The Manchester United Thread

Yup. As per the fella'. Through two windows. Fee was agreed but it wasn't the right situation for him. With Europe playing a big part in that.

Never said it was...

4hrs to forget already.

Last edited:
Yup. As per the fella'. Through two windows. Fee was agreed but it wasn't the right situation for him. With Europe playing a big part in that. Never said it was... 4hrs to forget already.

Mate, you're the one making an issue over it.

I gave you an example of someone who put the project, including Europe, over money.

Can we cut the games now?

So CL isn't and wasn't an issue for Mane, neither of you were in it. United now have a 'Project'. They wont miss out on anyone.

Obviously not read him on the reasons for turning them down then.

Got it.

Go back to playing to footie manager mate. You get your fantasy in that.

*Edit* Watched sorry. It's a TV piece that got cut down in print. But I'm way too tired to try justify this silly exchange.

Last edited:
'No one?' Exaggerate much?

I would say go watch the full TV piece but why bother?

I'm just talking out of my ****. As per.

That's more than enough of your bollocks for one night ta.

Henderson looks like a talent, but let's not forget at his age De Gea already had already played as a starter for Atletico and United.

If he leaves, Oblak or Donnarruma are still ones that can be signed to replace him (whether they want to leave their respective clubs is another issue altogether). There will still be a drop off in quality, but not by that much.

Henderson looks like a talent, but let's not forget at his age De Gea already had already played as a starter for Atletico and United.
I get what your saying mate. And im not saying he is as good as DDG. But when Henderson was at DDG age and staring at International youth level we already had DDG at the club so unfortunately for him was never going to get the chance anyway similar situation to Joel Periera.

They have both started to come to that age now where they should be either looking to move for regular first team football imo. Both are super talented. The club don’t want to lose them hence the new contracts and are both highly thought of. Gonna be interesting to see how it goes. But I honestly especially with Henderson he could replace DDG and become a top top GK.

Last edited:
United actually missed on signing anyone when they missed the CL?

Can we legit say that they got some class CL calibre guys also? For cashing out they got something but there was minor impact. Yeah Pogba but that is another homecoming story.
All the fancy linked names in the end did not happen.

Can we legit say that they got some class CL calibre guys also? For cashing out they got something but there was minor impact. Yeah Pogba but that is another homecoming story.
All the fancy linked names in the end did not happen.
Tbh apart from Moyes we haven’t been linked with any so called big stars when we have not had CL anyway. You can add Mkhtaryan and Zlatan joining that summer without CL. Really don’t think it will be an issue especially with the names we are linked to. Except Saul.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ws/sadio-mane-turned-down-manchester-11668016

So Mane can move to a club without CL football, coz it a 'Project' but now United have one, no one will go coz theres no CL football? talking out your **** as per.

Like I said, people stick to views even when the evidence doesn't exist. It's how brexit happened.

The only player it will definitely cost us us Saul, who is a hard target anyway. Possibly varane but we haven't shown any purported interest, though I mention him as we're looking for an elite CB

Says a lot when a city fan is calling bullshit on something about United.

Last edited:
Lukaku's agent on SSN saying how his future is very open and he would like to experience a different culture and prove himself in other countries.

Alright toots then mate... won't miss him at all. Don't get me wrong he scores goals but is just so inconsistent in big games and misses big opportunities.

I think we should be looking at another striker to partner with Rashford going forward for that spot anyway.

Lukaku's agent on SSN saying how his future is very open and he would like to experience a different culture and prove himself in other countries.

Alright toots then mate... won't miss him at all. Don't get me wrong he scores goals but is just so inconsistent in big games and misses big opportunities.

I think we should be looking at another striker to partner with Rashford going forward for that spot anyway.

I really like his mindset and he offers something different. Good leader too. Wouldnt be getting rid at all unless we improving on him considerably. Also not without getting close to 75m

No way. You are underestimating the size of the rebuild if you think we can add another striker to the list. RB,CB, maybe 2 CMs. And an RW, if we can wrangle it. No way should we be letting Lukaku leave, **** what the agent says. Take a hard stance, and tell him he is going nowhere this season. I doubt he will throw a hissy fit, but if things come to that, we can consider that then.

And realistically, who are the alternate options anyhow? In that price range, and those who are good? Maybe Werner or Jovic. Although, every top club will be sniffing around them (Werner's contract situation and Jovic's prospect potential. Maybe Dybala or Icardi. But Icardi seems toxic, and Dybala is a very different player (one I'd love, mind, but still//)

I really like his mindset and he offers something different. Good leader too. Wouldnt be getting rid at all unless we improving on him considerably. Also not without getting close to 75m

Ashley Young also has a good mindset, but he's still pants when it really matters! Slight exaggeration but Lukaku is one of the most frustrating strikers I've seen at United for some time. He has the physique to be a great all round striker but in reality is a poacher with brute strength he doesn't use well enough.

The most frustrating thing with Lukaku is his inconsistency, one week he scores a worldie and the next week he's missing a tap in which costs us points ultimately. I just don't see where we go with him long-term anyway, his big game goalscoring record is terrible and it can't really be denied anymore.

1 goal against the top 6 in 17 PL matches...... =/

If he takes his easy chances against Arsenal and Wolves we're all smiling now probably rather than likely to miss out on top 4.

Ashley Young also has a good mindset, but he's still pants when it really matters! Slight exaggeration but Lukaku is one of the most frustrating strikers I've seen at United for some time. He has the physique to be a great all round striker but in reality is a poacher with brute strength he doesn't use well enough.

The most frustrating thing with Lukaku is his inconsistency, one week he scores a worldie and the next week he's missing a tap in which costs us points ultimately. I just don't see where we go with him long-term anyway, his big game goalscoring record is terrible and it can't really be denied anymore.

1 goal against the top 6 in 17 PL matches...... =/

If he takes his easy chances against Arsenal and Wolves we're all smiling now probably rather than likely to miss out on top 4.

Lukaku is actually more accurate than given credit for. Secondly, most of the issues have come from extremely slow poor service along with him being desperately out-of form and fitness

So now you need to point to a striker who does what he does better, on and off the pitch, at the same ages, that's available. Let along making sure we get a decent fee back to invest in said striker

In fact he's got a shots to goals ratio of 27% which is actually very high

Last time I checked, for forwards with more than 5 goals he was the most accurate in the league, with Martial second.

Last edited:
Back