The Manchester United Thread

We can't get someone better if we only get half his ******* value you idiot. Which is why the club are rightly looking to get at least parity back.

Wow calm down, why do you get so defensive over Lukaku and other players like mata? Just accept that they aren't really right for where we are trying to get to now and move on.

I didn't say anything about half his value, I just said that you won't get anywhere close to £80m for him. Which is perfectly true, no elite club will be after him either, it will be a team like Inter I reckon and you might get £40m-50m at a push.

Wow calm down, why do you get so defensive over Lukaku and other players like mata? Just accept that they aren't really right for where we are trying to get to now and move on.

I didn't say anything about half his value, I just said that you won't get anywhere close to £80m for him. Which is perfectly true, no elite club will be after him either, it will be a team like Inter I reckon and you might get £40m-50m at a push.

It's not being defensive, it's just not being a complete moron, and realising it takes money to replace players. We need at least 3 players before we even think about replacing Mata and Lukaku. Mata goes on a free so no money there, which means you can't ******* settle for 50m if you actually wanted to upgrade on Lukaku. Ffs

I get angry at the sheer stupidity of chucking players out with no idea on how to replace them. That's what it is.

It's not like Werner and Icardi and others are probably on the marker this summer.... I think Werner would fit Ole perfectly if he doesn't go to Bayern I don't really know what the latest on him is because there will be good options available this summer. I highly doubt you need £80m to sign his replacement unless you're going for someone who we have little chance of getting.... Dybala or whoever.

Dont think Dybala suits the style Ole wants in a STR or a winger. Rather give him a miss.

Isn't he perfect for it? He plays similar to a False 9 role, can shift play, moves out wide, makes runs from deep, and has a good finish on him. It is very similar to what Ole is getting Rashford to do, only a lot more polished.

If you'd said Dybala was not suited to be a Mourinho striker, yeah, that'd be true, hands down. For Ole, he is a perfect fit.

Plus, can ignore his record this season due to his position being changed to accommodate Ronaldo in the team.

It's not like Werner and Icardi and others are probably on the marker this summer.... I think Werner would fit Ole perfectly if he doesn't go to Bayern I don't really know what the latest on him is because there will be good options available this summer. I highly doubt you need £80m to sign his replacement unless you're going for someone who we have little chance of getting.... Dybala or whoever.

I think all three will be on the market - Icardi due to his situation at Inter. Werner, because his club president confirmed he is not signing a new contract. Dybala, most likely because he is no longer the first name on the teamsheet. If Ronaldo stays, Dybala may look to move. Plus, the fact that they apparently got Joao Felix to cover his role.

Sigh. But before we dream of that, we need around 2 CMs, a RW and a RB/LB (whichever FB we get). Then need to think about an upgrade on a Striker. Sigh. If this was FM (or FIFA), I'd straight out be looking at a Lukaku + Cash for Dybala deal (if we had money left over). But that's not going to happen//

Werner is almost definitely going to Bayern
If you think Lukaku doesn't fit us, then lol at even thinking about Icardi, who brings massive baggage with him too, as well as his agent/wife who brings her own strife
Which others are on the market? And how much?

Because right now if all those players are going we need 2 centre mids, a full back, probably right, a right winger, and a striker. How much do you think that's going to cost?

Oh yeah, and a centre back.

I think all three will be on the market - Icardi due to his situation at Inter. Werner, because his club president confirmed he is not signing a new contract. Dybala, most likely because he is no longer the first name on the teamsheet. If Ronaldo stays, Dybala may look to move. Plus, the fact that they apparently got Joao Felix to cover his role.

Sigh. But before we dream of that, we need around 2 CMs, a RW and a RB/LB (whichever FB we get). Then need to think about an upgrade on a Striker. Sigh. If this was FM (or FIFA), I'd straight out be looking at a Lukaku + Cash for Dybala deal (if we had money left over). But that's not going to happen//

Yeah I know they are on the market this summer, that was basically my sarcastic point and why we can't replace Lukaku this summer when there are good options available!

This is a big window and a lot of work needed, I doubt we'll get much of it achieved but hope I'm wrong. We need that director of Football to be in place and have time to sort this mess out sadly!

Striker isn't a priority but I do think it's an issue for us. But like you say we do have other priorities for sure.

Yeah I know they are on the market this summer, that was basically my sarcastic point and why we can't replace Lukaku this summer when there are good options available!

This is a big window and a lot of work needed, I doubt we'll get much of it achieved but hope I'm wrong. We need that director of Football to be in place and have time to sort this mess out sadly!

Striker isn't a priority but I do think it's an issue for us. But like you say we do have other priorities for sure.

Again, how do you finance all that?

And of course we won't get it all done. It's almost financially impossible. And that would be the case with a director of football in place.

Yeah there’s no chance of doing a complete fix in one Summer DOF or not. Sort out the gaping holes first FB, RW, CM, CB and shift out some deadwood then supplement with the odd youth promotion. Have a good pre season build next year then take stock the following summer and polish the final touches to have a real charge the season after.

#MUWomen team to play Crystal Palace (kick-off 12:00 BST): Chamberlain, Harris, Palmer, M. Turner, Greenwood (c), Zelem, Toone, Galton, Arnot, Sigsworth, James.

Substitutes: A.Turner, Green, Ramsey, Hanson, Devlin, Smith.

Come on you Reds
(6)

Cant understand the phenomen of Dybala. I dont watch Serie A, but almost every CL game the past season i have tried to see from Juve. He does not seem to be that game changing world class player. Or it is just those big games and he plays very good in Italy and against lower teams. Some flashy plays from Cl also but that it it.
This kind of calibre guy that people make him, should not lose starting positsion so easy.

Maybe I am wrong, but could see this like another Di Maria situation.

Nah, Dybala as a main striker would create more issues than solutions. If he was used as a main striker, then your wingers/midfielder need to contribute in goals and runs. United don't have that kind of personnel. United need a stiker who can create for himself. Rashford is getting there.

Get in 1-0 Utd. Pressing from the front which leads to James receiving the ball in the box. Beats a couple of players then places it in the far corner. 9 mins gone.

27 mins gone still 1-0. Utd on top but sloppy with the play. Stoney giving them a bit of a dressing down at the water break.

2-0 Utd. Great pass out from CB by Palmer to Toone who slots a love ball in behind to Galton on the wing who’s cross is tapped home by Arnot. 34 mins gone.

James goal https://twitter.com/manutdwomen/status/1119559565803016192?s=21

3-0 Utd now after 36 mins. Utd win the ball back in CM. Ball goes wide to Galton who makes a great dribbling run beating a few players then slams a rocket shot with her left into the corner from a tight angle.

3-0 HT Stoney bollocking at the water break defo worked. Been miles better since. Nearly made it 4-0 with the last kick of the half. Palmer plays a great ball over the top after stopping a Palace attack. Arnot runs on to it and tries a Cantona chip but unfortunately it hits the bar and bounced away. Great effort!

4-0 Utd. James drives at Palace who shot gets blocked away. But Toone hits the rebound and it flicks past the keeper off Sigsworth. Straight from the second half kick off.

Arnot goal https://twitter.com/manutdwomen/status/1119565292139634688?s=21

Galton goal https://twitter.com/manutdwomen/status/1119566361758502912?s=21

first Utd sub Toone off for Mollie Green 53 mins
Second Utd sub after 60 mins Arnot off for Lizzie Arnot
third sub Sigsworth off for Devlin after 68 mins

5-0 Utd great solo effort by James. Beats 3 players then places a lovely finish past the keeper. 83 mins gone

6-0 Utd. Winning the ball back in CM. Hanson receives the ball out wide. Cuts it inside to Devlin who’s chip cross is headed home by James for her hat trick

Lauren James makes it 7-0 on 90 mins. The crowd are giving the team a fantastic standing ovation :)

FT 7-0. Championeeeeees :) what season for this great young NEW team! 88 gls scored only six conceded playing fantastic attacking football. Bring on the super league! Well done ladies :) (6)

Last edited:
U18s playing Derby atm 0-0

Kick off at 12pm
D4lwY9KW4AEMNac.jpg

Since Ole played football manager here's to me hoping for some fm-esque signings like Gedson Fernandez, Fedrico Chiesa, Dayot Upemacano, Josh Tymon, Bruno Fernandez...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Yeah Dybala’s certainly not the answer to our problems. Not a fan of his profile; a “9.5” who can’t doesn’t really excel wide. If we really want his sort of profile, then just sign Griezmann who’s superior.

Nah, Dybala as a main striker would create more issues than solutions. If he was used as a main striker, then your wingers/midfielder need to contribute in goals and runs. United don't have that kind of personnel. United need a stiker who can create for himself. Rashford is getting there.

This is the thing. We need the wingers doing this anyway.

This is the thing. We need the wingers doing this anyway.
They do, I agree. But with Dybala that would be their main job. With proper striker, you dont need to rely on wingers to score as much as they would need with a player like him. Good example is Firmino from Lpool. Lukaku will score goals if you create for him, problem is - United wingers aint creative enough. But its not just wingers fault, its also fullbacks and midfielders as well.

Back