The Manchester United Thread

We haven't kept a clean sheet in our last 11 games, that's absolutely crazy when you think about it. I think fans are still caught up in the Solskjaer bounce a bit, reality is that we haven't recovered still from this bad spell under him and we are no closer to either. Not that all our problems are down to him, but the team isn't functioning well in terms of defence or attack or midfield. When you have all the team being dysfunctional then yeah you're screwed.

Shipping goals in at the back, not creating, not controlling. I still don't know what our setup or approach even is anymore. It seems just sitting deep and trying to execute a counter. But against smaller teams ss well, it's weird.

Last edited:
We haven't kept a clean sheet in our last 11 games, that's absolutely crazy when you think about it. I think fans are still caught up in the Solskjaer bounce a bit, reality is that we haven't recovered still from this bad spell under him and we are no closer to either. Not that all our problems are down to him, but the team isn't functioning well in terms of defence or attack or midfield. When you have all the team being dysfunctional then yeah you're screwed.

Shipping goals in at the back, not creating, not controlling. I still don't know what our setup or approach even is anymore. It seems just sitting deep and trying to execute a counter. But against smaller teams ss well, it's weird.

No one is caught in anything. Why are you moaning about the same thing you moaned about yesterday? When nothing will have changed between then?

We know we're leaky at the back, it's why we want to reinforce defence and midfield. We know we're not controlling, because the team doesn't have the conditioning to counter press

What did you expect to be different between now and yesterday when you wrote pretty much the same thing?

Reports from France saying PSG have grown frustrated with Herrera for delaying signing terms after verbally agreeing a move. This s down to talks still ongoing with Utd and he has changed his wage demands from what he first agreed with PSG. Also other clubs have come in.

Ole: “I like all these boys, I love them but I’ve got to manage the club and I’m managing the club and the players and I’ve got to put all my effort into making sure we do what is RIGHT for the club.” #mufc [MEN]

Pogba: "[In the dressing room after the game vs Everton] the manager speak, the staff speak and they spoke the truth. They said what happened in the game and it is not respectful for ourselves." #mulive [sky]

No one is caught in anything. Why are you moaning about the same thing you moaned about yesterday? When nothing will have changed between then?

We know we're leaky at the back, it's why we want to reinforce defence and midfield. We know we're not controlling, because the team doesn't have the conditioning to counter press

What did you expect to be different between now and yesterday when you wrote pretty much the same thing?

It's not all on the players, I think there is a portion of blame that needs to be on both sides. There is much worse teams on paper than us in this league who are better in attack and/or defence.

It's not all on the players, I think there is a portion of blame that needs to be on both sides. There is much worse teams on paper than us in this league who are better in attack and/or defence.
And how many of those teams have had a new manager with a completely different style of play been in charge a few months?

And how many of those teams have had a new manager with a completely different style of play been in charge a few months?

That doesn't excuse our form though especially recently, our performance against Everton for example was terrible in terms of player performances but the setup/approach was just as bad.

That doesn't excuse our form though especially recently, our performance against Everton for example was terrible in terms of player performances but the setup/approach was just as bad.

He's been forced to change the approach because the players can't to do it. And they aren't even applying it now.

Again your harping on about stuff we know about. He can’t do anything about it. Our players are shot physically after Ole got them to be one of the hardest working teams in his first month or so. Then we had like 10-12 injuries which this new style played a huge factor in causing him to change approach. Our squad is thin with players out of for our injured most of them look like there about 60 yrs old atm. He’s admitted himself he can’t get players on the training pitch because there just isn’t the time. It’s literally play recover play recover.

Yes its it’s frustrating but he needs time. He needs a pre season. He needs new players. He needs to shop out some dross. Things need changing off the field. All right his is going on and will happen in the Summer. Yes results of late haven’t been great. But just look at where we were and where we are and look at his league record since taking over. Only outdone by City and Pool.

Again your harping on about stuff we know about. He can’t do anything about it. Our players are shot physically after Ole got them to be one of the hardest working teams in his first month or so. Then we had like 10-12 injuries which this new style played a huge factor in causing him to change approach. Our squad is thin with players out of for our injured most of them look like there about 60 yrs old atm. He’s admitted himself he can’t get players on the training pitch because there just isn’t the time. It’s literally play recover play recover.

Yes its it’s frustrating but he needs time. He needs a pre season. He needs new players. He needs to shop out some dross. Things need changing off the field. All right his is going on and will happen in the Summer. Yes results of late haven’t been great. But just look at where we were and where we are and look at his league record since taking over. Only outdone by City and Pool.

He will get the time no doubt, but we need to improve starting from tomorrow and I have little hope that we will get a good result.

I know people don't like stats but jeez listen to this one, worse than our clean sheet! "United hase not scored a goal from open play in 8 hours of football".

He will get the time no doubt, but we need to improve starting from tomorrow and I have little hope that we will get a good result.

I know people don't like stats but jeez listen to this one, worse than our clean sheet! "United hase not scored a goal from open play in 8 hours of football".
Yep not good enough! But how many great chances have we fluffed tbf and we have fluffed some right sitters. Not sure we will win tomorrow but I will be surprised if there’s not a reaction and a change up in personnel.

Be great to have Herrera and Shaw back!

Yep not good enough! But how many great chances have we fluffed tbf and we have fluffed some right sitters. Not sure we will win tomorrow but I will be surprised if there’s not a reaction and a change up in personnel.

Be great to have Herrera and Shaw back!

Any sign of Herrera being back?

NEW SCHOLARS:

Owen Dodgson
Charlie Savage *
??????Calen Gallagher-Allison
????????????????????????????????????Zidan Iqbal *
????????????????????????????????????Will Fish *
????????????????????????????????????Charlie Wellens
Alfie Hughes
Iestyn Hughes *
Mipo Odubeko *
Deji Sotona *
Martin Svidersky *
Noam Emeran *
Dermot Mee

Stared ones are the next highly rated ones coming through. Likely to be in the u18s next season as most of them are going up to the 23s. There’s also Shortire but he’s to young for scholarship yet. Also a few new ones that are joining in the summer and some waiting for clearence.

Expect Bernard, Williams, Laird, Levitt, Traore, Puigmal, Galbraith, Ramanzani, Mellor to be permanently promoted to the u23s next season, some are already getting games.

Unlucky to our women’s youth academy on Sunday losing out to Arsenal in the final. Got some very good talent coming through that Stoney will be looking towards in the near future.

Thers a lot of good going on at the club on and off the field at all levels!

being realistic i think most of us would agree that if we come away with anything tomorrow ots a bonus.city are streets ahead arent they although i do think we will be better than sunday although thats not hard

Good lord, sports media in England are just utter trash. A month ago they were all sucking Soljskaer's **** and praising the players for turning the season around.

Couple of bad results, suddenly the same media are rolling out hit-pieces how Ole is a donkey, Jose was misunderstood genius and how entire squad needs to be executed for crimes against football.

It's no wonder both LVG and Mourinho seemingly aged 20 years after 2 seasons of dealing with this ****.

Good lord, sports media in England are just utter trash. A month ago they were all sucking Soljskaer's **** and praising the players for turning the season around.

Couple of bad results, suddenly the same media are rolling out hit-pieces how Ole is a donkey, Jose was misunderstood genius and how entire squad needs to be executed for crimes against football.

It's no wonder both LVG and Mourinho seemingly aged 20 years after 2 seasons of dealing with this ****.

The English media are terrible but to be honest with you I think this vein of form is probably one of the lowest we've had since Fergie. 6 defeats in the last 8 games, no clean sheets in 11 games and no goals scored in open play in the last 8 hours of football.

The board deserve all the stick for this position we're in but I have sympathy for Solskjaer, not so much the players because they keep letting us down.

However when your not scoring and conceding left right and centre.... bound to come in for criticism. It won't change until the results do! Just the nature of football.

Sounds like Ole has already told which players are leaving after watching the embargo part of the presser. Said there is an outside chance Herrera could be fit but definitely will for the weekend same for Bailly.

Back