The Manchester United Thread

Ole confirmed that Carrick, McKenna and Phelan are all about to sign new deals. Pogba is happy and not leaving. And the club are close on a DOf/DOR and he been given a huge say on all decisions.

Also said they are looking to strengthen all areas of the squad.

Last edited:
Club officials will expect the technical director to focus on strengthening options for the first team squad and providing support for the management team.

In addition to this, the successful candidate will also be tasked with shaping a long-term recruitment strategy of integrating the club's academy.

Article from James Cooper Sky sports

Leading candidates are Murtaugh, Phelan, ****, Bout.

Positive but still would prefer someone like Paul Mitchell, think his record mostly speaks for itself and has a good knowledge of the role. No way Phelan should be doing it if he's part of the coaching setup, or else the role is fundamentally flawed.

Positive but still would prefer someone like Paul Mitchell, think his record mostly speaks for itself and has a good knowledge of the role. No way Phelan should be doing it if he's part of the coaching setup, or else the role is fundamentally flawed.
Paul Mitchell doesn’t want the job apparently. Murtaugh and Bout would be very good candidates and have huge experience. Even more than Mitchell when he started.

Tbh this summer could be absolutely massive rebuild for us, if we lose some players like Herrera and De Gea especially. Apparently the latter wants £480k per week wages which is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't be doing that even for him. I believe De Gea only has 1 year left on contract this summer (no option of year extension?).... so we could be forced to sell him.

Next month basically decides whether we're rebuilding in CL next season or Emmerdale Cup. Starting tonight with a must win really against Wolves given we will probably drop points down the line against City/Chelsea etc.

Tbh this summer could be absolutely massive rebuild for us, if we lose some players like Herrera and De Gea especially. Apparently the latter wants £480k per week wages which is absolutely ridiculous and we shouldn't be doing that even for him. I believe De Gea only has 1 year left on contract this summer (no option of year extension?).... so we could be forced to sell him.

Next month basically decides whether we're rebuilding in CL next season or Emmerdale Cup. Starting tonight with a must win really against Wolves given we will probably drop points down the line against City/Chelsea etc.
Do you know what. For once in a long time I actually have confidence that the club is getting its **** together. Can see some announcements very soon between Wolves and Barca match.

Do you know what. For once in a long time I actually have confidence that the club is getting its **** together. Can see some announcements very soon between Wolves and Barca match.

Here's hoping mate, enough works to do in terms of transfers without losing some key players. Herrera wouldn't be end of the world but De Gea would be nigh impossible to get someone of equal quality.

Linked with Partey of Atletico, which could well be more ***** as we enter rumour season, but that’s someone I’d love. Very good defensively and better in possession than Herrera. Would definitely take some build up burden off Pogba too.

Was a big miss for the 2nd leg in Turin.

DDG will stay. Bear in mind he's been asking for a lot (by he I mean agent) from before Sanchez. And 200k doesn't break our wage structure for herrera. So we can't actually blame it all on Sanchez. Who looks like he's going get moved on, one way or another. How is another question

DDG will stay. Bear in mind he's been asking for a lot (by he I mean agent) from before Sanchez. And 200k doesn't break our wage structure for herrera. So we can't actually blame it all on Sanchez. Who looks like he's going get moved on, one way or another. How is another question

Hope he does stay but Ducker is saying the club is stalling due to wage demands of £480k per week wages, can't really blame them if that's close to being true. Like I say, DDG's agent never does business with us so is making this as hard as possible.

Here's hoping mate, enough works to do in terms of transfers without losing some key players. Herrera wouldn't be end of the world but De Gea would be nigh impossible to get someone of equal quality.
Just pay Oblaks release clause. And double his wages. Partey would be a great deal!

In this market not bad, I'm more worried we'll get Courtois in return from Madrid if they get him this summer. I can't stand that guy on a personal level. Just something really irks me about him and he has been ***** this season as well!

In this market not bad, I'm more worried we'll get Courtois in return from Madrid if they get him this summer. I can't stand that guy on a personal level. Just something really irks me about him and he has been ***** this season as well!
They won't. Courtois has his family in Spain, he won't leave them. Plus, think Madrid will give him atleast one more season before flogging him. Plus, if we actually do need to spend on a new GK, I would rather Oblak or Donnarruma (if they are attainable). I pray, that we retain DDG though.

Starting 11 DDG, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Mctominey, Fred, Pogba, Dalot, Lingard, Lukaku

Subs Romero, Jones, Mata, Periera, Martial, Rojo, Matic

Back