The Manchester United Thread

Just watched Herrera's goodbye message to the fans once again, such a bitter blow at a time like this.... can tell he really connected with the club. If only we had more of those players here perhaps this loss wouldn't feel so great. Got the impression he really wanted to stay as well, well done our board for messing up another situation.
Well he should of stayed them.

Well he should of stayed them.

Yeah but reality is that he has never been truly valued by managers here other than Ole really. Even the latter ever since the move has been thrown out the team mostly. Our win ratio with him in the team rather out of it is almost double under each manager we've had.

In the real world there is no way he can turn down such a wage for 5 year contract with PSG. Our board messed up by not sorting the contract out way before now.

Yeah but reality is that he has never been truly valued by managers here other than Ole really. Even the latter ever since the move has been thrown out the team mostly. Our win ratio with him in the team rather out of it is almost double under each manager we've had.

In the real world there is no way he can turn down such a wage for 5 year contract with PSG. Our board messed up by not sorting the contract out way before now.

He would never get the same money and length here. If he did you'd **** and moan. I'm probably the biggest herrera fan here, but we hardly betrayed him. If he really wanted to he here he would be, on a 3 year 160K a week deal. Which isn't shabby at all.

He would never get the same money and length here. If he did you'd **** and moan. I'm probably the biggest herrera fan here, but we hardly betrayed him. If he really wanted to he here he would be, on a 3 year 160K a week deal. Which isn't shabby at all.

It's shabby compared to 200k for 5 years though. Yeah I wouldn't be happy with it but why couldn't we just do this a year or two ago when you don't have to worry about other clubs coming in for him?

It's shabby compared to 200k for 5 years though. Yeah I wouldn't be happy with it but why couldn't we just do this a year or two ago when you don't have to worry about other clubs coming in for him?

Yeah, and he's not worth 200K on a 5 year deal. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about?

You realise it's because his demands were relatively high in the first place ( which he is entitled to) and club weren't necessarily convinced. PSG forced it higher, but ultimately he would have had a healthy contract and if his love of the club was that strong he'd have signed.

Yeah, and he's not worth 200K on a 5 year deal. So I'm not sure what you're moaning about?

You realise it's because his demands were relatively high in the first place ( which he is entitled to) and club weren't necessarily convinced. PSG forced it higher, but ultimately he would have had a healthy contract and if his love of the club was that strong he'd have signed.

United screw themselves over and then wonder why they can't control wages. Pretty sure Luke Shaw is on close to that and what has he ever done in his career to justify it? That's without even going on to Sanchez who we know has naffed everything up in terms of wages.

David Orstrein saying that Utd want Koulibaly and talks have been held but Utd not sure on Napoli 100m+ asking price looking at younger options. Also club were interested in AWB with City but want to develop Dalot and Laird. Also Sancho is 50/50 atm he heard it was nailed on a couple months ago but wants to see what happens with regarding to the clubs structure. Also said Sancho would be Utd preferred choice ahead of PSG and Juve and he has had no other talks from prem clubs. Will cost about 110m.

David Orstrein saying that Utd want Koulibaly and talks have been held but Utd not sure on Napoli 100m+ asking price looking at younger options. Also club were interested in AWB with City but want to develop Dalot and Laird. Also Sancho is 50/50 atm he heard it was nailed on a couple months ago but wants to see what happens with regarding to the clubs structure. Also said Sancho would be Utd preferred choice ahead of PSG and Juve and he has had no other talks from prem clubs. Will cost about 110m.

Lord knows why we have all these scouts if we end up always going after players that everyone knows about and will cost king's ransom.

The best thing this club needs to do is get a Head Of Recruitment and a concrete plan going forward, nothing will be a quick fix this summer. So trying to splash out hundreds of millions on 1 or 2 players is not the answer. I read the other day that apparently the Technical Director won't have much involvement with transfers, so I ask myself what is the point? Just a yes man to appease the fans in a role between manager and board isn't what we need.

Lord knows why we have all these scouts if we end up always going after players that everyone knows about and will cost king's ransom.

The best thing this club needs to do is get a Head Of Recruitment and a concrete plan going forward, nothing will be a quick fix this summer. So trying to splash out hundreds of millions on 1 or 2 players is not the answer. I read the other day that apparently the Technical Director won't have much involvement with transfers, so I ask myself what is the point? Just a yes man to appease the fans in a role between manager and board isn't what we need.
I would jump at the chance to sign Koulibaly or Sancho. You pay what you have to. Koulibaly one of few top class CBs with genuine leadership qualities that would improve our defence massively. And Sancho like Rooney your buying a serious talent and long term investment again in a area that would seriously improve us and fits what Ole wants. And every club knows about all players. Should we not sign anyone? And neither are ready made so called super stars either.

I would jump at the chance to sign Koulibaly or Sancho. You pay what you have to. Koulibaly one of few top class CBs with genuine leadership qualities that would improve our defence massively. And Sancho like Rooney your buying a serious talent and long term investment again in a area that would seriously improve us and fits what Ole wants. And every club knows about all players. Should we not sign anyone? And neither are ready made so called super stars either.

Koulibaly is a good defender but he's far from the complete package in my opinion.... I've seen him against Liverpool and Arsenal this season, in the game at Emirates for example he struggled. That's obviously not the be all and end all but even £80m is pushing it..... £100m+ we shouldn't even entertain.

Sancho is a great prospect and undoubtedly someone we need. But nothing in our transfer policy has changed, it's still scattergun with no real structure... Woodward needs to be binned. But he doesn't seem to want to relinquish his power which is the biggest issue.

Koulibaly is a good defender but he's far from the complete package in my opinion.... I've seen him against Liverpool and Arsenal this season, in the game at Emirates for example he struggled. That's obviously not the be all and end all but even £80m is pushing it..... £100m+ we shouldn't even entertain.

Sancho is a great prospect and undoubtedly someone we need. But nothing in our transfer policy has changed, it's still scattergun with no real structure... Woodward needs to be binned. But he doesn't seem to want to relinquish his power which is the biggest issue.
Hows it scattergun and why is Woodward getting blamed for getting Oles targets?

Hows it scattergun and why is Woodward getting blamed for getting Oles targets?

The biggest signings this summer wasn't the players, it was the personnel above and a structure being put in place with people who know what they're doing in the market. Our biggest problem in recent windows is Woodward because he's ike a goldfish out of water. Every decision he seems to make seems to backfire in some way or just be for commercial gain.

We were promised these changes when Mourinho left behind the scenes, that the footballing side of the club would be restructured.... I'm yet to see anything other than false promises again.

I don't even think there is concrete proof that they are Solskjaer's targets anyway, you're telling me that these players who were linked before under Mourinho reign are Ole's targets magically as well?

conflicting reports,some say koulibaly is very close others say utd put off by the fee.He would represent ahuge upgrade on what weve got and a partnership of hm with lindelof woud be the best pairing weve had for some years,Just have to see i guess but a top defender undoubtedly

Why wouldnt they be, they are both trying to solve the same squad issues?

also i remember when liverpool started their decline in the early 90s they were never able to attract the real top players,the likes of phil babb,torben piechnik etc were not good enough so it has to be a little encouraging that the pulling power is still there but agree with you all whosay we need to get our **** together off the field or there will be no redemption for a long long time

United screw themselves over and then wonder why they can't control wages. Pretty sure Luke Shaw is on close to that and what has he ever done in his career to justify it? That's without even going on to Sanchez who we know has naffed everything up in terms of wages.

Shaw isn't close to that at all, its a heavily incentivised 160, including all his bonuses. and has been excellent most of the season

You're doing it again. Moaning for absolutely nothing and making more sense. 3 months ago you didn't even like him

The biggest signings this summer wasn't the players, it was the personnel above and a structure being put in place with people who know what they're doing in the market. Our biggest problem in recent windows is Woodward because he's ike a goldfish out of water. Every decision he seems to make seems to backfire in some way or just be for commercial gain.

We were promised these changes when Mourinho left behind the scenes, that the footballing side of the club would be restructured.... I'm yet to see anything other than false promises again.

I don't even think there is concrete proof that they are Solskjaer's targets anyway, you're telling me that these players who were linked before under Mourinho reign are Ole's targets magically as well?

We've been linked with about 100 players pal. You have no idea who is who

Right, actually **** off with this. this is the outright single ******* stupidest thing you've ever said. I can only assume you know **** all about football, are deliberately being a *******, or you've never watched. The only defender in the world currently on his level is VVD. and its unquestionable. He is the outright best defender United could by. By virtue of being one of the best defenders in the world. Sancho and him would be the two best signings we could make. If that doesnt please, just go ******* jump in the, because you'll never be happy. Actually hate fans like you.

So nearly everyone from the BBC, SKY, Ducker etc all saying we are looking to get a DOF or TD in and been well reported we’ve spoken to people and your moaning about false promises. Are you ever happy with anything lol.

Those 2 and a CM most likey2 and I would be very happy going forward into next season! Will see what comes I guess.

Back