The Manchester United Thread

They don't want to clean up anything though, which is why this whole thing is a never ending shitshow until they go.

Everyone says how good business men they are, I personally think they are ****. They are using United's name to attract sponsors, pretty easy. But the thing I can't get my head around is why they took us over with £400m debt and they've not paid it off even still now? It has been like £1bln down the pan in debt repayments.
The club wasn't in debt until they took over (they were one of the few clubs at the time in the black), the £400m debt is their fault as they promised Edwards the money to buy but didn't have it, to get a loan to pay for the club they used the club as an asset, since then they have creamed the club for payments every year with very little monetary input themselves, nor any sign of wanting to pay off the debts they created. Yep they are **** owners but the real fact is they are taking the club and it's supporters for a ride.

Ole says he’s excited and looking forward to Tuanzebe being back in the squad next season :)

it was almost as if the jones/smalling partnership was setup for everyone to see how poor they really are for a club such as this.Backup players at very best but neither has ever been good enough in truth but we all knew that donkeys yrs ago

Heard new rumours that we are weighing in for Rabiot. I'm praying we don't make that move. He could turn out to be world class, no doubt, but he could also be a bigger issue in the dressing room than Pogba, and that's saying something.

It looks exactly like the transfer Woodward is generally keen to make (big name, commercial signing), but god, hope not. He would be as bad as Icardi in the dressing room. (that is, assuming he would want to come here at all, considering no CL).

Heard new rumours that we are weighing in for Rabiot. I'm praying we don't make that move. He could turn out to be world class, no doubt, but he could also be a bigger issue in the dressing room than Pogba, and that's saying something.

It looks exactly like the transfer Woodward is generally keen to make (big name, commercial signing), but god, hope not. He would be as bad as Icardi in the dressing room. (that is, assuming he would want to come here at all, considering no CL).
If it’s who Ole wants them I’m all for it.

with the like of zz no way in ******* ****

I'm all for having faith in someone, but with Ole it seems like we're all clinging on too something that you know isn't there? It's not like Fergie either because he had a track record before he came here with Aberdeen. We can't just ignore the past 3 months and run of games because we like someone. Which is essentially what we're doing. it was relegation form (2 wins in 12) for a club like United that isn't acceptable at all regardless of players.

Look I'd like nothing more than Solskjaer to be a success here, but things with go south very quick if we start next season like we have ended this one. This summer will probably dictate everything because if we mess ie up, I'd be sure he won't last until Christmas. Not that it would be his fault because we've messed up windows for other managers as well.

Last edited:
Solskjaer needs to stick with his word and make the changes that are necessary by being ruthless. At the moment I know a lot of fans are behind him to do that, however that support isn't unconditional if he doesn't actually do it this summer.

TOD, if we sign Rabiot it would be madness and would definitely go against what Solskjaer is trying to build. If your trying to clean up that dressing room then you can't be signing players like him, it doesn't matter how good he potentially is. He has been a troublemaker in Paris.... which is full of egos, god knows what he'll be like here. There are plenty of midfielders that we can target this summer, all who have better personality and will fit Solskjaer management better,

Solskjaer wants to sign players who are young and hungry that fit united's DNA..... Rabiot is young but none of the other he wants.

Why are we worrying about transfer rumours. We've been linked to 100 players. Let's wait till players actually start arriving first

Solskjaer needs to stick with his word and make the changes that are necessary by being ruthless. At the moment I know a lot of fans are behind him to do that, however that support isn't unconditional if he doesn't actually do it this summer.

TOD, if we sign Rabiot it would be madness and would definitely go against what Solskjaer is trying to build. If your trying to clean up that dressing room then you can't be signing players like him, it doesn't matter how good he potentially is. He has been a troublemaker in Paris.... which is full of egos, god knows what he'll be like here. There are plenty of midfielders that we can target this summer, all who have better personality and will fit Solskjaer management better,

Solskjaer wants to sign players who are young and hungry that fit united's DNA..... Rabiot is young but none of the other he wants.
Rabiot but have issues off the pitch. But always gave his all on it from the matches I watched. His attitude on his had never been a problem. Just if you can sort the other side. Plus PSG shat on him enough it’s not all on him.

Also you go on about relegation form Poch and Spurs was just as bad than us maybe worse.

Rabiot but have issues off the pitch. But always gave his all on it from the matches I watched. His attitude on his had never been a problem. Just if you can sort the other side. Plus PSG shat on him enough it’s not all on him.

Also you go on about relegation form Poch and Spurs was just as bad than us maybe worse.

Issues off the pitch matters. Why do you think none of us want Icardi? (other than him being a poacher). The media circus that ensues simply isn't good for anyone. With Rabiot and his ego, that could be a bigger problem than anyone else right now. Simply don't want that.

We can hardly compare ourselves to them though can we? They have been focussing on CL mainly and despite what others say their squad is weaker than ours on paper. Starting 11 is stronger but after that it's like paper thin relying on players who aren't all that or youth.

Yeah their form has dropped off but Pochettino has still done another miracle season with them, getting top 4 with that squad and in CL Final.... ridiculous with no money.

Issues off the pitch matters. Why do you think none of us want Icardi? (other than him being a poacher). The media circus that ensues simply isn't good for anyone. With Rabiot and his ego, that could be a bigger problem than anyone else right now. Simply don't want that.
Dont matter what we want it’s what the manager wants at the end of the day. It’s all talk anyways even though RMC have started running the story now. Get the manager the players HE wants back him then it only falls on him if it don’t work out. At the same time don’t expect miracles next season either.

Dont matter what we want it’s what the manager wants at the end of the day. It’s all talk anyways even though RMC have started running the story now. Get the manager the players HE wants back him then it only falls on him if it don’t work out. At the same time don’t expect miracles next season either.

yeah next season is all about getting together a squad that wants to give their all for the utd shirt.miles off the title so top four has to be the aim and gradually reduce the gap to pool/city.Tbh if we see more passion on the field i think we wil all be pretty happy even if we finish sixth again

yeah next season is all about getting together a squad that wants to give their all for the utd shirt.miles off the title so top four has to be the aim and gradually reduce the gap to pool/city.Tbh if we see more passion on the field i think we wil all be pretty happy even if we finish sixth again

Not really. If we finish sixth again, Ole will be out of a job. While City/Liverpool will be difficult to scale next season itself, there is no reason why we can't reach where Tottenham/Chelsea are. TBF, anything less is a shame. Need to get the players fired up and wanting to play for the shirt again, improve their conditioning and start making right choices in the transfer window.

We were easily on for third before Arsenal (least, it was game on!), and then **** happened.

..... Also you go on about relegation form Poch and Spurs was just as bad than us maybe worse.

In just over two and a half weeks they'll be contesting the biggest game in football for the biggest prize in football. Which they've achieved whilst mirroring up a CL League season (top 4) alongside their magnificent European one. All with a really small squad.

No comparison in any way, shape or form there.

Understandable how Tottenham's league form dipped with the bulk of the same XI having to play most every game the run-in. The utmost credit to them that they overcame how not only physically, but emotionally draining those big European nights are to still make the top 4 in the league.

Yeah, let's not compare Poch & Ole's situations. Ole has his struggles due to numerous factors, and is a little harshly criticized these days (just like he was over-praised in the early days) - but Poch has got Spurs top 4 & to a CL final with Llorente leading the line & Moussa Sissoko looking like ****** peak Yaya Toure - so does it really matter if match-accumulation with the same XI every few days saw a few negative results? CL football next season, AGAIN, with a 50/50 chance of lifting the prize. I've ran out of superlatives to describe the job he's doing there. Him & Klopp are insane project managers. Ole should get the same time to be judged too, as it is a project...whether you're confident in him or not, it is a project.

Btw, is it ridiculous to call Poch, based on his consistent miracle workings over the last half decade or so, a top 10 PL manager in history? I can't name 10 better.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's not compare Poch & Ole's situations. Ole has his struggles due to numerous factors, and is a little harshly criticized these days (just like he was over-praised in the early days) - but Poch has got Spurs top 4 & to a CL final with Llorente leading the line & Moussa Sissoko looking like ****** peak Yaya Toure - so does it really matter if match-accumulation with the same XI every few days saw a few negative results? CL football next season, AGAIN, with a 50/50 chance of lifting the prize. I've ran out of superlatives to describe the job he's doing there. Him & Klopp are insane project managers. Ole should get the same time to be judged too, as it is a project...whether you're confident in him or not, it is a project.

Btw, is it ridiculous to call Poch, based on his consistent miracle workings over the last half decade or so, a top 10 PL manager in history? I can't name 10 better.

Had it all last year in here from some mate about Utd finishing second (all 6 points ahead of L'pool) and (laughably) having the better season. The fact we'd been to yet another European Cup Final, with 13 fit players on their last legs and back end squad depth and kids having to make up league sides, whilst still making the top 4, was madly overlooked.

The similarities in what Tottenham have done this season are uncanny. Absolutely magnificent what they've achieved. Very few English sides manage to match-up a top 4 spot with a European Cup final run the ridiculous demands of this league. To do that without spending a penny, coming off a World Cup year with little to no rest the summer ..... again, the utmost respect to everyone at Tottenham.

It would be absolutely churlish and ridiculously bitter to try denigrate that in any manner.

Just watched Herrera's goodbye message to the fans once again, such a bitter blow at a time like this.... can tell he really connected with the club. If only we had more of those players here perhaps this loss wouldn't feel so great. Got the impression he really wanted to stay as well, well done our board for messing up another situation.

Back