The Manchester United Thread

You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.

Yes, i think he will sooner or later. he is a big talent and can see him in starting 11 in next 2-3 seasons if there wont be any injuries...

2-4 Utd great play by Traore in the box to skip past a couple of challenges. Drills it across the box for Mellor to get his second.

FFS comical decending ball gets whipped in from a free kick. Had more than a couple of chances to clear but fluffed it in a panic. Falls to an Everton player for a close range finish. 2-5

Lol same stuff at the other end this time Mellor gets his hat trick 3-5

Wow what a game lol. Williams gets brought down in the box. McGhee puts it away. 4-5 about 10 mins left.

Utd denied a clear pen just like last night. Clear foul on Williams again inside the box.

FT 4-5. Poor defending from both sides but entertaining either way. Season of 2 half’s for the u18s especially after Jan when there was so much chopping and changing at academy level. Solid campaign but we need to learn to stop giving away silly gls. Should come from experience as this has been a very young side since Jan.

Last edited:
Solskjaer was pretty much guaranteeing he was staying next season.... that is either naive or genuinely true. Personally don't believe he will, not surprise me if Raiola is escalating it all as usual. I guess we can't complain because we knew the whole package we got when we signed him.

I personally just want rid of Pogba, I just find him irritating and too inconsistent in a United shirt. get 2 or 3 good replacements, problem is I don't trust this board to do that.

Last time we replaced a world-class player like Ronaldo we got ****** Obertan and Michael Owen.

From the embargoed part of presser:

Solskjaer on these players handling Ferguson's management style
Everyone of these players knows that times have changed and what the gaffer did was unbelievable. We are doing things differently to all the previous managers.

We can't try to copy Sir Alex and be successful - because he was unique. We have to do our own way. We have a different generation of players. Maybe some of them could not have handled Sir Alex the way of managing but we look to do it our way. They know the history of the club, it means a lot for everyone and can't linger on.

Solskjaer on rebuilding
Clearly at Man Utd you take over when it has not been up to standards everyone wanted. I have not inherited a Championship-winning team that keeps on winning. You need time to rebuild and put your own stamp on it.

You can see City and Liverpool set the standards and had Guardiola and Klopp done fantastic job, had their bedding in period and put their stamp on it.

Solskjaer on top 4
That is the ironic part of this because three weeks ago if you had said we'd lose the games we have, I'd say we were out of the chase because you need 76 or 77 points.

Suddenly, as always happens, strange things happen at the start and end of a season. We are in with a chance and if every single one of my players - if we start now - and wake up today with reality that if we beat Chelsea we have a very, very good chance to get in top four, we would all have took it.

It is one way of changing mindsets on what's happened. You can't do anything about what's happened in the short-term, you just have to look forward to the next three games.

Solskjaer on investment and summer plans
I speak to the players all the time; they know my expectations and standards. I have got three years here now and I am going to do whatever I can to make this club successful. We do that together, it is not players against managers here.

You can’t change the team in one transfer window. It isn't going to happen overnight, but we have the time frame and we have the backing. We are all realistic enough to see where we are and you just don’t go 'bang' and move from 70 points to 90 points.

You can't say that we haven't invested enough money. If you look at the money that's been spent, the owners have invested loads of cash and will continue that. I've been in meetings and we've had discussions about that.

We want the player with the right quality and the right personality. All my life I've believed in human beings and what drives people and what makes you successful in the end. Driven by money or fame they are not right for Man United, or my team.

I need players who reflect me as a person and my values. We don't want them if they are only coming because they were offered 20 per cent more.

Solskjaer was pretty much guaranteeing he was staying next season.... that is either naive or genuinely true. Personally don't believe he will, not surprise me if Raiola is escalating it all as usual. I guess we can't complain because we knew the whole package we got when we signed him.

I personally just want rid of Pogba, I just find him irritating and too inconsistent in a United shirt. get 2 or 3 good replacements, problem is I don't trust this board to do that.

Last time we replaced a world-class player like Ronaldo we got ****** Obertan and Michael Owen.

You'd never say he was leaving even if e was. Ferguson did it with Ronaldo for a whole year.

That said, he's not going to Madrid for less than 100m. Madrid want Hazard too, and despite how they act and how the papers lap it up, here's the big kicker: their finances show they can't even afford to but either one of Hazard or Pogba without selling players first...

Last edited:
You'd never say he was leaving even if e was. Ferguson did it with Ronaldo for a whole year.

That said, he's not going to Madrid for less than 100m. Madrid want Hazard too, and despite how they act and how the papers lap it up, here's the big kicker: their finances show they can't even afford to but either one of Hazard or Pogba without selling players first...

They'll offer us bale as a bargaining chip, hope to god Woodward doesn't entertain it. However if they want to discuss Varane in the conversation.... that's a different story.

They'll offer us bale as a bargaining chip, hope to god Woodward doesn't entertain it. However if they want to discuss Varane in the conversation.... that's a different story.

Yep would take Varane, but only if we were going for Milinkovic-Savic

They can gives us Varane + 30m and Bale on loan for the season while paying all his wages :P

I don't even think Varane will leave anyway, seen this smoke all before and then suddenly a contract looms.

Yep would take Varane, but only if we were going for Milinkovic-Savic
Im not 100% sold on Savic tbh. He’s had dire this season and the games I’ve watched it’s been like watching Pogba but with even less quality and less effort and they still want around the 100m Mark. And a lot of Lazio fans on various places have had about enough of him. Would rather go for Fernandes, Aour, Pjanic, Havertz

I would take Bruno Fernandes over SMS at the moment. But Pogba aint leaving soon.

Im not 100% sold on Savic tbh. He’s had dire this season and the games I’ve watched it’s been like watching Pogba but with even less quality and less effort and they still want around the 100m Mark. And a lot of Lazio fans on various places have had about enough of him. Would rather go for Fernandes, Aour, Pjanic, Havertz

The only one better on that list is Pjanic and he's 4 years older

Having both Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in midfield would be very naughty!

Yeah, but then you would need someone like Kante who'll be able to run for them both. That said, Fernandes is massively improving in becoming a complete midfielder as opposed to simple attacking mid during his time in Italy.

Also, speaking of potential DDG replacement, is it worth taking a look at Pete's son?

Back