The Manchester United Thread

pogba in team of the year??anyone else surprised?

I don't know what was more surprising. That and no Son for one.

Or Ederson in nets. How do you not vote in the fella with more CS and fewer goals conceded?

I presume Raheem will bag the young player award or that will be another complete joke.

Noone is looking at Fletcher. We have been beset with rumours ever since we announced are looking for a DoF. So, it's probably just that. Rumours.

The only problem is if the Glazers/Woodward are looking for yes-men. That makes it a problem. Let's hope not. But don't think I want Fletcher. I would be okay with Phelan, but I would be equally happy with someone foreign too. What I don't want is a figurehead appointment, just for the sake of it. That would be a disaster, and all that person would be is a scapegoat.

Anyhow, forget fitness, the players seem to be showing no desire to play on the pitch, too. Especially Pogba, he has largely been invisible on the pitch. He has been more inconsistent over the course of this season than Nani, and that is saying something. Honestly, if doesn't want to play, just flog him off for a good price. Will help with the rebuild, and will remove his nonsense from the dressing room. No point keeping him, and then him being a passenger in the team. He should have been carrying this ****** team.

I get tiredness and conditioning, but I don't get players not giving it their all. And we have seen too much of that in Pogba and MArtial. And sheer ineptitude in recent matches by Lukaku, Matic, Fred. Something has to give, even if it is a swift kick up the ****. It is ridiculous that they are getting away with it, on the surface.

I'm not far off trading Pogba for Neves and Milinkovic-Savic.

Martial needs to get his **** together, so does Lukaku,

Get meunier in. Excellent top pro, good going forwards, solid at the back

Pogba and Hazard frustrate the living P out of me. Why I could never give credence to anyone that claimed either were among the top players in this league. They both have all the ability going and 'should' be dominating every week. But it's as and when they want to turn up. Hazard doesn't only take months off, he takes whole season's off his time at Chelsea for his WC ability. Then he scores a Worldie, effortlessly, against West Ham the other week and the mediots are creaming themselves over him again.

Can't do with natural God-given wastes of top echelon talent like that.

Both are definitely among the top players in the league. When they want to be.

Pogba and Hazard frustrate the living P out of me. Why I could never give credence to anyone that claimed either were among the top players in this league. They both have all the ability going and 'should' be dominating every week. But it's as and when they want to turn up. Hazard doesn't only take months off, he takes whole season's off his time at Chelsea for his WC ability. Then he scores a Worldie, effortlessly, against West Ham the other week and the mediots are creaming themselves over him again.

No wonder he didn't last long under Fergie and Mourinho calling him virus was right all along. Don't think Klopp would put up with him for long either. But who knows, I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe they are just playing in ***** teams and can't deliver when they are playing with the likes of Lukaku or Higuain.

I honestly don't know what we have to do to see Greenwood, the guy is scoring and playing levels above anyone in this team, he can't do any worse than these. Yes I know it's different football level in itself but if he can't get a chance now, when will he? When Lukaku came on he got the ball closer to the car park than the net.
Hes been struggling with a growth spurt. He’s hardly featured for any level in the last few months it’s expected he’s 17.

Totally wrong move for me, this club seems to be obsessed with having to hire someone who has previous connection with the club. If you're looking to become the best in the business, lets hire the best in the business.

There are thousands of people in Fletcher's position, I don't see how him and & Phelan seem like a good idea to take this club forward. We need someone to come in and shake this joint up, fresh approach and new ideas. Not people who are built on the old regime and think we can get back to the Fergie way.

--------

Theoretically we will look like this: -

Phelan
Fletcher

CSolskjaerC
arrick
McKenna

That's really the way to take us forward? Is anyone actually genuinely thinking the biggest rebuild this club has ever had will be turned around with that. Sigh.
Its not a bad thing you know to get players in and nearly all the top teams in Europe do it. clubs usually find a former player that is well liked and groom them for the position. Overmars and VDS at Ajax, Abidal at Barca, John De Jong and Van Bomm at PSV, Zorc at Dortmund, Hasan Salihamidžić at Bayern, Zidane used to be Real's director of Football. There’s even more but like Sherk said it could all be talk and will have to see.

I am sure both of them would truly shine if they were surrounded by better players.

Dear Football and United fans : I invite you to cast your vote in my poll and select the top 10 best club sides forever and ever. Here-http://vote.sparklit.com/web_poll.spark?pollID=1147359&sparkKey=b17ab7843c067aac26a6f7212538d027b0

I have no words if you are saying that Hazard is not top of the top player in PL. At least you did not say Salah is better, but i know what you are thinking.

Hazard in the Premier League 18/19:

30 starts
29 G/A (Most)
16 goals (joint 4th)
13 assists (Most)
13 MOTMs (Most)
122 dribbles (Most)
89 chances created (2nd)

• Most points won with G/A: 23
• Bigger % contribution in team’s goals: 49%

Just small addition, he has played 300min less than Salah.

I have no words if you are saying that Hazard is not top of the top player in PL. At least you did not say Salah is better, but i know what you are thinking.

30 starts
29 G/A (Most)
16 goals (joint 4th)
13 assists (Most)
13 MOTMs (Most)
122 dribbles (Most)
89 chances created (2nd)

Hold up, who's created more chances tho?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

De Gea is such a snowflake, we may swell cash in on the lot of them this summer. If it is a rebuild may swell do it properly from the start, him and Pogba don't even want to be here anyway. Questionable on both goals again yesterday.

My issue with De Gea all along has been if you take away his reflexes and shot stopping, other parts of his game become exposed. Distribution, communication, commanding an area.

I really don't see how we can resolve his contract when it will break our structure again, he isn't even proving that he's worth it. It's not like our defence can control themselves, I'vemlong wondered if the team generally would benefit from a keeper who had more of the skills De Gea lacks.

De Gea is such a snowflake, we may swell cash in on the lot of them this summer. If it is a rebuild may swell do it properly from the start, him and Pogba don't even want to be here anyway. Questionable on both goals again yesterday.

My issue with De Gea all along has been if you take away his reflexes and shot stopping, other parts of his game become exposed. Distribution, communication, commanding an area.

I really don't see how we can resolve his contract when it will break our structure again, he isn't even proving that he's worth it. It's not like our defence can control themselves, I'vemlong wondered if the team generally would benefit from a keeper who had more of the skills De Gea lacks.

Erm, De gea's distribution has been quite solid barring this season and his first. He's never really been commanding tbh but he makes up for it with cat-like reflexes.

And again, if you take away Shot stopping and reflex, why TF is he a GK then? It's like saying if you take away dribbling and technique, Messi is a decent player.

Erm, De gea's distribution has been quite solid barring this season and his first. He's never really been commanding tbh but he makes up for it with cat-like reflexes.

And again, if you take away Shot stopping and reflex, why TF is he a GK then? It's like saying if you take away dribbling and technique, Messi is a decent player.

Game has progressed last few years in PL so you see de Gea weaknesses even more now. Since Pep has come to this league it has made the keeper role almost multi-functional, obviously doing the basics well (saving shots) but you need to be really comfortable on the ball and being able to start out from the back. Hs distribution has only usually relied on kicking long up till now, because none of our previous managers want to play like that really.

I think as much as we don't like to admit it,De Gea kind of typifies a big problem on this team. No leadership and a bit spineless truth be told. That's not just him, but I think a greater majority now of this squad.

Been a great servant to United, although lets be honest he would have bailed years ago if it wasn't for a fax machine. I think the time is right now for both to move on, we can't put him on massive wages.

If Solskjaer wants to supposedly implement the progressive stye next season, he doesn't suit it if you want t play out from the back. Just my opinion anyway.

Can’t believe some actually want to sell arguably and still is imo the best GK in the world. There’s actually nothing wrong with De Gea distribution. It want that long ago people where raving about his pin point GKs to the wide players or STR. He’s having an off season shot to death confidence wise from the WC. Even still he’s been better than 90% of other GKs in world football.

Di Marzio reporting that inter would be interested in a swap deal for Icardi.

I'd take it every day of the week personally. I know some like Lukaku but he is **** if you want to build a team and play football like Ole did at the start of his reign. Icardi would be a better fit, yes I know his all round build up isn't great but he has better fundamentals. (First touch etc.)

He's far from perfect but considering the options this summer I'd definitely pursue it. Lukaku wants to go to Serie A because it's slower anyway, will suit his play better.

Works for both parties, but does carry a bit off baggage which may be an issue. I just don't see a better alternative for us this summer though.

30 starts
29 G/A (Most)
16 goals (joint 4th)
13 assists (Most)
13 MOTMs (Most)
122 dribbles (Most)
89 chances created (2nd)

Mo Salah with way more goals and assists than Hazard his two seasons at Anfield?

That Mo Salah? The Mo Salah that tips up EVERY game and works his bollocks off. That one?

Hazard disappears for games on end and only tips up and turns it on when he wants to. But let the stats to suit paint a different picture. Hazard is a World class talent. And a lazy ____ who ___ all over Mourinho, his club, and teammates. He ‘should’ be dominating EVERY game he plays ala Messi. But he doesn’t have Messi’s attitude to prove week in, week out hes the best.

I wasn’t ‘thinking’ of anyone in comparison but as you brought Mo up, I’d take him ANY day of the week over Hazard. Because I can rely on Salah. Not just hope that Hazard ‘might be’ in the mood to come out to play.

Back