The Manchester United Thread

I'd love us to get Doucoure for midfield. Very underrated. For RW/IF with proven Premiership quality I'd love Son. Not his strongest side but hes a great player and gets his fair share of goals, but thats never going to happen. If we are to get a proven world class CB I dont see how we can turn down Alderweireld and that price. Will still get a good few years out of him allowing more funds for other key positions.

If we could get Doucoure and Alderweireld your looking about £50-60m. That still leaves plenty of money for other areas.
I think you will get Dacoure for that price. You will be looking at about 75m

In other news u23s play Newcastle tonight. Expect a strong lineup as non of Gomes, Chong, Garner, Greenwood etc have travelled to Barca.

Last edited:
Yeah not sure on Pepe. Looks good and has put up some good numbers but he’s inconsistent and I don’t think he’s gonna be anywhere near as good going up to that level.

Lozano for me above any RW option except Sancho.

Since we're discussing potential tranfers, gotta say i love James Maddison. I've seen him play as CM, number 10 and in the left. He has amazing technique and creativity. I know it would be near impossible to convince Leicester to sell him rught now, but he needs to be a long term target.

agree on doucoure hes a very good player.Have been really dissapointed with matic for a while and think he needs replacing.

#MUAcademy U23s: #MUFC v Newcastle (A) - Woolston; Olosunde, Ercolani, O'Connor, Tanner; Garner, Barlow, Gomes (c); Chong, Greenwood, Burkart.

Subs: Fojticek, Warren, Levitt, Baars, Bohui.

Great start for the u23s. Fantastic ball by Greenwood to Burkart who calmly megs the keeper after 4 mins. Boy he just doesn’t miss!

Burkart again. Fantastic by Gomes in CM skips past a few challenges then slots it left to Burkart. Beats his man cutting inside and places a great shot in the bottom corner with his weaker left foot.

Wow nearly 3-0. Chong with a great dribbling run down the left gets to the byline pulls it back to Gomes at the edge of the box. He beats his man and his great curling efffort crashed off the bar.

Great to see Olusunde back and playing well again after a horrid time with injury.

Wohoo 4-0 exquisite stuff! Garner with a great challenge who lays it off to Gomes who plays a delightful curling pass with the outside of his right foot to Chong. Who’s run was time to perfection in behind and slots it away calmly into the bottom corner.

3-0 HT. Newcastle will be having nightmares about Gomes, Chong and especially Burkart. But Garner has been such a joy from deep.

https://twitter.com/p_klama/status/1117858433049534464?s=21

https://twitter.com/p_klama/status/1117859474885074945?s=21

https://twitter.com/p_klama/status/1117864495140016129?s=21

Barlow off injured. Levitt on. 50 mins

Chong off for Bohui after 59 mins. Utd still playing well and spurned 2 good counter attacks.

WOW!!! 4-0 Utd Greenwood postage stamp freekick from 30 yrds out. Keeper had no chance. 27 gls in 27 for Greenwood at youth level this season.

5-0 Utd. Tanner brings it down the left plays it to Levitt who cuts it back from the byline to Greenwood who has a tap in.

Greenwood freekick :) https://twitter.com/p_klama/status/1117875296001126402?s=21

5-0 FT. Great performance all round but Gomes was just another.

Last edited:
Maddison is but would only be a good squad option.

Seven goals and six assists in the league shouldn't be underestimated. He still has a lot to learn, specially his off the ball work, but there's amazing potential in him.

Plus, he leads the league in key passes, if i'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
I just hope tomorrow that we actually go for it a bit, yeah you have to respect Barcelona at their place but last thing I want to see is we sit deep, concede a goal and then try to go for the jugular.

We need to be aggressive tomorrow and really try to get the upper hand before it slips away that's my opinion away! Allow them to take advantage early and we're not getting back into this tie.

Mason Greenwood is different ******* gravy, what a free kick. Should be with first team, none of our attacking players are pulling up trees.

I just hope tomorrow that we actually go for it a bit, yeah you have to respect Barcelona at their place but last thing I want to see is we sit deep, concede a goal and then try to go for the jugular.

We need to be aggressive tomorrow and really try to get the upper hand before it slips away that's my opinion away! Allow them to take advantage early and we're not getting back into this tie.

Mason Greenwood is different ******* gravy, what a free kick. Should be with first team, none of our attacking players are pulling up trees.
Think there being careful with Greenwood mate. He’s going through a growth spell both hight and bulk wise. And his balance hasn’t looked right the last few 90 mins he’s played at youth level.

Back