The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, but i had De Ligt, De Jong and Neres in mind.
Clubs have been looking at De Ligt and De Jong since they were 15. They didn’t want to sell and neither wanted to leave till now. I’m not sure Neres is gonna be all that tbh.

Letting blind go wasn't exactly a mistake. He was a utility player at best.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Clubs have been looking at De Ligt and De Jong since they were 15. They didn’t want to sell and neither wanted to leave till now. I’m not sure Neres is gonna be all that tbh.

That's not what i meant, tho. No club was willing to make an offer for them last transfer windows. Langley literally said that we turned both of them down.

As for Neres, he has left two big performances against Real Madrid and Juve and now he'll play the semis. That's more than most of our current players have done in Europe.

Best at doing what? Running around and doing nothing constructive to be honest.

Someone made a very good point elsewhere.... since we beat Ajax in EL Final, one team has thrown money trying to get back to the top whilst the other has a philosophy and structure that has taken them back to where they belong. Fair play to Ajax chuffed for them.

But everyone goes how money is ruining football.... Ajax are a glowing example this season how you don't need to have all the money in order to be successful.

I'm staggered how bad we actually are as a club right now, top to bottom a complete mess. This dressing room isn't right still either, we start off well and then crumble as soon as things get a bit difficult.

It will take a monumental rebuild to get us back to where we want to be, but given how we have handed our contracts to deadwood already I'm not confident we're anywhere close. Paul Mitchell needs to come in straight away and sort our footballing structure out.

To be fair, this generation of Ajax has been coming for a while. When those players were in the U16 it was known this was an exceptional, once in a decade generation. A shame the most talented player did not make it, Appie Nouri.

What you can give Ajax credit for is investing in time in extra quality in Tadic and Blind and keeping one more season their talents likeiyech and Neres and rejecting a 40m offer and hope for a succesful result like today.

De Gea........

Luis Enrique, keep De Gea out of the national team.

Eres un paquete!!!

Last edited:
Que es un paquete. No lo quiero en la selección nacional.

He's really bad as a goalkeeper. Don't want him in the national team ;)

Shows how far we have fallen when our best player in both legs is McTominay. That's not a dig at him. But the money we have spent and the players on the pitch and McTominay is the best? Big changes needed

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

To be fair, this generation of Ajax has been coming for a while. When those players were in the U16 it was known this was an exceptional, once in a decade generation. A shame the most talented player did not make it, Appie Nouri.

What you can give Ajax credit for is investing in time in extra quality in Tadic and Blind and keeping one more season their talents likeiyech and Neres and rejecting a 40m offer and hope for a succesful result like today.

Yeah that's a very good point. All the sport journos are losing their mind right now about the amazing Ajax philosophy and superior Ajax ways. But it's the same Ajax that has spent better part of last 20 years sucking absolute ***. They have a decent record of developing young talents, but it's not as if they consistently produce entire teams of world class talent.

Was the same nonsense with La Masia, Barca DNA and all that rubbish. Turns out they just stumbled upon one great generation of Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets, but the next generation is nothing special. They had to go to old Barca ways of buying superstars for massive fees and nobody talks about the great La Masia anymore.

Yeah that's a very good point. All the sport journos are losing their mind right now about the amazing Ajax philosophy and superior Ajax ways. But it's the same Ajax that has spent better part of last 20 years sucking absolute ***. They have a decent record of developing young talents, but it's not as if they consistently produce entire teams of world class talent.

Was the same nonsense with La Masia, Barca DNA and all that rubbish. Turns out they just stumbled upon one great generation of Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets, but the next generation is nothing special. They had to go to old Barca ways of buying superstars for massive fees and nobody talks about the great La Masia anymore.

I think you are absolutely correct about La Masia, but i disagree about Ajax. Between their youth academy and cheap signings in this century they had Vertoghen, Alderweireld, Vermaelen, Blind, Maxwell, Nigel De Jong, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Erikssen, Luis Suárez, Ibra, Davinson Sánchez, De Ligt, De Jong, Justin Kluivert, Chivu, Cillessen, Poulsen. It's way more quality players coming through their ranks than most european clubs can claim.

And in the 80's and 90's they put out legends like Bergkamp, Van Basten, De Boer brothers, Rikjaard, Davids, Kluivert, Van der Sar, Seedorf.

It's hard for them to keep these players all at once because they are not a rich club.

That's not what i meant, tho. No club was willing to make an offer for them last transfer windows. Langley literally said that we turned both of them down.

As for Neres, he has left two big performances against Real Madrid and Juve and now he'll play the semis. That's more than most of our current players have done in Europe.
Loads of Ajax fans on Reddit it other Forums will tell you that teams have been trying to sign him for years. And they have rejected any chance of it. He’s even admitted himself that would of turned down moves, to aid his own career playing first team football at 16 yrs old. Even VDS said Fergie was a huge admirer of him years ago. It’s simply we likely did enquire about him and told no chance by either him or the club.

Exactly. People just assume Ajax is a selling club at the first time of getting a decent offer. They sell when it’s right for them and the player.

Not going to talk about transfers, we all know what's needed. United's biggest issue, and it's not Ole's fault, thought it's most certainly his problem; is United's physical conditioning. They simply aren't fit enough for a high intensity press. Hence the number if injuries immediately after our great run

But where really is the spine or backbone of this team? No leaders and no real desire either. De Gea prime example, just strolling out hugging all his Spanish teammates in Barca team, then makes a clanger in first half which costs us the game. Maybe you can forgive all that, but then start of the second half as they are walking out he's just nonchalantly having a laugh and a joke with Jordi Alba. Show some ****** professionalism and at least do that after the game. Pretend like you care.

This is practically the same defence that got knocked out by Basel back in 2013 or whenever it was. We haven't moved on at all, nor are we going to because we've just given contracts to the same ****** clowns.

And what on earth has happened to our attack lately? Creating one or two chances a game if we're lucky and then doing naff all for the rest of the game. Yeah Rashford runs around and puts in the work-rate but how many more times will he miss easy chances that he should bury.

5 defeats in 7 games and you know the most depressing thing, Watford and West Ham was just as bad which we could easily have lost. Season practically over if we don't beat Everton.

Nicky **** arrested under suspicion of domestic violence, apparently. Not a good week for you folks.

Back