The Manchester United Thread

Why would you not play Herrera?

1- He’s our second best midfielder
2- He’s been a model pro here despite being a yo-yo player when deserving to be a key one

We're looking for an 8 it seems, a DM (prob Rhodri at the min) will brought in anyway..
Yeah, hes 8/10 hybrid. Pep would turn him into a monster I recon. I get shivers when I think how much more competent your board is. How things change, eh?

Saul Ningez said on Spanish interview today that he will 110% be staying at Atletico. Saying he was happy has a good long contract and can see staying there into his 30s

Mike, why do you think Icardi for Lukaku is a bad idea?
Well what I’ve seen of him, he’s even more one dimensional than Lukaku and wouldn’t have a (significantly) better return either. We have a 25 year old who’s top 20 goal scorers in PL history, so if it’s just goals you want (and that’s all you’ll be getting from Icardi), then it just makes more sense to save the hassle and just keep Lukaku. Then you factor in the baggage; the dressing room is already suspect enough.

Last thing you want in your club right now is a 24/7 media circus around Icardi and his wife. It would like Beckham+Posh Spice except 500x worse.

Well what I’ve seen of him, he’s even more one dimensional than Lukaku and wouldn’t have a (significantly) better return either. We have a 25 year old who’s top 20 goal scorers in PL history, so if it’s just goals you want (and that’s all you’ll be getting from Icardi), then it just makes more sense to save the hassle and just keep Lukaku. Then you factor in the baggage; the dressing room is already suspect enough.

Nailed it. He's even more limited outside the box, his personality is more suspect, and he has a media circus that's worse than the one around Pogba

Last edited:
U23s last game tonight against table topping Wolves. Really disappointing season finishing 6th for one reason or another one in particular.

Team is: Woolston, Olosunde, Ercolani, O’Connor, Tanner, Levitt, Garner, Barlow, Chong, Greenwood, Gomes

Subs: Foijticek, Warren, Galbraith, Bohui, Elanga

Good to see Warren back and O’Connor playing cb. And great to see Elanga get his first call up.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. I was under impression he's more technical than Lukaku as well as a better goalscorer.

Nearly 1-0 Utd after 90 seconds. Gomes with a sublime through ball to Chong our left who burns past the fb. Drills in a great cross but the cab just beats Greenwood to the ball.

Wow clear peno denied for a foul on Gomes after some quick feet beats the CB who clearly tripped him after being beaten.

Ole there with Phelan and our Loan scout.

WTF! How’s that not a red let alone not getting a card! Disgusting challenge on Garner by there CF. A lung from behind clearly off the ground and not in control. Lucky that’s not a bad one!

Great play by Gomes. Picks it up deep drives through CM then has a crack from about 20 yards. But just goes past the post.

What a goal!! Great play by Chong who does the FB like a kipper with a lovely bit of skill. Drills it inside to Gomes who lays it off first time to Greenwood who score a fantastic first time effort with his right. Keeper didn’t move. 1-0 Utd 31 mins gone.

Phelan and Ole loved that :)

**** off **** ref. First Utd foul of the game and O’Connor gets booked..... Seconds later Wolves comit a worse foul and still no card. ****** shocking reffing this game.

1-0 HT. Utd totally dominant. Gomes stand out player by a mile.

Greenwood goal :) https://twitter.com/imnomortalsam/status/1121844466338476037?s=21

#MUTV stat on Mason Greenwood's 30th goal of the season - 15 with his right foot, 14 with his left and one header. It drew a smile from the watching Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Utd go close after the break 3 times in quick succession. Chong on all occasions drawing good saves from the GK.

2-0 Utd after 48 mins. Chong come out possessed this half pics the ball up from a throw in brats 2 players in the box and gets brought down. Gomes with a cheeky **** peno straight down the middle Paneka :)

Big shame Woolston the GK off after injuring his knee with a save. Tbh he’s been grate everytime he’s played. Saves with his hands and feet well. Great at coming for crosses. Fjoiticek on in his place.

Ercolani off injured now. Twisted his knee blocking a shot. Tyrell Warren on after returning from injury. 67 mins gone

2-1 Utd Wolves pull one back. Poor punch from Fjoiticek from a corner. Wolves player drills it back across ends up in the back of the net via a deflection off O’Connor. Unlucky he’s been superb while Wolves have piled forward the last 15. 8 mins left.

2-2 poor from Olesunde completely misses his clearence. Ball falls to the winger who lays it off to the edge of the box who curls a great effort top corner. Wolves well on top. 8 mins injury time just started.

Wow Greenwood has a goal not given after the ball crossed the line easily! Wolves go up the other end and score 2-3 officials have been a disgrace tonight!!!

Last edited:
You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.

You reckon Gomez will make it at United first team? He's got all the ability in the world but he looks like a lighter version of Fred and even that's saying something. I'd like to give him a good chance, maybe give him a few games against huddersfield and Cardiff if we bottle Chelsea.
Yeah for sure he’s absolutely nothing like Fred as a player. Gomes more like David Silva. Since he’s been injury free the last few weeks he’s been back to unplayable absolutely magician like technique.

Yeah for sure he’s absolutely nothing like Fred as a player. Gomes more like David Silva. Since he’s been injury free the last few weeks he’s been back to unplayable absolutely magician like technique.

yeah i really like gomes hope he gets a chance.whatever happened to gribbin?

Can’t believe we lost that. Clueless Sbragia last 20 mins did **** all when it was obvious Wolves were just gonna get there LWB to whip in crosses. And there attacks coming all from that side.

No I meant because his stature is so small, considering PL is such a physical league.

No I meant because his stature is so small, considering PL is such a physical league.
Sont think Fred struggles with the physicality of the prem. He’s just struggling with the pace of it atm. On Gomes his movement, technique, Touch is in such a level don’t think he will struggle at all. Plus this season he’s got stuck in a lot more than previous seasons. If tor good enough as a footballer then physique won’t come into it.

View image on Twitter
ACADEMY NEWS: Today’s team news for the u18s final match

All Greenwood’s goals this season https://twitter.com/fabioprod/status/1122074087268995072?s=21

1-0 Utd 9 mins gone. Great run by Elanga who is playing RB. Beats the oppo FB drives into the box plays the ball to Mellor who slots it home. Brilliant from Elanga though!

1-1 after 15 Utd unlucky with a deflection into the net. Make that 1-2 Everton who score from a corner after Utd fail to clear.

1-3 Poor from Utd keeper just a floaty free kick. Starts to come then changes his mind after misjudging it Everton player has a easy tap in. Make that 1-4 now. Sloppy giving the ball away at the back for an easy finish just before HT.​

Last edited:
Back