The Manchester United Thread

Nicky **** arrested under suspicion of domestic violence, apparently. Not a good week for you folks.

When it rains it pours. Innocent till proven guilty, but if he's done it I want him gone from the club.

4 of the back 5 last night played when we were knocked out of the group stage by Basel 8 years ago.

José done a good job at improving squad quality/binning mediocrity, but there’s still players yet to go.

Jose wasn't ruthless enough with selling mediocre players imo. The guy still kept fellaini, Jones, Smalling, young, rojo etc. Now, IDK if that's down to Ed Woodward but if so, the first transfer we need is a DOF.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Tbf....Rojo is gone as is Valencia and Darmian. Young has his Gary Neville vs Stoke moment. So we have to get a right back. The rest will make decent squad player. And then we bring in quality on top.

When it rains it pours. Innocent till proven guilty, but if he's done it I want him gone from the club.

Yeah hopefully it's just some misunderstanding. I've read that lady involved (wife I'm guessing?) had a small cut on her hand and that's it, so I'm not sure how much violence could have happened.

Zz on top form this morning lol :)
While sometimes, he maybe over the top pessimistic, his concerns here are valid. Our attack has definitely stuttered over the past month or so.

The attack that was creating chances at will during that unbeaten run now struggles to create more than 1 chance a game. That is worrying. I'm not particularly worried that Rashford misses easy chances (this happens with every striker) but I'm more worried that he doesn't get enough chances created for him despite the fact that he's constantly making those runs. His misses are only highlighted because we don't create a lot. Ole has got to take some responsibility for that imo. This side has got enough creativity to score a lot of goals. He may have restricted the side's attacking impetus for more defensive solidarity (I've noticed this since the Southampton game).

Our problem as Mike pointed out is fitness. Start most games bright spawning great chances then slow right down. We know why this has happened. Different style of play and hampered by huge injuries. Get the fitness and the squad sorted in the summer and worry no more.

Jose wasn't ruthless enough with selling mediocre players imo. The guy still kept fellaini, Jones, Smalling, young, rojo etc. Now, IDK if that's down to Ed Woodward but if so, the first transfer we need is a DOF.

Think Jose wanted replacements before he let people go.

The fault is entirely on Woodward for hiring Jose in a first place, instead of finding someone who can build on LVG's work. If it was Guardiola coming into a team who could already relentlessly press and keep the ball for 90 minutes, he would be winning title in his first season.

The fault is entirely on Woodward for hiring Jose in a first place, instead of finding someone who can build on LVG's work. If it was Guardiola coming into a team who could already relentlessly press and keep the ball for 90 minutes, he would be winning title in his first season.
Thats the only thing I blame Ed for and that’s what’s happened with the managers at the club since Fergie. From Fergie to Moyes to LVG to Mourinho. What do people expect us to be like as a squad and expect our style to be.

While sometimes, he maybe over the top pessimistic, his concerns here are valid. Our attack has definitely stuttered over the past month or so.

The attack that was creating chances at will during that unbeaten run now struggles to create more than 1 chance a game. That is worrying. I'm not particularly worried that Rashford misses easy chances (this happens with every striker) but I'm more worried that he doesn't get enough chances created for him despite the fact that he's constantly making those runs. His misses are only highlighted because we don't create a lot. Ole has got to take some responsibility for that imo. This side has got enough creativity to score a lot of goals. He may have restricted the side's attacking impetus for more defensive solidarity (I've noticed this since the Southampton game).

Our fitness dropped at this point, as well as a number if injuries. He's had to get more defensive as a result. And as a result attack has suffered. Ultimately, we need to be a much fitter side

Utd women’s vs Villa tonight

7 months later we're back facing the team who we started our League season against. We beat them 12-0 then. We've scored a lot of goals since, but that remains our biggest win.

Villa have improved since then and are comfortably mid-table now. They've toughened up at the back as well and drew home and away with Durham. Those are good results because Durham are the only team that have taken points off us this season (they got a win and a draw against us in the League) so Villa aren't quite the pushover that opening day scoreline suggests.

United need two wins from the last four games to guarantee top spot, but a win against Villa guarantees promotion (actually, given our GD, realistically even a draw will do that) - so it could be that Villa will give us another memorable result, one way or another.

#MUWomen team to play Aston Villa (kick-off 19:00 BST): Chamberlain, Galton, A. Turner, M. Turner, Smith, Harris, Greenwood (c), Green, Arnot, Sigsworth, Toone.

Substitutes: Ramsey, Palmer, Devlin, Hanson.

Get in 1-0 Utd. Greenwood drills in a corner and is met by Mille Turner with a bullet header past the keeper. 5 mins gone.

17 gone. Since the goal Sigsworth has Been carded after handbags with the Villa keeper. And we have had 4/5 really good chances to make it 2-0.

Great crowd!

Greenwood makes it 2-0 from the spot after Lizzie Arnot gets brought down by thecon rushing keeper.

3-0 after 35 mins. Great ball through from Green in CM to Sigsworth who turns the CB well with her strength. Then slots home nicely one on one with the keeper.

3-0 HT really good half. Dominated and created loads. Villa had a few decent moments on the break but failed to really create.

Great opening 5 mins of the second half. Great play by Arnott on the right who crosses the ball for Ella Toone who hits it on the half volley to make it 4-0. Then mins later a clearence from Turner is chased down by Sigsworth who tries to lob the on rushing keeper. Who clearly handballs it outside the box to stop a goal and is shown a straight red.

60 mins gone Utds first sub Galton off for birthday girl 21yr old Kirsty Hanson. Phil Neville sat with Woodward and a load of the academy players and coaches.

Mollie Green off for Amy Palmer. Oh yeah Villa have a CB in goal as they had no GK on the bench due to injuries.

74 mins gone. 5-0 Charlie Devlin who just came on for Sigsworth receives the ball in the box. Sits down 2 defenders with some great skill then places it past the keeper.

FT 5-0 great performance. Promotion secure with 3 games left. 1 more win will see us champions. + 80 gd in 17 matches lol.

Last edited:
I just want Poch :( This guy’s guiding his team, on those resources/net spend, to the verge of a CL final, with ****** Llorente featuring up top.

I love Ole, but you’d be lying to yourself if you wouldn’t swap them.

I just want Poch :( This guy’s guiding his team, on those resources/net spend, to the verge of a CL final, with ****** Llorente featuring up top.

I love Ole, but you’d be lying to yourself if you wouldn’t swap them.

Honestly mate, Pochetino with a big budget behind him at Utd we'd have been seriously worried.

Solksjaer with a big budget behind him, you don't even factor into our thoughts as a challenger the next two or three years. Just the way your major rivals are viewing you FWIW. Pretty much the same way as you did ourselves for much of the PL era when we were making the same mistakes Utd now continue to make. And if Woodward appoints a 'yes man' from within as DoF that says it all about his power over the Glaziers.

One of the biggest mistakes Utd have made of the many in recent years IMHO. We made the same with Kenny. zz gets a ridiculous amount of stick in these here pages but he's bang on with his fears now the initial manager bounce has passed.

*Edit* How was Barca BTW? The match aside. If there's one place to be to forget the football it's a brilliant City like Barcelona. Can't fail to not have a great trip there.

Last edited:
We are going to regret not going all out for Poch. This summer is/was the best opportunity to snag him from spurs and we chose a sentimental appointment instead that may not work out.

We are going to regret not going all out for Poch. This summer is/was the best opportunity to snag him from spurs and we chose a sentimental appointment instead that may not work out.

Um, you do realize we would have tried, right? Even till the end, Poch was one of the people we were rumoured to have been looking at. It's also possible that he wouldn't have been interested (with Spurs' new stadium) or wanting to move to RM/PSG (rumours - although RM is gone now).

Um, you do realize we would have tried, right? Even till the end, Poch was one of the people we were rumoured to have been looking at. It's also possible that he wouldn't have been interested (with Spurs' new stadium) or wanting to move to RM/PSG (rumours - although RM is gone now).
Exactly. It’s been well reported he was a top choice and no doubt enquiries would of been made with him. If anything this was the worse chance we had not the best. They have new stadium, he has a fat new contract signed, and been promised funds in the Summer.

Even if he did which he obviously didn’t want to come. You can bet your *** Levy would of dragged talks out as long s possible plus the fact of the reported 40-50m it would of took to get him here.

Last edited:
Still find it unforgivable how we didn't wait until end of season before making the appointment and it just shows how we don't really have a clue what we're doing. We didn't account for what the reaction would be when we went through a difficult period under Solskjaer and now we have after giving him the contract. Which is 5 defeats in 7 matches and that record could have been worse.

This is one of the biggest jobs in football, sentimentality aside I just don't see how this can work out but hope I'm wrong. Sunday is a massive game.

Back