The Manchester United Thread

no 1 had **** to say when we were winning well maybe zz but thats his way no we have a bad run and you all come out

I just don't get why we appoint a manager before we know how they do after a bad spell, it will happen eventually and now when it does we see that it can be very hard to get back to winning ways.

I just don't get why we appoint a manager before we know how they do after a bad spell, it will happen eventually and now when it does we see that it can be very hard to get back to winning ways.
Tbh mate we got back to winning ways. And was playing better till the sending off. Ole has done great since being here tbh. Obviously we are going through a bit of a bump. Any manager would tbh in these conditions. There is absolutely no difference now giving him the job or at the end of the season. The club clearly have a plan and can see this manager and staff can take us forward.

Tbh mate we got back to winning ways. And was playing better till the sending off. Ole has done great since being here tbh. Obviously we are going through a bit of a bump. Any manager would tbh in these conditions. There is absolutely no difference now giving him the job or at the end of the season. The club clearly have a plan and can see this manager and staff can take us forward.

Well I wish I had your faith in the direction of this club but right now I don't sadly. Truth be told I think we're absolutely miles away from being back to any major silverware and that's the most depressing thing. This appointment and with Mike Phelan doesn't seem like a club looking to build but rather rely on the old. We all know that Solskjaer and Phelan are Fergie disciples, yes I suppose it's the united way but dated now like LVG/Mourinho philosophies.

Well I wish I had your faith in the direction of this club but right now I don't sadly. Truth be told I think we're absolutely miles away from being back to any major silverware and that's the most depressing thing. This appointment and with Mike Phelan doesn't seem like a club looking to build but rather rely on the old. We all know that Solskjaer and Phelan are Fergie disciples, yes I suppose it's the united way but dated now like LVG/Mourinho philosophies.
Im pretty sure he’s got the job forcwhat he’s done so far the place he’s gotten us and his ideas for the club. Not because he played under Fergie or Phelan worked for Fergie. That’s just tosh if you ask me! I like to know who you think would be the so called WC manager to take us forward.

Im pretty sure he’s got the job forcwhat he’s done so far the place he’s gotten us and his ideas for the club. Not because he played under Fergie or Phelan worked for Fergie. That’s just tosh if you ask me! I like to know who you think would be the so called WC manager to take us forward.

Didn't say world-class mate but think we needed a happy medium between experienced in top level management (I'm not counting Molde and Cardiff as that) and a head coach that is not dated like LVG with his principles.

I'm not saying that I have the obvious answer but I just din't think the board have done a good enough recruitment process, it seems to me like they wanted Pochettino or Solskjaer without any other real consideration/ I'm not here to know but there is managers out there that have a more credible CV than Solskjaer, we'd be naive to think otherwise. I don't want to go in on Solskjaer at all, but I just feel that this appointment is destined to fail at this time because the size of the job is bigger than ever here.

The recurring them under Solskjaer football even when winning is that we are very clinical usually with our limited chances. We just don't create enough in games usually and apart from the opening 15 minutes tonight when we had Lingard/Lukaku glaring chance, what else did we really have chance wise? I can just think of one McTominay header and a few pot shots in second half.

------------

There are a lot of problems that need fixing over the summer, Solskjaer is the man who has to steer all this and I hope he can ride the storm but it's hard to believe when others before have failed with a lot more experience. Just my opinion, Like I say I wanted happy medium between experience in top-flight and a modern philosophy not dated like Mourinho/LVG.

------

This just comes across as a rant I'm sure, but I did say I had worries right from the off because the timing should have been end of season after a more calculated look where we have finished and how we have reacted to a longer bad spell.

--------

In a dream world Solskjaer would work, but this job isn't a fairytale anymore.

Last edited:
I think the answer almost always lies between Zz’s negativity & TOD’s positivity

I think the answer almost always lies between Zz’s negativity & TOD’s positivity

I think we just have to accept we're seasons off any kind of major success and a lot of these players are not as good as we think they are. Even Pogba, for as many good games he has invisible games. De Gea our best player but can't command a box despite his great shot-stopping. Martial, doesn't play enough good games in a season to justify his new wage. Not that they aren't all great players, but Pogba and martial have as many bad games as good ones. No consistency, no success.

If we don't make top 4 which is likely, I definitely think this summer is the time to let the big players move on if they want and reinvest - build from the ground up. Next season is going to be transition at best sadly so not got a lot to lose.

It's a coaching issue with De Gea I think. LVG's coach had DDG playing best football of his career but he's been regressing visible since the coaching change. Still great player but I don't know if you can call him best in the world with a straight face anymore.

I've been defending a rebuild in the squad for at least a couple of seasons now. It's just not enough. We have two truly world class players (DDG and Pogba), some promising players ( Rashford, Lindelof, Martial and Dalot) and nothing else. One can say that the rest are good servants, there are some really nice blokes in the team, but that's it. Not top 4 material.

I think we just have to accept we're seasons off any kind of major success and a lot of these players are not as good as we think they are. Even Pogba, for as many good games he has invisible games. De Gea our best player but can't command a box despite his great shot-stopping. Martial, doesn't play enough good games in a season to justify his new wage. Not that they aren't all great players, but Pogba and martial have as many bad games as good ones. No consistency, no success.

If we don't make top 4 which is likely, I definitely think this summer is the time to let the big players move on if they want and reinvest - build from the ground up. Next season is going to be transition at best sadly so not got a lot to lose.
I don’t see how you can say we are miles away despite beating Arsenal, PSG, Spurs, Chelsea. Yes I’m a positive person. But we’ve shown more than enough to show we can compete at the top end next season. Yes there’s issues but most of these are left over from the old regime. Ole got his tactics spot on last night and we played more than well enough to win that game. After investment a full pre season and the players fully adapted. I’m sure we won’t be far off.

I don’t see how you can say we are miles away despite beating Arsenal, PSG, Spurs, Chelsea. Yes I’m a positive person. But we’ve shown more than enough to show we can compete at the top end next season. Yes there’s issues but most of these are left over from the old regime. Ole got his tactics spot on last night and we played more than well enough to win that game. After investment a full pre season and the players fully adapted. I’m sure we won’t be far off.

Problem is if we don't get Top-4. Then, in Europa League, the calibre of players we can attract are also lessened. And can say bye-bye to Sancho. It is a tremendous achievement to even be in a Top-4 discussion after the shambles that Mourinho left us in, but it is what it is. DDG, Pogba are more likely to asking for a move away if we don't get CL, which is another big problem.

Oh well, if a rebuild is what is needed, then it is what it is.

It's a coaching issue with De Gea I think. LVG's coach had DDG playing best football of his career but he's been regressing visible since the coaching change. Still great player but I don't know if you can call him best in the world with a straight face anymore.

I don't know, until the World Cup, there was no way he was not the best GK in the world. He was superhuman. Then, he had a disastrous Cup, and has been carrying remnants of it still. OR rather, he is seeming much more human than normal. Mind you, he is still superlative, but instead of flawless performances, some errors have started creeping in.

I'm guessing if the contract is taken care of, and he has a proper pre-season, there is no reason he isn't back to being Superman.

Problem is if we don't get Top-4. Then, in Europa League, the calibre of players we can attract are also lessened. And can say bye-bye to Sancho. It is a tremendous achievement to even be in a Top-4 discussion after the shambles that Mourinho left us in, but it is what it is. DDG, Pogba are more likely to asking for a move away if we don't get CL, which is another big problem.

Oh well, if a rebuild is what is needed, then it is what it is.
Oh I agree. But we will still attract top players good enough to push us on. This is what I’m trying to say to Zz most of this mess is not Ole doing. He’s completely trying to change our style of play and our fitness levels. Which he’s admitted himself is tough with limited time to do both with so many games and the amount of players missing.

Really not arsed with the Thursday-Sunday schedule again next season. Don’t tell me it’s not a difference psychologically, because it is.

Ashley Young is a terrible right back, absolute garbage that some fans think he is somehow good enough because he has been a great servant to the club? Yeah I give credit to Solskjaer for changing tactically in this game, but to play Young as part of a back 3 was just weird. He ended up with a pass completion rate of like 23% in that game. So whilst you can say Solskjaer adapted, could argue that the decision to play Young at the back cost us anyway.

Very frustrating because I personally thought Wolves were there for the taking, but once again we have supposed world-class player *cough* Lukaku who can't finish a sitter and Lingard who once again shows why he is a squad player at best. I know people will bite at me saying that about Lingard but it's true, when it comes down to it he isn't good enough to be in a elite team.

Ashley Young is a terrible right back, absolute garbage that some fans think he is somehow good enough because he has been a great servant to the club? Yeah I give credit to Solskjaer for changing tactically in this game, but to play Young as part of a back 3 was just weird. He ended up with a pass completion rate of like 23% in that game. So whilst you can say Solskjaer adapted, could argue that the decision to play Young at the back cost us anyway.

Very frustrating because I personally thought Wolves were there for the taking, but once again we have supposed world-class player *cough* Lukaku who can't finish a sitter and Lingard who once again shows why he is a squad player at best. I know people will bite at me saying that about Lingard but it's true, when it comes down to it he isn't good enough to be in a elite team.
Dont think anyone will bite mate for saying Lingard is a squad player. But he does have good qualities for certain games and situations.

Dont think anyone will bite mate for saying Lingard is a squad player. But he does have good qualities for certain games and situations.

Fair play mate, Pogba was disappointing again too. Think his pass completion was like less than 70% in that game as well. Not good enough! Despite the good start, this team plays in patches and goes in/out of games too much.

Back