The Manchester United Thread

With all due respect, you nonsensed me sharing that Herrera was leaving too, and that looks all but done. Whilst it could be complete and utter garbage, it’s also not the most unbelievable thing you’ll read given the current state of affairs. People are sheep. One, two, three people do it, it’s easy to join in.

Don't see the difference between sharing positive nonsensical twitter rumours & negative ones.

I’ll make sure my next post is a treble Barcelona swoop for Messi, Pique & Dembélé.

Last edited:
With all due respect, you nonsensed me sharing that Herrera was leaving too, and that looks all but done. Whilst it could be complete and utter garbage, it’s also not the most unbelievable thing you’ll read given the current state of affairs. People are sheep. One, two, three people do it, it’s easy to join in.

Don't see the difference between sharing positive nonsensical twitter rumours & negative ones.
Nothings done though that’s the thing. Next the Mirror will say that Greenwood wants 650k a week and fans will start flipping out at that to.

I’ll make sure my next post is a treble Barcelona swoop for Messi, Pique & Dembélé.
I won’t believe it unless it a quadruple swoop with Suarez included and Barca are paying all there wages till the end of there contracts.

He hasn't left. He's still waiting on United. So no, it's not all but done.

Nonsense is nonsense, whether it's positive or negative.

Thought you'd be better than that, frankly.

Do people bother to try an verify information anymore?

Last edited:
Who has time to verify sports news when I have to wonder about vaccines, earth being flat and gluten.

Juan Mata's father | "Manchester [United] have offered to renew [Juan’s contract]. We are very happy, but there are proposals from Champions League clubs from Spain. Now is not the time to decide.”

Mata is pants now really hope he goes tbh, like one good game all season. He was a good player but he can't keep up with the game anymore, especially if you play him on one side or the other rather than no.10. Nice guy but wrong for Ole's high intensity way of playing.

But anyway, I've got a bad feeling about tonight I can't lie. I hope I'm wrong but got a feeling we're going to get roasted. Dembele (if he starts) against Young is a complete mismatch lol.

Mata is pants now really hope he goes tbh, like one good game all season. He was a good player but he can't keep up with the game anymore, especially if you play him on one side or the other rather than no.10. Nice guy but wrong for Ole's high intensity way of playing.

But anyway, I've got a bad feeling about tonight I can't lie. I hope I'm wrong but got a feeling we're going to get roasted. Dembele (if he starts) against Young is a complete mismatch lol.

The problem with binning off Mata is this:

1) Ole wants to move back to that dominating possession and transition game, which Mata is great at

2) he's on relatively modest wages for his stature

3) we get no money back replacing him

4) getting someone of his calibre will be expensive, especially since we want to reinforce elsewhere

He should be a central squad option only, but even then replacing him along with the 3/4 other signings is easier said than done

Tbh, if we sign a RW and a CM, Mata will be a peripheral figure in the squad next season.

Tbh, if we sign a RW and a CM, Mata will be a peripheral figure in the squad next season.

But we don't want to be removing depth. That's my point. If he's on a good wage, having Mata as a rotation option will show the strength of our reinforcement hopefully

But we don't want to be removing depth. That's my point. If he's on a good wage, having Mata as a rotation option will show the strength of our reinforcement hopefully

I'd agree with you if his contract wasn't expiring. Then would be a simple decision. But Mata, at the age of 30, will be looking to extend the contract for more than a couple of seasons, that without consider possible wage and fee demands (don't know if he's asking for a raise, but still).

And for him, maybe a spanish club who plays in the UCL and can offer more game time is what's best for his career at this point.

I can see your point, but is not an easy decision. If we commit with him now, will be very difficult to sell him later.

Told you this injury was all too coincidental TOD with Herrera, now BBC and Guarding are saying he's off as expected. What a shame but not surprising really, will be a miss in terms of what he offers off the pitch especially.

Told you this injury was all too coincidental TOD with Herrera, now BBC and Guarding are saying he's off as expected. What a shame but not surprising really, will be a miss in terms of what he offers off the pitch especially.
So because he’s agreed a move he can’t be injured. People really that dumb to think Ole wont pick him till the end of the season lol.

Shame he’s off but he ain’t worth 200k a week to be a squad player. Glad the club have seen sense. Now get Sanchez off the books and sort this stuff out. 180k we offered should of been enough easily. Utd through and through my ***! We are clearly gonna sign 2 CMs now in the summer and will likely have an upgraded midfield next season. CL will be key to getting Saul. But happy with the other names linked also.

Last edited:
Team news: DDG, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Dalot, Mctominey, Fred, Pogba, Rashford, Lukaku

Subs: Romero, Jones, Mata, Martial, Lingard, Periera, Rojo

So because he’s agreed a move he can’t be injured. People really that dumb to think Ole wont pick him till the end of the season lol.

Shame he’s off but he ain’t worth 200k a week to be a squad player. Glad the club have seen sense. Now get Sanchez off the books and sort this stuff out. 180k we offered should of been enough easily. Utd through and through my ***! We are clearly gonna sign 2 CMs now in the summer and will likely have an upgraded midfield next season. CL will be key to getting Saul. But happy with the other names linked also.

Yes as long as those Rashford 300k wages aren't true because that would be almost as bad as Sanchez. But I still think something may have gone ion behind the scenes with Herrera, he wasn't injured last week and didn't play then either.

Electric, bold first half from us, but we need to turn that into chances.

It was so quiet here, i thought everyone are watching those amazing Ajax kids.

Back