The Manchester United Thread

Tbh Kenny could get us relegated and I would still cheer the man on. I know they say no one is bigger than the club but what Kenny has done for LFC makes me feel different about that.

Oh God yeah. Goes without saying.

Which is also the exact reason and another glaring example why you don't give a club legend a part-time gig for 5/6 months and box yourself in when momentum rolls at the expense of what you really wanted.

Solskjaer gives team news
The squad is looking good and getting better and better, I have to say. Ander is back in training - he’s been working really hard to be available . Eric (Bailly) will be back in training over the weekend, Antonio (Valencia) we're not sure about yet.

“We'll have 20 training this morning, plus the keepers, which is not bad. Nemanja (Matic) and Alexis (Sanchez) had a good session yesterday as well, so they will probably be involved.

The Everton game
Having had the disappointment does it help there’s so much riding on these next games?

Great to have a game to look forward to, we spoke about it, forget about this, we’re out, we wanna be here again and to be back at these stadiums we need to be in top four, fantastic week, players in a good state mentally and they’re strong mentally and at Goodison it’s gonna be a hard game.

Last edited:
Solskjaer on transfers
I don’t know if all these critics know what’s happening, we’ve got scouts scouring the planet for good footballers and we’ll sign players we think are the right fit, personality wise, price wise, quality wise and can you have longevity at this club and I’m very confident we’ll get the players we are targeting.

Solskjaer not holding back at his press conference this morning. Said there is "no hiding place" at United and that some of his players "need a reality check" about their level.

So with regards to the Martial comments, he's got this non-chalant attitude about him but that's how he's always been right from the LVG days. I liken him to berbatov in terms of how both players always look too "relaxed" on the pitch. That's really how he is. I don't think we should jump to conclusions and say Martial isn't arsed.

As for the prospect of playing him up top, Martial is someone who loves to get on the ball. Off the ball, he isn't a willing runner like Rashford. I mean, Rashford is constantly making runs every match and is barely supplied good balls to reward his runs in behind. Martial makes 3-4 runs without getting rewarded and he'd just remain static.

That being said, Martial is better on the ball but Rashford is better off the ball therefore it makes sense to place Martial in a position where he receives the ball to feet more. He def needs to work on his crosses tho.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

So with regards to the Martial comments, he's got this non-chalant attitude about him but that's how he's always been right from the LVG days. I liken him to berbatov in terms of how both players always look too "relaxed" on the pitch. That's really how he is. I don't think we should jump to conclusions and say Martial isn't arsed.

As for the prospect of playing him up top, Martial is someone who loves to get on the ball. Off the ball, he isn't a willing runner like Rashford. I mean, Rashford is constantly making runs every match and is barely supplied good balls to reward his runs in behind. Martial makes 3-4 runs without getting rewarded and he'd just remain static.

That being said, Martial is better on the ball but Rashford is better off the ball therefore it makes sense to place Martial in a position where he receives the ball to feet more. He def needs to work on his crosses tho.

Exactly, and for that, it means he is much better off staying as a wide forward with Rashford centre forward

How did you manage to get an infraction around here anyway. I pick fights with everybody and I have no points since 2012.

I feel left out.
I once picked up an infraction for saying "lol" so you could try that.

How did you manage to get an infraction around here anyway. I pick fights with everybody and I have no points since 2012.

I feel left out.

Pretty much the same. Last 3 infractions all were "joke". FM Base has gotten soft.

Ducker saying Herrera, Mata, Darmian, Rojo, Valencia will all leave and the club want rid of Alexis and will listen to good offers for Bailly and Lukaku. That’s some ruthless **** right there. Would not let Lukaku go this Summer though. Read that Ole been really impressed with Burkart and will likely go on tour in the Summer.

same would not let lukaku go but if some1 makes a good offer i take it and only way we get rid of alexis is if we pay most of his wage

If a club offers 80+ mill for Lukaku, I'd take it in a heart beat

If we're letting Lukaku go, ideally need to be looking at someone like Dybala in return. Likes to drop deep, good link up play and a good finisher. Plus, he maybe available, due to being sidelined at Juve. Can play alone up-top or in the 10 role. Will also cover for Mata being gone, mind.

And also, I highly doubt we will be able to get rid of Sanchez and his wages.

If we're letting Lukaku go, ideally need to be looking at someone like Dybala in return. Likes to drop deep, good link up play and a good finisher. Plus, he maybe available, due to being sidelined at Juve. Can play alone up-top or in the 10 role. Will also cover for Mata being gone, mind.

And also, I highly doubt we will be able to get rid of Sanchez and his wages.
Dont think Dybala suits the style Ole wants in a STR or a winger. Rather give him a miss.

If a club offers 80+ mill for Lukaku, I'd take it in a heart beat

Chelsea has transfer ban...
Cant see any top team that would want him for that money. Maybe Bayern if Lewa goes if they dont have some contract expired striker already lined up.

You've got no chance of getting anywhere close to £80m for Lukaku! He is a good but limited striker that in reality doesn't fit Ole's system hence why he always prefers Rashford usually in his preferred 11. I'd absolutely love Werner more than anyone, but probably going to Bayern like anyone else in Bundesliga does.

100% Lukaku should go if he isn't happy with being rotation at best next season and even still, he doesn't have the game to truly succeed long-term for us. Can't believe how many chances he bottles in big games as well, although Rashford is as bad when it comes to that! Rashford far better on the ball though and with his first touch especially.

We can get someone better for us than Lukaku for us, saying it for months. Made up if Solskjaer sees the same way, just goes to show that your so called 'meltdown ZZ' was right all along. ;)

You've got no chance of getting anywhere close to £80m for Lukaku! He is a good but limited striker that in reality doesn't fit Ole's system hence why he always prefers Rashford usually in his preferred 11. I'd absolutely love Werner more than anyone, but probably going to Bayern like anyone else in Bundesliga does.

100% Lukaku should go if he isn't happy with being rotation at best next season and even still, he doesn't have the game to truly succeed long-term for us. Can't believe how many chances he bottles in big games as well, although Rashford is as bad when it comes to that! Rashford far better on the ball though and with his first touch especially.

We can get someone better for us than Lukaku for us, saying it for months. Made up if Solskjaer sees the same way, just goes to show that your so called 'meltdown ZZ' was right all along. ;)

We can't get someone better if we only get half his ******* value you idiot. Which is why the club are rightly looking to get at least parity back.

Only way it's even remotely worth letting him go is for the same value or more than we bought so we csn actually upgrade on him.

Back