The Manchester United Thread

No way. You are underestimating the size of the rebuild if you think we can add another striker to the list. RB,CB, maybe 2 CMs. And an RW, if we can wrangle it. No way should we be letting Lukaku leave, **** what the agent says. Take a hard stance, and tell him he is going nowhere this season. I doubt he will throw a hissy fit, but if things come to that, we can consider that then.

And realistically, who are the alternate options anyhow? In that price range, and those who are good? Maybe Werner or Jovic. Although, every top club will be sniffing around them (Werner's contract situation and Jovic's prospect potential. Maybe Dybala or Icardi. But Icardi seems toxic, and Dybala is a very different player (one I'd love, mind, but still//)
Unfortunatly sounds like Werner is off to Bayern and Jovic has been in talks with Barca and Madrid already.

I agree under no circumstances can we lose Lukaku! He offers something different and is a top finisher when given good service. I was sceptical about how much we would do this Summer money wise before Ole. Took over but it looks like he’s been given reassurances and gonna be backed to the hill, to get his rebuild done on the ins and outs fronts. We simply have to much to do before thinking about Lukaku.

Last edited:
Lukaku is actually more accurate than given credit for. Secondly, most of the issues have come from extremely slow poor service along with him being desperately out-of form and fitness

So now you need to point to a striker who does what he does better, on and off the pitch, at the same ages, that's available. Let along making sure we get a decent fee back to invest in said striker

In fact he's got a shots to goals ratio of 27% which is actually very high

Last time I checked, for forwards with more than 5 goals he was the most accurate in the league, with Martial second.
I think Martial just edges him now but like you said that still crazy good %.

Slightly off topic but Barcelona everyone writing us off again all well and good I don't mind that. They are a great team but they are leaking goals.... problem is so are we. But in their last game it was like 4-4 against Villarreal or Valencia can't remember.

So yeah I'm nervous about their attack against our defence but I don't think their defence is anything to write home about either.

I'm expecting us to renew DDG, despite his wages. IT will happen, adding a GK on top of everything else will be too much. And expect us to go for a top CM, prospect CB, maybe a RB and a RW. All this, and it is a brilliant summer. We also need another CM to offset Herrera's departure, and depth to cover Mata, should he leave (which is also looking likely).

I don't know, but at the price he is available, Depay is sounding like an increasingly attractive option, with his ability to play across the front four positions. And since we have a buyback clause on him. This is if Mata doesn't renew.

Also, is Saul realistic? I can see Atleti holding out for his release clause, which is rumoured to be about 125 Mn. And he signed a 7 year contract last year. I know the rumours have sprung up quite a bit, but Atleti have no desire to sell, and even if any club were to acquire him, it would be a huge dent in the budget - hardly what I'd expect us to go after, especially needing depth and first teamers in different positions. Partey sounds like a more reasonable acquisition.

We have a big summer ahead, I think next season is transition at best so don't mind if we try and get as many out the door as possible then give a season for new players to bed in. Then next summer can do the final tweaks in order to give the following season a proper go.

I really don't want us to bow into De Gea wages if they are anything near what Ducker is reporting, it will cause us problems like Sanchez excessive wages are going into the future. We need a wage structure and to stick with it, no player deserves £450k+ per week wages.

If we have to get rid of De Gea so be it, we'll have next season to have a new GK that can hopefully adapt. I don't want Romero as no.1.

We have a big summer ahead, I think next season is transition at best so don't mind if we try and get as many out the door as possible then give a season for new players to bed in. Then next summer can do the final tweaks in order to give the following season a proper go.

I really don't want us to bow into De Gea wages if they are anything near what Ducker is reporting, it will cause us problems like Sanchez excessive wages are going into the future. We need a wage structure and to stick with it, no player deserves £450k+ per week wages.

If we have to get rid of De Gea so be it, we'll have next season to have a new GK that can hopefully adapt. I don't want Romero as no.1.

It's not FM, zz. Can't get too many people out of the door, we will have a very unstable dressing room, with no leaders and no United culture. That will cause more damage than a year of no CL. Tbh, half the problem since the Ferguson era has been that - No Giggs, ferdinand, Evra, Vidic, Scholes, Neville - they led controlled the dressing room (Rooney himself admits so - come to think of it, no Rooney too). There are benefits to keeping players beyond just their ability on the pitch, too (Mata, for instance)

I expect Lee Grant, Rojo, Darmian to be shown the door. Herrera and Mata may want to leave, so they're gone too (hoped not). Sanchez, maybe, but I'm not optimistic we will find someone to take his wages off us. That's already quite a lot of outgoings. We shouldn't be looking to add on to it.

To throw Henderson in with no settled defence would be brutal. De Gea had Ferdinand and Vidic. Hendo wouldnt have anyone.
Would be amazing if De Gea and United come to agreement.
Lukaku is good player to have. Thing is, Rashford seems to get better and better and soon he'll be clear #1. Would keep Lukaku, but wouldnt be too sad if he left in next two seasons.

I'm expecting us to renew DDG, despite his wages. IT will happen, adding a GK on top of everything else will be too much. And expect us to go for a top CM, prospect CB, maybe a RB and a RW. All this, and it is a brilliant summer. We also need another CM to offset Herrera's departure, and depth to cover Mata, should he leave (which is also looking likely).

I don't know, but at the price he is available, Depay is sounding like an increasingly attractive option, with his ability to play across the front four positions. And since we have a buyback clause on him. This is if Mata doesn't renew.

Also, is Saul realistic? I can see Atleti holding out for his release clause, which is rumoured to be about 125 Mn. And he signed a 7 year contract last year. I know the rumours have sprung up quite a bit, but Atleti have no desire to sell, and even if any club were to acquire him, it would be a huge dent in the budget - hardly what I'd expect us to go after, especially needing depth and first teamers in different positions. Partey sounds like a more reasonable acquisition.
I think that’s why we are chasing Joao Felix as a direct replacement for Mata. Can play anywhere behind the STR and will be a far better player than Memphis.

Yeah I’m also confident De Gea will stay.

It's not FM, zz. Can't get too many people out of the door, we will have a very unstable dressing room, with no leaders and no United culture. That will cause more damage than a year of no CL. Tbh, half the problem since the Ferguson era has been that - No Giggs, ferdinand, Evra, Vidic, Scholes, Neville - they led controlled the dressing room (Rooney himself admits so - come to think of it, no Rooney too). There are benefits to keeping players beyond just their ability on the pitch, too (Mata, for instance)

I expect Lee Grant, Rojo, Darmian to be shown the door. Herrera and Mata may want to leave, so they're gone too (hoped not). Sanchez, maybe, but I'm not optimistic we will find someone to take his wages off us. That's already quite a lot of outgoings. We shouldn't be looking to add on to it.
Plus Valencia has already been told he can go. Grant, Rojo, Darmian, Valencia, Herrera, Sanchez I definitely expect to leave. Still not sure on Mars but it’s looking likely also. Not to mention the rest of the u23s than are gonna be shown the door. It’s a lot but needed.

Could be, they are 100m in debt with some ageing players to replace. 3 leaving on a free in June inc Godin. They'll prob cash in on one or two names

U23s vs WBA tonight will be a good watch to see Greenwood, Chong, Gomes, Laird, Garner, Levitt at OT :)

At Old Trafford
Kick off at 7pm
Live on MUTV

Could be, they are 100m in debt with some ageing players to replace. 3 leaving on a free in June inc Godin. They'll prob cash in on one or two names

This has all started because Saul himself feels like he might need a move. So they will definitely ask for the release or close to. And he'll want around 200k. Hence the impasse with herrera

This has all started because Saul himself feels like he might need a move. So they will definitely ask for the release or close to. And he'll want around 200k. Hence the impasse with herrera
Would be a huge upgrade to get both Saul and Fernandes in after losing Herrera even though I would like to keep him. But Saul will be tough.

Tbf, I would be happy with Fernandes and Partey (if we don't get Saul, as he would be a more mobile Matic). Both seem doable. Unless of course, Rice is part of the equation somewhere.

Tbf, I would be happy with Fernandes and Partey (if we don't get Saul, as he would be a more mobile Matic). Both seem doable. Unless of course, Rice is part of the equation somewhere.
Be surprised if Atletico lost Saul, Partey and Rodri who looks certain to be going to City. But they have ruled themselves out of Saul and Rice.

#MUAcademy Under-23s: #MUFC v West Brom: Kovar; O'Connor, Ercolani, Bernard, Marcos Rojo; Garner, Andreas, Gomes (c); Chong, Greenwood, Burkart.

Subs: Woolston, Tanner, Levitt, Baars, Bohui.

Rojo and Periera playing wtf! Exciting attacking team but under Sbragia I’m not expecting much. Hope I’m wrong!

Rojo playing LB getting game time in to replace Shaw.

Ole and Ed sat together.

10 mins gone Utd well on top. Gone close 3 times with Greenwood, Gomes, Chong.

15 mins gone and Greenwood with a great bit of skill beats 2 players and draws a class save from the keeper. Basically attack v defence atm.

Wow sexy football! Garner hits a half volley switch ball 50 yards to Greenwood. Who beats a man then slots a lovely pass to Burkart who cruyff turns it into the back of the net. Great goal!

Mckenna And Murtaugh who is now fave for the DOF role just rocked up and sat with Ed and Ole.

Burkart nearly makes it 2 after being put through by Garner. Another great save. Burkarts runs are fantastic!

1-0 HT. Utd dominated but the last 10 mins got far to sloppy and let WBA back in it. Greenwood should of made it 2-0 in the last min of the half. Missed a great chance with a header after a good Rojo cross.

Rojo and Periera off and Tanner and Levitt on.

Greenwood misses a great chance again to make it 2-0 after some lovely one touch passing.

WOW Greenwood needs to change his boots. Shanks another great chance wide after beating his man. Then WBA with there first attack score from a peno after a stupid challenge from DiShon Bernard. 1-1 after 61 mins. Wasted far to many chances!

WTF how’s that not a peno. Blatant shove in the back on Chong!

Ole, Carrick, McKenna loom asleep watching this. Since 35 mins we have been really poor on the Ball Sbragia hasn’t changed a thing since WBA have changed tactics and been in top.

Last edited:
Back