The Manchester United Thread

One thing I really don't get about us is why we have kept Darmian totally out of the equation and then suddenly decide to bring him into big game vs City. Considering he hasn't played for months I thought he didn't look out of place tbh. He's a very good defender truth be told, which doesn't say much about our others alongside him I guess. Should of used him as RB against Everton for sure.

I'd consider using Darmian again on Sunday maybe as a FB instead of Young. Darmian seems to be a proper pro, barely heard a peep out of him despite how he has never played. He deserves to be rewarded again on Sunday with some time I think, definitely over Young.

We shouldn't let Pogba go. The only world class outfield player we have, WC winner and one of the few CM's in the world who reached double figures at an elite level. At a moment of rebuild, his loss would be one we couldn't replace.

Last edited:
It's our worst run of form in 58 years, regardless of what others may think. We aren't doing any of the basics well at the moment, that's our problem.

Seriously? 58 years?

Christ. I got Hodgson flashbacks there. *Shudders.

It's our worst run of form in 58 years, regardless of what others may think. We aren't doing any of the basics well at the moment, that's our problem.
Missing sitters being one of those basics. Yes we could create more. But the glaring chances we miss are truly shocking.

can I interest you in the legendary "baaasssicccs of football" midfielder Fabien Delph..... :p

Missing sitters being one of those basics. Yes we could create more. But the glaring chances we miss are truly shocking.

Lets be honest though we don't create anywhere near enough lately, I know Lingard should have buried that chance... but that's literally the only one we had in the City game really. It's a recurring theme, when you watch United play now.... the opposition keeper doesn't have anything to save!

We shouldn't let Pogba go. The only world class outfield player we have, WC winner and one of the few CM's in the world who reached double figures at an elite level. At a moment of rebuild, his loss would be one we couldn't replace.

no doubt hes an immensely talented player but if hes not prepared to give his all then he needs to leave.Of course he cant be performing at top level every week but the minimum requirement at a club like utd is that you work til you drop and outrun and outwork the opposition.i dont see that from pogba and wouldnt be surprised if he leaves,dont think his heart is in it.

Unlike some WC players, Pogba IS replaceable. To some extent. Pogbas best midfielder in the world when he's arsed. And he's rarely arsed. Pogba on form counts for 1.5 players, but as a creator he cam be replaced with a single player. Eriksen is one of them. I believe Bruno Fernandes will have amazing career and he can possibly be complete midfielder.
I dont want him to leave, but if he forces the issue, my point is - he can be replaced. Unlike Hazard or Salah or Aguero ( Jesus is **** - quote me on that).

One thing I really don't get about us is why we have kept Darmian totally out of the equation and then suddenly decide to bring him into big game vs City. Considering he hasn't played for months I thought he didn't look out of place tbh. He's a very good defender truth be told, which doesn't say much about our others alongside him I guess. Should of used him as RB against Everton for sure.

I'd consider using Darmian again on Sunday maybe as a FB instead of Young. Darmian seems to be a proper pro, barely heard a peep out of him despite how he has never played. He deserves to be rewarded again on Sunday with some time I think, definitely over Young.

Suspensions is why he was brought in

Herrera looks gone to PSG, RMC are saying it's complete and usually decent when it comes to PSG. Very disappointing, I think he's replaceable but in terms of attitude/mentality.... think last person we could do with losing atm.

Pogba came after playing for Juve in a UCL final. He didn't need to adapt. Bruno Fernandes is a great player, but the bottom half of the portuguese league are almost amateur. And he could end up costing us more than Pogba did at the time. I don't see how we can replace him properly.

His off the ball movements needs work, of course, but he mainly does all the creative work in the field. That's why sometimes he's shut down in matches. No one to open up spaces for him.

Unlike some WC players, Pogba IS replaceable. To some extent. Pogbas best midfielder in the world when he's arsed. And he's rarely arsed. Pogba on form counts for 1.5 players, but as a creator he cam be replaced with a single player. Eriksen is one of them. I believe Bruno Fernandes will have amazing career and he can possibly be complete midfielder.
I dont want him to leave, but if he forces the issue, my point is - he can be replaced. Unlike Hazard or Salah or Aguero ( Jesus is **** - quote me on that).

His name is "Jesus is offside"

Fernandes any good? we're looking at him to replace Gundo, reports conflict due to the league quality

Last edited:
His name is "Jesus is offside"

Fernandes any good? we're looking at him to replace Gundo, reports conflict due to the league quality
Yeah. But he plays different role, he's offensive mid. It wouldnt be like for like replacement.
He's the heart and soul of that Sporting team. Didnt have the best time in Italy, but he was probably too young then. At quoted 35m, he's at the right age (24yo) and some amazing stats, imo he's the best buy for someone this summer.

The Christians won’t be happy if I do.

Only Portuguese/Spanish speaking ones ;)

Anyway, I thought this was excellent take from Bilic on Ole's situation.

[video=youtube;Y_HBzzt6__g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_HBzzt6__g[/video]

Yeah. But he plays different role, he's offensive mid. It wouldnt be like for like replacement.
He's the heart and soul of that Sporting team. Didnt have the best time in Italy, but he was probably too young then. At quoted 35m, he's at the right age (24yo) and some amazing stats, imo he's the best buy for someone this summer.

We're looking for an 8 it seems, a DM (prob Rhodri at the min) will brought in anyway..

Anyway, I thought this was excellent take from Bilic on Ole's situation.

[video=youtube;Y_HBzzt6__g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_HBzzt6__g[/video]

Lets be honest though we don't create anywhere near enough lately, I know Lingard should have buried that chance... but that's literally the only one we had in the City game really. It's a recurring theme, when you watch United play now.... the opposition keeper doesn't have anything to save!
Lukaku should of scored as well when he had that great chance that was laid to him on his stronger foot.

Hope Ole doesn’t play Herrera anymore this season now.

Don't care who he has signed for, you absolutely play Herrera.

Back