receives.

Which truth be told may be fine for De Gea, but we can't have players holding us to ransom now demanding wages that Sanchez is on. We royally ****** up with Sanchez, until he is off the books any other player can't realistically break that again. Our wage structure is a mess truth be told but I back the club on this.

Until Sanchez goes we can't just allow our top earners to dictate the same wages now.

Dunno, that was Aprils fool joke.

Back