The Manchester United Thread

Frame this coz I doubt I'll be saying it much but Fred was ******* brilliant in that 2nd half

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Frame this coz I doubt I'll be saying it much but Fred was ******* brilliant in that 2nd half

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've got hope for Fred, most players need to adapt first season and he has at least shown somewhat lately that he can perform in a United shirt.

Good performance by the lads. Should of scored 2. Didn’t give Barca a sniff. Ole got his tactics spot on. And Mctominey and Fred were fantastic. Think Lukaku should of stayed on though.

Oh and how the **** did Busquets stay on the pitch!!

Last edited:
Well, energetic and bold display from the boys tonight. They deserve praise for that. I liked our first half way better than our second tho.

I think Solksjaer got it wrong when he took Lukaku out. He was not playing his best match, but we lost the capacity to hold the ball in the attack.

Good match from Fred and Pogba (also from McTominay).

Rashford needs to polish his technical gestures if he wants to go to the next level. Too heavy of a first touch.

We never put Barça in any danger, it has to be said. Not one shot in the target, not one save from Ter Stegen and only three out of 10 shots from inside the box.

In the end, we lacked quality to turn our intensity into clear chances. 0x1 is not a disaster of a result.

Last edited:
I don't know what to make of that really, a Barca team that isn't what it was back in 2010 but we haven't had one shot on target all night. I'm happy and disappointed at the same time, because I was expecting worse.

Don’t know how anyone can be disappointed tbh. 99.99% of the fans thought we were gonna get a right roasting. To keep that 3 for almost 90 mins to not have a sniff is an achievement in itself especially when you look at our CMs and Young at FB.

The only thing that that I think as in the short term Rashford not being consistent enough to lead the line for us. For me it has to be Martial or Lukaku. This team only needs a bit of tweaking for me we know where. And we won’t be far off.

Nah I know what zz means. We expected to get battered. Buy actually we did well enough that we could and maybe should have taken more. Even in defeat, we looked miles ahead than under Jose.

Nah I know what zz means. We expected to get battered. Buy actually we did well enough that we could and maybe should have taken more. Even in defeat, we looked miles ahead than under Jose.
Yeah I agree with that not disappointed more frustrating with those 2 great chances for Dalot and Rashford.

Whats your our thoughts on Rashford being long term No9?

I don't know why media are always acting as if Barca is some unstoppable juggernaut when they haven't done much on this level for several years now.

Yeah I agree with that not disappointed more frustrating with those 2 great chances for Dalot and Rashford.

Whats your our thoughts on Rashford being long term No9?

God please no, I love Rashford but he's not ready to be our Striker if we're to challenge for titles.

So my take:

I'm disappointed because Barca were average honestly. It's not like we really made them look average, they were just average. Messi was quieter than a caterpillar taking a **** on a cotton ball. I can say this is the worst Barca side we've played in the past decade ...and we didn't have a single shot on target. Sugar coat it all you want by saying "oh, the lads played well" and all but we missed a golden opportunity. Villarreal put 4 past this exact same side the other week ffs.

If you look at it from a general perspective, we've won just 1 of our past 5 games. Coincidentally, Ole signed a 3 year deal 5 games ago. Yeah, we maybe actually screwed

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Off topic: i hope we're seriously considering David Neres. World class goal and great exhibition against Juve.

Messi didn't have an outstanding campaign in the knockouts for a while now, either.

That's fair, but he's having a mad season. One of his best. Credit to the boys for having him quiet all game.

That's fair, but he's having a mad season. One of his best. Credit to the boys for having him quiet all game.

You'd expect him and Barcelona to be pushing far more next Tuesday at home than the controlled, disciplined display tonight.

Really solid, competent away European performance from them which could well have resulted in a wider scoreline. That said the Dalot 'header' (term used VERY loosely) could have undone their hard work. WTF was he doing there?

Back