The Manchester United Thread

FWIW, I heard from a good source Saturday the only reason he's not a Barcelona player right now is L'pool have also agreed a fee and are talking.

Still expecting him to be a Barcelona player. But to say he's all but a Barcelona player right now is far off the mark apparently.

See how much he wants to play with van Dijk or his bezzie de Jong.
Hm. Guess it makes sense. Either ways, whoever gets him, he will be a top, top signing. And has his entire career still in front of him. And already a leader and a captain. Jeez. This Ajax team is literally once in a generation team, with de Ligt the crowning jewel I guess.

Just think, if Barca get him, they have effectively replaced Biscuits and Pique in one swoop. Jeez.

Hm. Guess it makes sense. Either ways, whoever gets him, he will be a top, top signing. And has his entire career still in front of him. And already a leader and a captain. Jeez. This Ajax team is literally once in a generation team, with de Ligt the crowning jewel I guess.

Just think, if Barca get him, they have effectively replaced Biscuits and Pique in one swoop. Jeez.

de Light is top player and WC for future, there is still long way to go for him also I think. But watching Ajax games I really love van de Beek and think he is huge hidden gem in the team.

Good read about him.
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...van-de-beek-ajax-tactical-analysis-statistics

Last edited:
de Light is top player and WC for future, there is still long way to go for him also I think. But watching Ajax games I really love van de Beek and think he is huge hidden gem in the team.

Good read about him.
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...van-de-beek-ajax-tactical-analysis-statistics
Looks immense! And from the look of the article, he looks like he attacks and defends space quite well, which not a lot of top midfielders can do effectively. I guess him going under the radar will help Ajax retain him for one more year//

There's about a dozen clubs in for him, his agent is asking for a ransom, and has just been banned for 3 months

That's why he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Wow that’s a surprise especially Devlin! :O
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-women-release-devlin-hartley-roberts-and-salmon

Casey Stoney said: “I’d like to personally thank those four for their hard work, dedication and contribution to the team this year.

“It is always difficult to make these decisions but everyone at the club wishes them every success in the future - they will always be a part of Manchester United Women’s history.”

Question - if Pogba left - would you like if Coutinho replaced him?

Fwiw, I'd take him. Think Barca was a bad move, suits the PL and I don't think him & Messi can coexist effectively. Coutinho needs to be ball-dominant & be a consistent starter to gather form/momentum.

Yeah, no. I still want a RB. Make it five signings, and yes, that would be the best summer we have had, ever. But both Sancho and Koulibaly seem like a pipe-dream, especially at their reported cost and no CL. But if we can pull it off, all the power to them. Seem to be on the right path though, in terms of positions of players linked - CB, CMx2, RB and RW.

Also, re: Koulibaly, zZ himself was the one raving about him, and how he was the best defender at present outside of VVD in terms of leading and organising a defence. Two games shouldn't have changed that opinion.

That said, I'm hoping his ban is temporary, Mike? We have few enough active members, as it is, and zZ, when not in panic mode, makes sense and is a pretty good poster.
From Simon Stoney and Orstein again today: Priorities: centre-back, full-back, centre-mid, winger #MUFC

Fwiw, I'd take him. Think Barca was a bad move, suits the PL and I don't think him & Messi can coexist effectively. Coutinho needs to be ball-dominant & be a consistent starter to gather form/momentum.

If you want someone that presses and works, as seems to be the theme in here, he's not your man.

Di Marzio reporting that both Juve and Inter are currently in talks with Sanchez agent. Deal will come down to how much Utd are willing to offset his wages.

Coutinho in the middle is a bad idea. Barca signed him to replace Iniesta and it hasn't work, because he loses too many balls when he receives them with his back turned to opposition. He's supposed to play on the wings.

Coutinho in the middle is a bad idea. Barca signed him to replace Iniesta and it hasn't work, because he loses too many balls when he receives them with his back turned to opposition. He's supposed to play on the wings.

When he’s playing with confidence, his best role is as a floating, playmaking 10. He’s predictable wide. You know exactly what he’s going to do. Look to cut inside on his right.

No.

Ole wants an aggressive midfield press. He's not the player for that

personally i wouldnt go near coutinho.not what we need at this moment.Yes he has quality but we need players with that quality combined with a bit of steel and real determination and i dont see that with him

personally i wouldnt go near coutinho.not what we need at this moment.Yes he has quality but we need players with that quality combined with a bit of steel and real determination and i dont see that with him

I'd love you to personally as it would both show the little rat up for what he is and shut up the few left in the fanbase who still defend him.

But you summed him up right. If Klopp hadn't inherited him, he'd never have dreamed of signing him. I mean he played by default as he was way more talented than most we had. But he was never a Klopp type player with his lack of work rate, discipline and total neglect the defensive side.

He'd be welll served going to Italy where he could showcase his fantastic technical ability in a much slower paced, less physical league. Or a move elsewhere in Spain away from the toxicity at Barcelona or Madrid. Although the tactical side wouldn't mesh well with him and Italian coaches.

I'd love you to personally as it would both show the little rat up for what he is and shut up the few left in the fanbase who still defend him.

But you summed him up right. If Klopp hadn't inherited him, he'd never have dreamed of signing him. I mean he played by default as he was way more talented than most we had. But he was never a Klopp type player with his lack of work rate, discipline and total neglect the defensive side.

He'd be welll served going to Italy where he could showcase his fantastic technical ability in a much slower paced, less physical league. Or a move elsewhere in Spain away from the toxicity at Barcelona or Madrid. Although the tactical side wouldn't mesh well with him and Italian coaches.

yeah as good as he was for pool i always saw him as a luxury player and klopp knew what he was doing as i think you became a better side without him almost instantly.Can see him at psg this summer if he does leave

yeah as good as he was for pool i always saw him as a luxury player and klopp knew what he was doing as i think you became a better side without him almost instantly.Can see him at psg this summer if he does leave

Defo. He'd of had him out the previous summer the first time he downed tools and went on strike. It was only the owners who made sure he stayed until the January thankfully or else he'd have gone a lot cheaper. The second time he started with his B/S leading up to that window forced their hand.

I love the story's linking him back. Not many things I'm sure about in football but there's no way in **** Jurgen would entertain him again.

i have a few mates who are liverpool fans and they all say the same mate,no way they want him back at anfield and other than chelsea maybe i dont know who else in the top six would want him back in the pl.Liverpool were in a good position though werent they with mane to step up and hes been terrific,would bite your hands off to get him to old trafford

Back