The Manchester United Thread

Our squad is the third most expensive in the world, just behind City and PSG. Also, is the third more expensive wage bill in the world. We don't have a squad that matches the amount of money we spent to assemble it, not by a long shot. Someone is at fault for this, and is not the managers.

Third most expensive in terms of what? Transfer values or Transfer values paid? If it is paid, I kinda find it hard to believe - Real and Barca aren't ahead of us? If it is transfer values, that is good. As for wage bill, one would assume Pogba and Sanchez are the biggest contributors to that.

I'd be disappointed if we move for Gueye. He's been very good for Everton, but he's not an all around CM like Herrera. More like a sub for Matic. And he's 29 and never played for a big club.

If we want a experienced midfielder to replace Herrera, we should move for Rakitic. He's an intelligent player, does a bit of everything, very technical, a proven winner and in my book played a better WC 2018 than Modric. Barca's president said he could leave at the end of the season and Juve is showing interest.

Third most expensive in terms of what? Transfer values or Transfer values paid? If it is paid, I kinda find it hard to believe - Real and Barca aren't ahead of us? If it is transfer values, that is good. As for wage bill, one would assume Pogba and Sanchez are the biggest contributors to that.

Is the amount we spent to assemble this squad. PSG bought Neymar and edge us for a couple of millions. I know it's unbelievable, but there's a good amount of sources to confirm it.

Is the amount we spent to assemble this squad. PSG bought Neymar and edge us for a couple of millions. I know it's unbelievable, but there's a good amount of sources to confirm it.
But the thing is - PSG changed players like sockets till they find whats good for them. Clubs like City or Chelsea or even Barca spent more than United assembling their squad.

But the thing is - PSG changed players like sockets till they find whats good for them. Clubs like City or Chelsea or even Barca spent more than United assembling their squad.

Only PSG & City spent more assembling the current squads as they are than Man U.

Weekly Post 233

Only PSG & City spent more assembling the current squads as they are than Man U.

Weekly Post 233

Hmm, didn't expect that. Though United spent a lot during a winter/summer and my informations are based on last season. Also did not expect Liverpool to be that high.

That Juve spent 'just' half a billion to build a top three squad in Europe is embarrasing for us.

Exclusive: Manchester United offered to double Ander Herrera's salary to get him to stay #mufc
NEW @ForbesSports

Still less than PSG. That would have taken him to 160k. Which I think everyone would agree is a very respectable offer

From the embargo part of Ole presser

OGS @ManUtd progress: “Under no illusions this going to be plain sailing, its going to be hard. It's going to be survival of the fittest/best. We got a great boost, now [it's] more challenging times. You want to see players step up + say now: 'I want to be part of this'.”

OGS also confirms Antonio Valencia will leave @ManUtd at end of season

Good read and like what he’s saying. Just makes me even more sure he’s the right man for the job. People think he’s got the job to be a yes man and can’t be ruthless. Think that’s far from the truth! Can’t wait for the summer and next season feels like the reset the club needs. https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1116947691714633729?s=21

Five new additions will be just the start of Solskjaer’s overhaul this summer https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchesterunited/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-under-no-illusions-as-he-prepares-to-make-tough-decisions-in-man-utd-overhaul-a4117096.html …

Last edited:
U18s v City

At Academy Stadium
Kick off at 11am

.@ManUtd U18s line-up...
1f5d2.png

XI | Carney, Williams, Devine, Bernard, Hockenhall, Levitt, Ramazani, Traore, Elanga, Galbraith, McCann.

SUBS | Stanley, Mastny, Helm, Hughes, Shoritire.

15 mins gone. End to end Utd wasting good attacking chances. City just edging the possession and forced a few good saves. City just taken the lead 1-0

Big kick off see City Robinson get sent off for a late swipe at Williams. Brawl brakes out with Robinson and Williams having a set to. All 22 players get involved. Williams gets a yellow for his reaction to Robinson’s late challenge. And Ramanzani sees yellow for pushing over a City player. That was fun lol :)

Get in Utd equalise. Great flighted ball over the City defence by Brandon Williams. Met by a great run from deep by Galbraith who first touch takes it round the keeper second touch slots it home.

1-1 HT. The yellow cards are pilling up and there’s defo a couple more reds if this carries on. Proper derby encapsulated by Captain Brandon Williams who has been absolutely fantastic in defence and attack. Can see what it means to him being a proper local lad. Traore on the other hand has been the complete opposite so far!

Well that’s a **** start to the second half! 2-1 City. Utd waste a good attack get hit on the break. But the cross in was poor from City but Hockenhull absolutely air swipes trying to clear the ball, misses it by a mile and the City player behind him has an easy shot to score.

Hockenhull off for Iysten Hughes u16s player making his debut. He’s gone to RB and Williams to CB. Ramanzani makes City keeper make 2 top saves to keep them in the lead. 61 mins gone.

2-2. Devine brought down in the box from behind. Levitt makes it 9 from 9 peno this season. Then runs up and shushes the keeper who was doing all sorts to put him off.

Last edited:
OGS in prog: “There are 4 teams fighting for 2 places. I’m confident we can do it. There’s little room for mistakes, something we have stressed to players. We have spoken of the importance of effort, attitude + intensity we are going to need in the remaining weeks of the season”

Solskjaer likely to make as many as five changes to his Man Utd line-up today ahead of Barcelona return leg on Tuesday. Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Mata and Martial all likely to start against West Ham #MUFC

Told you at the time it was a **** decision by the board to appoint Ole before the end of season. Then you could of assessed the whole season and give a more accurate picture on whether Solskjaer is right man.

Why did we trigger that decision before we even recovered after a loss, we're useless top to bottom.

Outplayed by West Ham, I can't even remember our last good performance under Ole and that's the most worrying thing. People might say Barca but we had 0 shots on target that's how low our standards are now.

How do you fancy Rice?
He has not had lot of work to do...

Shaky game from your side, wrong offside call against Felipe goal, soft penalty and just West Ham dominating more.

Now Greenword on, that's interesting.

The big positive and only one probably from today once again is Fred, this guy is better than Matic in that position. He has more mobility and better on the ball as well.

Back