The Manchester United Thread

Still find it unforgivable how we didn't wait until end of season before making the appointment and it just shows how we don't really have a clue what we're doing. We didn't account for what the reaction would be when we went through a difficult period under Solskjaer and now we have after giving him the contract. Which is 5 defeats in 7 matches and that record could have been worse.

This is one of the biggest jobs in football, sentimentality aside I just don't see how this can work out but hope I'm wrong. Sunday is a massive game.

It's literally been explained about 5 times. If you still can't fathom this, then respectfully you're either being stupid or willfully obtuse

It's almost like they couldn't get Pochettino. At this stage, I'm beginning to think people are idiots

Also zz, I think you just like to complain. You've both complained about Lukaku being here and us not playing him. You moaned about blind when he was here, now you moan that we sold him. You moan that we need to he in a position to get transfers early, then you moan than we've announced a manager so we can do that.

The **** do you want?

Also zz, I think you just like to complain. You've both complained about Lukaku being here and us not playing him. You moaned about blind when he was here, now you moan that we sold him. You moan that we need to he in a position to get transfers early, then you moan than we've announced a manager so we can do that.

The **** do you want?

I rated Blind more than most here tbh, he's far better than Jones and is more consistent arguably than Smalling when you factor in his injuries/fitness etc.

Not buying this whole "Oh we had to appoint him now to sort out our transfers for the summer".

The club said when they sacked Jose they would be appointeing a DoF and would do a thorough recruitment process to find our next manager. No decision will be made until the end of the season. Well they've already gone back on that so how can we believe anything else. Still no DoF so it doesn't matter what happens now because Woodward will be the one guiding us again through this 'massive rebuild' supposedly this summer. No one else above Solskjaer knows anything about football as Mourinho said. Any appointment of DoF in time for this summer is too late now anyway.

Yeah I've complained about Lukaku, who hasn't at times? He is not a United striker for me and Ole thinks the same hence why he doesn't use him in his preferred 11.

But one thing I can't take is players like Martial and Lingard at the moment who are showing no passion and doing naff all on the pitch really. Lukaku at least puts in the work-rate and he is more clinical than Rashford, though that's not saying much lately.

It's a catch 22 really with Lukaku and Rashford, they both have flaws and I think neither are ready to be a United striker that will take us back to where we want to be. We're treating Rashford like he is M'Bappe, running him into the ground and the reality is he isn't as good as we think. Even though I think he fits Ole's system better.

Last edited:
I rated Blind more than most here tbh, he's far better than Jones and is more consistent arguably than Smalling when you factor in his injuries/fitness etc.

Not buying this whole "Oh we had to appoint him now to sort out our transfers for the summer".

The club said when they sacked Jose they would be appointeing a DoF and would do a thorough recruitment process to find our next manager. No decision will be made until the end of the season. Well they've already gone back on that so how can we believe anything else. Still no DoF so it doesn't matter what happens now because Woodward will be the one guiding us again through this 'massive rebuild' supposedly this summer. No one else above Solskjaer knows anything about football as Mourinho said. Any appointment of DoF in time for this summer is too late now anyway.

Yeah I've complained about Lukaku, who hasn't at times? He is not a United striker for me and Ole thinks the same hence why he doesn't use him in his preferred 11.

But one thing I can't take is players like Martial and Lingard at the moment who are showing no passion and doing naff all on the pitch really. Lukaku at least puts in the work-rate and he is more clinical than Rashford, though that's not saying much lately.

It's a catch 22 really with Lukaku and Rashford, they both have flaws and I think neither are ready to be a United striker that will take us back to where we want to be. We're treating Rashford like he is M'Bappe, running him into the ground and the reality is he isn't as good as we think. Even though I think he fits Ole's system better.

The squad is knackered. Solskjaer said this last month their conditioning hasn't been good enough (you csn blame Jose for that) as a result we've has injuries and we can't press, which means we had to be more defensive, which means we create far less chances. Being clinical isn't the issue for either players. The number of chances we're creating for them is.

They had to change tact on dor because the prime target was Paul Mitchell, but Pochettino isn't coming. They are trying to prise van der sar from Ajax. Which takes time.

Honestly, If people just took a moment and a breath sometimes, rather than yell

With all due respect, we have as much reason to believe the club just got ahead of themselves, as per usual post-Fergie, and just appointed Ole on merit & external factors (e.g. adored by squad & fans, supposedly presented a decent plan, Poch & his team would’ve costed a fair bit, and we can’t have the glazers doubling/trebling Mourinho’a pay off for his replacement now, can we? etc etc.) than we do a simple, acceptance of “**** it we, obviously couldn’t get Poch, I trust Woody/Glazers. Ole’s at the wheel” - if not more reason.

I don’t think that makes us idiots..

With all due respect, we have as much reason to believe the club just got ahead of themselves, as per usual post-Fergie, and just appointed Ole on merit & external factors (e.g. adored by squad & fans, supposedly presented a decent plan, Poch & his team would’ve costed a fair bit, and we can’t have the glazers doubling/trebling Mourinho’a pay off for his replacement now, can we? etc etc.) than we do a simple, acceptance of “**** it we, obviously couldn’t get Poch, I trust Woody/Glazers. Ole’s at the wheel” - if not more reason.

I don’t think that makes us idiots..

And yet they continued to maintain they were after Pochettino right up until just before Ole was announced.

Money was never the issue with Pochettino. Him wanting to leave was

And yet they continued to maintain they were after Pochettino right up until just before Ole was announced.

Yep he made it more to than clear he never wanted to leave said no in numerous interviews and said he wanted to stay at Spurs for the near future.

We tried it didn’t happen and gave it to Ole on merit what he has achieved so far. Not some fantasy he’s a fan fave blah blah rubbish.

Yep he made it more to than clear he never wanted to leave said no in numerous interviews and said he wanted to stay at Spurs for the near future.

We tried it didn’t happen and gave it to Ole on merit what he has achieved so far. Not some fantasy he’s a fan fave blah blah rubbish.

I saw numerous Poch interviews around the José sacking time/and after that was very open to interpretation. Basically bashed the resources/expectations, wouldn’t comment on United rumours, etc. With some very suspect body language.

And if it comes out that thats the case, because everything gets out eventually, I’ll hold my hands up. Until then, I wouldn’t be so confident that the board didn’t take a “ah, Ole deserves it. Besides, Poch & his team would cost an arm and leg” approach after the PSG high.

https://talksport.com/football/520080/mauricio-pochettino-unable-give-assurances-tottenham-future/

"It’s difficult to say I am now happy and sure I will be here next season. If I said that and something wrong happened and I’m not here then you say, ‘Oh Pochettino said he will be here and now he’s not here"

Say Whaaaaat?

And if it comes out that thats the case, because everything gets out eventually, I’ll hold my hands up. Until then, I wouldn’t be so confident that the board didn’t take a “ah, Ole deserves it. Besides, Poch & his team would cost an arm and leg” approach after the PSG high.

Did you even read my post at all? It was literally nothing to do with Ole deserves it or Poch would be expensive.

Forget Poch, he was maybe just a smokescreen, could they have really been after Zidane, but he was putting them off in the hope the Real job came available. Think on it Zidane was announced as Real's boss (for the second time) on 11 March after they had crashed out of the Champions League. Then one week later Solskjaer is named as the perm boss of Man Utd after they beat PSG. Coincidence maybe/maybe not but we may never know for sure....

Forget Poch, he was maybe just a smokescreen, could they have really been after Zidane, but he was putting them off in the hope the Real job came available. Think on it Zidane was announced as Real's boss (for the second time) on 11 March after they had crashed out of the Champions League. Then one week later Solskjaer is named as the perm boss of Man Utd after they beat PSG. Coincidence maybe/maybe not but we may never know for sure....

I think we have a winner.

Back