The Manchester United Thread

And if Delph goes you def need a homegrown guy coming in.

not really if Gundo, Mangala, Bravo, Sandler (loan) are all expected to leave. We only named 21 man squad for the season

Last edited:
We've been linked to Sancho (18), João Felix (19), Hudson-Odoi (18), Rice (20) and AWB (21), most of them with only one professional season under their belt. And we could lose Mata and Herrera in the summer. Most of the experienced players in the squad are peripheral figures. I'm not saying we should go after 30 yrs old players, but there are players between 23-26 yrs old with proven experience in the highest level. We can't fill all the holes in the squad with prospects.

Just say start of next season not 100% sure on ages

DDG 28/29
AWB 21/22
Linderlof 24/25
Koulibaly 28/29
Shaw 23/24

Matic 31/32
Fernandes 24/25 possibly Saul 26
Pogba 25/26

Sancho 19/20
Rashford 21/22
Martial 23/24

Rest: Romero 32, Lukaku 26, Young 34, Lingard 27, Smalling 29, Jones 26, Fred 27, Mctominey 22, Dalot 21, Tuanzebe 22, TFM 23, Periera 24. Then add Rice 21, Felix 20

That squad has more than enough experience in both 11 and squad squad/subs imo. Infact I say we need more younger players

Last edited:
I think its time to move De Gea. He's been fantastic for this club, but clearly wants to get out. Its been so for past three Summers.

Problem is - who to sign to replace him? Oblak? 100m for a gk?

I think its time to move De Gea. He's been fantastic for this club, but clearly wants to get out. Its been so for past three Summers.

When and IF De Gea leaves Dean Henderson should be No1. English, Huge talent, been fantastic at international youth level and had to fantastic loan spells and will be a major part if they get promoted to the Prem. He’s a fantastic shot stopper. Not great with his feet but is tough as nails and won’t think twice about bollocking a defender or wiping out the box to get a cross or a corner.

I'm inclined to agree with you there, don't get me wrong he is world's best shot-stopper probably but he deserves better and a part of me has wondered for a while now whether our team generally would benefit from a more commanding GK. If you think back to our successful times it has always been GK's who will organise a defence and have a commanding presence. I think our defence needs a leader behind them more than anything, so no hard feelings De Gea but wouldn't mind it being the end now. De Gea causes a bit of uncertainty a lot of times because he refuses to come and claim anything in the box and when he does he usually flaps at it.

When and IF De Gea leaves Dean Henderson should be No1. English, Huge talent, been fantastic at international youth level and had to fantastic loan spells and will be a major part if they get promoted to the Prem. He’s a fantastic shot stopper. Not great with his feet but is tough as nails and won’t think twice about bollocking a defender or wiping out the box to get a cross or a corner.

The drop off from De Gea to Henderson would certainly give Wolves hope for that 6th spot.

All predicated on CL football of course, but why wouldn't you want to pay for one of the two most important positions in any team?

De Gea keeping Utd away from mid-table the last few years has surely shown you how important a top class goalie is mate?

United actually missed on signing anyone when they missed the CL?

United actually missed on signing anyone when they missed the CL?

Mane twice for a kick-off by his own admission.

But in that scenario, if you're seriously suggesting that won't be an issue, along with Solksjaer as manager, this summer, it'll be fun to revisit this.

Money now only goes so far with today's players. (Mercenaries like Sanchez aside). They want the best project and playing at the highest level. CL football.

Mane twice for a kick-off by his own admission.

But in that scenario, if you're seriously suggesting that won't be an issue, along with Solksjaer as manager, this summer, it'll be fun to revisit this.

Money now only goes so far with today's players. (Mercenaries like Sanchez aside). They want the best project and playing at the highest level. CL football.

Twice?

Nah, jsut wondered they keep saying it, and united havent missed out on anyone because of it so far.

Yup. As per the fella'. Through two windows. Fee was agreed but it wasn't the right situation for him. With Europe playing a big part in that.

The further away you get from even challenging, the less attractive the 'name' becomes. We've first-hand experience of that. Today's players live in the here and now. And without that carrot of the CL, it becomes an even harder sell against clubs in far better situations.

Twice?

Nah, jsut wondered they keep saying it, and united havent missed out on anyone because of it so far.

I know but some people need to believe it so they keep saying it

That said, we'd be hard pressed to get Saul. But actually if you look at what are considered our targets, probably the only one that's affected by it. Even Koulibaly, as Napoli continue to not make the most of the CL and have hit their ceiling. United not even close to theirs yet.

BTW wkd, you think you'll win out?

I'm pretty confident we will. But I can see City doing the same. Which if you do fair F's to you. Can't complain about that.

Yup. As per the fella'. Through two windows. Fee was agreed but it wasn't the right situation for him. With Europe playing a big part in that.

The further away you get from even challenging, the less attractive the 'name' becomes. We've first-hand experience of that. Today's players live in the here and now. And without that carrot of the CL, it becomes an even harder sell against clubs in far better situations.

Which year?

Not really he’s a very good GK. And with a better defence and coached team I wouldn’t have any worries.

Danny Ward. He was brilliant for Town when they came up. Far more experienced and a Wales International.

You wouldn't want him anywhere near a top sides nets either.

MASSIVE difference going from a loan lower down to the pressure of following De Gea at Utd.

Danny Ward. He was brilliant for Town when they came up. Far more experienced and a Wales International.

You wouldn't want him anywhere near a top sides nets either.

MASSIVE difference going from a loan lower down to the pressure of following De Gea at Utd.
Tbh anyone would be a drop off to DDG. There simply is not a GK as of the same or near same quality. Dean Henderson has done all he can and more to prove he’s good enough and worth a shot. Plus he’s highly rated by the club and been rewarded with a new contract to prove it.

Back