The Manchester United Thread

i have a few mates who are liverpool fans and they all say the same mate,no way they want him back at anfield and other than chelsea maybe i dont know who else in the top six would want him back in the pl.Liverpool were in a good position though werent they with mane to step up and hes been terrific,would bite your hands off to get him to old trafford

Defo. I wouldn't touch the little rat with a bargepole. Never had a problem with him wanting to leave and go to Barcelona. Most South American's have either Barcelona or Madrid in their career plans. No amount of money or trophies was stopping that. That just is what it is. It was the way he went around it that P everyone off. Handing in his request the day before the season started. Effectively going on strike through the whole window with the back B/S. Potentially putting a whole season's hard work from everyone at stake missing the qualifiers with Hoffenheim. Getting his family to start a campaign against the club when he was back playing through the media. And as has since come out, causing ruptions within the changies going against the manager and everything he's worked so hard to instil here. To then start withdrawing himself again the January window.

Shame as he should be remembered fondly. Instead, he'll always be a horrible lil rat for his actions.

Taking up a good few posts here talking about your arch enemy, haha, but yeah, Sadio's development has been ridiculous. Genuine WC player now who just edged our player of the year for me. So happy for him to get the recognition with the Golden Boot. The number of big goals he scores ..... I mean he's always a serious threat that has to be accounted for even when he's off it. But when the big games come around Mane goes up another level. We're truly blessed to have those three up front.

Hopefully I remember to come back to see the replies, apologies if I forget like a moron:
But you summed him up right. If Klopp hadn't inherited him, he'd never have dreamed of signing him. I mean he played by default as he was way more talented than most we had. But he was never a Klopp type player with his lack of work rate, discipline and total neglect the defensive side.
Is my memory failing me or did I read a lot two years ago during Klopp's time how Coutinho was the key (along with Firmino) to Klopp's attack and how central it was and then how hard would it hit Liverpool losing him?

Manchester United have met with 15-year-old Lyon attacking midfielder Rayan Cherki’s parents about a deal & people close to the player have visited the Red Devils’ facilities, ahead of a move according to @DahbiaHattabi.

Hopefully I remember to come back to see the replies, apologies if I forget like a moron:

Is my memory failing me or did I read a lot two years ago during Klopp's time how Coutinho was the key (along with Firmino) to Klopp's attack and how central it was and then how hard would it hit Liverpool losing him?

You're probably right, but it's worth pointing out $50 million was considered a big transfer back then, and Coutinho ended up being sold for triple that. So that has changed the optics about his departure.

Bit harsh on Brunoh guys, he was only saying players he would like to see United in for :)

And bring back Zzyzzy! He might moan a fair bit but always contributes, justice for Z!

And Sancho is the player I'd most like to see come to the league, ideally at United

Looks great :)

Man United unveil their new home kit for next season
1f440.png

The kit celebrates United's treble winning season of 1999, with the time of both stoppage time goals against Bayern Munich on either sleeve.

Finally got some time to see Sancho and the hype around him. And he seems to me like - really predictable. He does not use his left foot. Other than that, he's solid.

Finally got some time to see Sancho and the hype around him. And he seems to me like - really predictable. He does not use his left foot. Other than that, he's solid.

Haven't seen enough of him then, as his game is based on insane close control/dribbling and unpredictability. He isn't that quick, but **** me the ball is stuck to his feet. Figo regen.

He's also probably out of our league at the moment, he's a potential future Balon d'Or talent. Hope he's silly enough to come here.

Looks great :)

Man United unveil their new home kit for next season
1f440.png

The kit celebrates United's treble winning season of 1999, with the time of both stoppage time goals against Bayern Munich on either sleeve.

Decent kit, but why are we feeding off something that happened in the last century? We slated Liverpool for years for "living in the past". Glazers being glazers & trying to suck people's hard earned by selling (cringey) nostalgia.

Yup. That assessment all looks rather silly now huh?

Haven't seen enough of him then, as his game is based on insane close control/dribbling and unpredictability. He isn't that quick, but **** me the ball is stuck to his feet. Figo regen.

He's also probably out of our league at the moment, he's a potential future Balon d'Or talent. Hope he's silly enough to come here.

Yeah, Solksjaer and Huddersfield (as much as some like to deny CL is a massively important carrot) realistically put paid to the likes of him and Koulibaly.

WAY better options for both if they hit the open market.

You need to build this properly and hit on the next floor down of player as to where Utd currently are, get a solid base of young players to build on, and add the aforementioned top quality down the line.

Last edited:
Ed Woodward: ""After a turbulent season, everyone @ManUtd is focussed on building towards the success that this great club expects + fans deserve. Preparations for + new season are well underway + underlying strength of business will allow us to fully support the manager as we look to future."

Overall revenue for 9 months to 31 March @ManUtd is £495.7m (up 5.9%). Net debt £301.7m. Wages £84.8m, up £9.7m on previous 12 months "primarily due to investment in the first team playing squad". Net finance costs £3.1m.

Still think we will have no problem getting Koulibaly or Sancho if both are on the market!

Last edited:
Ed Woodward: ""After a turbulent season, everyone @ManUtd is focussed on building towards the success that this great club expects + fans deserve. Preparations for + new season are well underway + underlying strength of business will allow us to fully support the manager as we look to future."

Overall revenue for 9 months to 31 March @ManUtd is £495.7m (up 5.9%). Net debt £301.7m. Wages £84.8m, up £9.7m on previous 12 months "primarily due to investment in the first team playing squad". Net finance costs £3.1m.

Still think we will have no problem getting Koulibaly or Sancho if both are on the market!
Don't think we can get both this summer. That along will take spending upto 200 Mn, and that is before accounting for their wages. And will need to pay them a ransom too, considering no CL. Still need a FB and CM, maybe 2. Think we will settle for younger versions of everyone. Although, if Pogba is sold, that's a whole different ball-game.

I reckon we will spend upto 200Mn. net this season. OR atleast, feel it will be around that.

The move looked dead about two days ago. Dortmund don't need the 100m because pulisic is going. Won't happen till next season at best

Last edited:
Don't think we can get both this summer. That along will take spending upto 200 Mn, and that is before accounting for their wages. And will need to pay them a ransom too, considering no CL. Still need a FB and CM, maybe 2. Think we will settle for younger versions of everyone. Although, if Pogba is sold, that's a whole different ball-game.

I reckon we will spend upto 200Mn. net this season. OR atleast, feel it will be around that.
Agree mate. But if we could afford all then I’m sure either would love to join.

Went for this lad in Jan as well. If we get him and Cherki that would be absolutely fantastic. Easily the 2 biggest talents u18 in France atm.

Manchester United have made a big offer for 16-year-old AS Monaco midfielder Hannibal Mejbri & are hoping to sign him for free. The teen is in a legal dispute with the Principality side over a contract until 2021 that is alleged not to have been ratified properly. (RMC)

Decent kit, but why are we feeding off something that happened in the last century? We slated Liverpool for years for "living in the past". Glazers being glazers & trying to suck people's hard earned by selling (cringey) nostalgia.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the Glazers. Adidas do the designs. Obviously aimed at certain things to maximize sales. The new black shirt has a rose design in the background because we wore a Rose on an FA Cup final shirt 110 years ago lol. The only way the Glazers would ever have a say on shirts is if the manufacturer wanted to do a Green/Gold (yellow) type shirt and would block that for obvious reasons.

What are toughs on getting Griezzman, remember some talk about him last windows.

What are toughs on getting Griezzman, remember some talk about him last windows.

i for one would have loved him here buthes off to barca.that deal has been in the works for a couple of summers now

When he’s playing with confidence, his best role is as a floating, playmaking 10. He’s predictable wide. You know exactly what he’s going to do. Look to cut inside on his right.

Some of the best matches i've seen from him was as a floating 10, like you said, but starting on the wings, with freedom to roam all over the pitch. I don't like him as a third wheel of a midfield three because his work off the ball is poor and he is not that great under pressure in that area.

My thoughts are 'get him'. He's a winner, he's competitive, a clinical finisher, a good passer, plays in 2 or 3 positions. Maybe top 5 in the world. But i believe his heart is set on going to Barça now.

Back