The Manchester United Thread

I had a feeling that's why we didn't see him against Wolves, despite the 'injury' line that was apparently the reason. Maybe I'm wrong but still think we should use him until the end like Ramsay with Arsenal.

His head is probably not quite right, but I agree. And tbh I expect we will. Still a quality player.

MEN and SW saying Mata farther has been in discussion with Barcelona recently. Defo would be a good clear out if we could get rid of Sanchez, Mata, Herrera, Rojo, Bailly, Darmian, Valencia, Wilson, CBJ. Get in some of the players that have been briefed then supplement the rest of the squad with the likes of Gomes, Chong, Garner, Greenwood, Laird. And bring back Tuanzebe and TFM. It’s sounds a lot but we can all admit it’s needed, would save thousands on wages. And most of these don’t feature and when they do are ***** anyway.

Like Ducker and Ogden have said. With cleared wages and income fees from transfers. Plus last seasons low spend and Fellaini money we could easily spend 300m will see I guess.

Last edited:
Bailly...? why

And others go for free or peanatus. Who ever takes Sanchez from you is brain dead or you will be paying big pulk of those wages for them.

Just checked and United have sold players over 50mil only 2 times, first with Ronaldo and then Di Maria.
Edit. Missed Beckham also, so 3

Last edited:
Bailly...? why

And others go for free or peanatus. Who ever takes Sanchez from you is brain dead or you will be paying big pulk of those wages for them.

Just checked and United have sold players over 50mil only 2 times, first with Ronaldo and then Di Maria.
Edit. Missed Beckham also, so 3
Bailly has turned out to be as bigger crock as Jones on the injury table. Apparently ones of his knees has not been the same since he got injured tackling Hazard under Mourinho last season. Oh for sure we will have to pay most of Sanchez wages. But least he will be gone and some of his wages off the books.

What people’s thoughts on Rice?

When watching West Ham games it is because of him ( a bit of Felipe also). A bit cocky move to change national team, but guy has real tallent and **** he is calm and composed, very good in air also. Started as center back and now has moved up the pitch. Already good holding midfielder and will be only better. I wont be suprised if City will also go after him for Fernandinho replacment.

How many of our players do you actually trust now to take us to where we want to be going forward? I can't name many and that's just because they are inconsistent and you never know what you're going to get.

De Gea wants £480k per week wages but can't distribute for **** and can't claim a ball it seems... be brave Dave and you prevent the 2nd goal for Wolves. He was also to blame for the 1st goal as well to a degree, giving Fred a pass in an area he shouldn't receive.

You know things are bad when you can't even trust De Gea anymore, I say that due to his performances this season generally. But mores because I can't see how he fits a team where he has to play out from the back, his distribution is poor when trying to play that way.

Sadly Fred will get the blame for Wednesday, but apart from his error he is miles better there than static Metic. He added some tenacity and industry to our midfield, if players like Lukaku and Lingard could actually finish golden chances then that game could have been over in first half.

This is the problem with our players, a lot of them you just never know what you're going to get. One week Lukaku is scoring a world and then the next week he can't finish easy chances. It's not a one off either, it's a constant cycle with this team.

Rice has lots of potential, but he also has a lot of learning to do. I think that are better CM options out there, but wouldn't be disappointed if we get him.

I just hope that our signs aren't all under 20 players, we need a more balanced squad.

When watching West Ham games it is because of him ( a bit of Felipe also). A bit cocky move to change national team, but guy has real tallent and **** he is calm and composed, very good in air also. Started as center back and now has moved up the pitch. Already good holding midfielder and will be only better. I wont be suprised if City will also go after him for Fernandinho replacment.
Thanks. Only seen a few matches. Would go with what you said tbh. A good long term Matic replacement.

Rice has lots of potential, but he also has a lot of learning to do. I think that are better CM options out there, but wouldn't be disappointed if we get him.

I just hope that our signs aren't all under 20 players, we need a more balanced squad.
Tbh even if we do target more younger signings we will still have a good balance. Young, Matic, Smalling, Romero all in there late 20s. Then DDG, Jones, Lindelof, Pogba, Fred, Lingard, Lukaku all in there mid to late 20s. Then Shaw, Martial, Rashford, Dalot, Mctominey all in there early to early to mid 20s. Then whatever new signings which seem to be early 20s. I would be happy with that.

How many of our players do you actually trust now to take us to where we want to be going forward? I can't name many and that's just because they are inconsistent and you never know what you're going to get.

De Gea wants £480k per week wages but can't distribute for **** and can't claim a ball it seems... be brave Dave and you prevent the 2nd goal for Wolves. He was also to blame for the 1st goal as well to a degree, giving Fred a pass in an area he shouldn't receive.

You know things are bad when you can't even trust De Gea anymore, I say that due to his performances this season generally. But mores because I can't see how he fits a team where he has to play out from the back, his distribution is poor when trying to play that way.

Sadly Fred will get the blame for Wednesday, but apart from his error he is miles better there than static Metic. He added some tenacity and industry to our midfield, if players like Lukaku and Lingard could actually finish golden chances then that game could have been over in first half.

This is the problem with our players, a lot of them you just never know what you're going to get. One week Lukaku is scoring a world and then the next week he can't finish easy chances. It's not a one off either, it's a constant cycle with this team.
Tbh with the players looking to leave and come in. And players remaining I will be more than confident going forward. We ain’t going to close such a huge gap in the league to be winners next season imo. But if we see good progressesion on the pitch. And finally a strong structure off the pitch. A strong top 3 finish in the league I will be happy. Especially with the players we will have at the right age and more experience having a real title push the season after.

Tbh even if we do target more younger signings we will still have a good balance. Young, Matic, Smalling, Romero all in there late 20s. Then DDG, Jones, Lindelof, Pogba, Fred, Lingard, Lukaku all in there mid to late 20s. Then Shaw, Martial, Rashford, Dalot, Mctominey all in there early to early to mid 20s. Then whatever new signings which seem to be early 20s. I would be happy with that.

We've been linked to Sancho (18), João Felix (19), Hudson-Odoi (18), Rice (20) and AWB (21), most of them with only one professional season under their belt. And we could lose Mata and Herrera in the summer. Most of the experienced players in the squad are peripheral figures. I'm not saying we should go after 30 yrs old players, but there are players between 23-26 yrs old with proven experience in the highest level. We can't fill all the holes in the squad with prospects.

wouldn't be surprised to see 2 dm/cm come in with Delph and Gundo sold

Young Matic and romero are all over 30. Hope for us all if Ashley Young is considered late 20's at 33.

Last edited:
Back