The Manchester United Thread

some on here need to stop acting like ******* asclowns solskjaer is the man get over it if it works then alls good but we will not know till he gets a full season and the players he wants like any of you could do better at least give him a chance but not zz he will meltdown at any thing

Exactly it doesn't matter about if's, buts or maybe's Ole has the job.

Lol. Conspiracy theories rule.

I honestly didn't give this appointment any thought before now. But when Ole was appointed the first thing that came to my mind is that timing of the announcement is really odd.

I rated Blind more than most here tbh, he's far better than Jones and is more consistent arguably than Smalling when you factor in his injuries/fitness etc.

Not buying this whole "Oh we had to appoint him now to sort out our transfers for the summer".

The club said when they sacked Jose they would be appointeing a DoF and would do a thorough recruitment process to find our next manager. No decision will be made until the end of the season. Well they've already gone back on that so how can we believe anything else. Still no DoF so it doesn't matter what happens now because Woodward will be the one guiding us again through this 'massive rebuild' supposedly this summer. No one else above Solskjaer knows anything about football as Mourinho said. Any appointment of DoF in time for this summer is too late now anyway.

Yeah I've complained about Lukaku, who hasn't at times? He is not a United striker for me and Ole thinks the same hence why he doesn't use him in his preferred 11.

But one thing I can't take is players like Martial and Lingard at the moment who are showing no passion and doing naff all on the pitch really. Lukaku at least puts in the work-rate and he is more clinical than Rashford, though that's not saying much lately.

It's a catch 22 really with Lukaku and Rashford, they both have flaws and I think neither are ready to be a United striker that will take us back to where we want to be. We're treating Rashford like he is M'Bappe, running him into the ground and the reality is he isn't as good as we think. Even though I think he fits Ole's system better.

agree on martial,shows no passion in my eyes and simply doesnt perform.Far too static and tries the same old thing time after time.really hoped he would turn it around but i wouldnt put much faith him.

I know most disagree with me on here, but I still think we should give Martial a sustained run at CF. As touched on above, his games a little too one-dimensional and predictable out wide these days, and he doesn’t take on players near as much as the LvG days. Receive, run promisingly, halt, turn, pass it backwards - rinse & repeat.

He’s the best finisher, the best at linking/combining, and has scored a fair few “cf goals”. He could be a better mover, but surely it’s worth a gamble. If Klopp can play Mane CF, Poch with Son, heck even Aurny is a full time CF these days, then surely Martial’s skillset & ability can be *properly* tried there. He’s as much/more a striker than all of those named. Can’t be any worse than Rashford lately.

I know most disagree with me on here, but I still think we should give Martial a sustained run at CF. As touched on above, his games a little too one-dimensional and predictable out wide these days, and he doesn’t take on players near as much as the LvG days. Receive, run promisingly, halt, turn, pass it backwards - rinse & repeat.

He’s the best finisher, the best at linking/combining, and has scored a fair few “cf goals”. He could be a better mover, but surely it’s worth a gamble. If Klopp can play Mane CF, Poch with Son, heck even Aurny is a full time CF these days, then surely Martial’s skillset & ability can be *properly* tried there. He’s as much/more a striker than all of those named. Can’t be any worse than Rashford lately.

you are right he is a good finisher but guven that ole hasnt played him there suggests it wont happen anytime soon.We need a clinical striker in the van nistelrooy mould whether that be this summer or next given that there are other areas of higher priority

Martial hasn't got anywhere near the movement yo play centre forward, unlike Rashford. Even Solskjaer has commented on that. Once he masters that, then we csn try him out.

I honestly didn't give this appointment any thought before now. But when Ole was appointed the first thing that came to my mind is that timing of the announcement is really odd.
It only occurred to me after reading the Poch nonsense to be fair.

We don't need a clinical striker. The conversion rates for both Lukaku and Rashford are actually pretty good. The issue is they don't take many shots per game, because we're playing defensively, because we're too unfit and too sloppy at the back to play the relentless press that Ole had at the very start. And certain players are unsuited for that.

you're either being stupid or willfully obtuse

I spotted that and mentioned it ages ago.
The guy just adopted a forum persona and feeds off it now.
Certainly not the first or last person to do it.

I spotted that and mentioned it ages ago.
The guy just adopted a forum persona and feeds off it now.
Certainly not the first or last person to do it.

You make it sound like I've been here 5 mins, I'm one of the longest members on FM Base, so no it's not a persona or an act. It's just how I am, if I'm not happy with something I'll say it regardless. That is the point of a forum after all, to get all different opinion?

People are so sensitive on here when you say something bad, the reality is we are a mess and it has been mostly all of our own doing. Sticking with players who haven't been good enough for years and then we wonder why we are outclassed by teams who have actually been improving for years.

You make it sound like I've been here 5 mins, I'm one of the longest members on FM Base, so no it's not a persona or an act. It's just how I am, if I'm not happy with something I'll say it regardless. That is the point of a forum after all, to get all different opinion?

People are so sensitive on here when you say something bad, the reality is we are a mess and it has been mostly all of our own doing. Sticking with players who haven't been good enough for years and then we wonder why we are outclassed by teams who have actually been improving for years.

You're literally the most sensitive person here. You have no concept of perspective. Which would be fine if you did't endlessly spam the forum with it.

And yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but repeating the same ***** when the reasons why something has happened have been explained several times is severely stupid.

Again which players should we be getting rid off, that are not squad players and are not already on their way out?

giphy.gif

Honestly mate, Pochetino with a big budget behind him at Utd we'd have been seriously worried.

Solksjaer with a big budget behind him, you don't even factor into our thoughts as a challenger the next two or three years. Just the way your major rivals are viewing you FWIW. Pretty much the same way as you did ourselves for much of the PL era when we were making the same mistakes Utd now continue to make. And if Woodward appoints a 'yes man' from within as DoF that says it all about his power over the Glaziers.

One of the biggest mistakes Utd have made of the many in recent years IMHO. We made the same with Kenny. zz gets a ridiculous amount of stick in these here pages but he's bang on with his fears now the initial manager bounce has passed.

*Edit* How was Barca BTW? The match aside. If there's one place to be to forget the football it's a brilliant City like Barcelona. Can't fail to not have a great trip there.
Tbh Kenny could get us relegated and I would still cheer the man on. I know they say no one is bigger than the club but what Kenny has done for LFC makes me feel different about that.

Last edited:

You can't play uptop if you movement is terrible. All the players you've mentioned have world Class movement heck Mane isnt even the best finisher but by god his linkup play and getting in behind is outstanding. Martial sure granted is very composed in front of goal but every time I watch him his movement of the ball is terrible. He needs to improve that area of his game drastically if he wants to enter the upper echelon of wide forwards/ CF otherwise he will just stay a decent/good player.

Back