The Manchester United Thread

That's the problem when the club has just gone for big names for the last few seasons, some fans stop seeing the bigger picture. The transfer wrangling has barely started. Ole has already mentioned he wants to build a team which will grow together not the mismatch of 'stars' currently on offer.

Haven't they got enough problems with ego's already without signing another one!

I really hope we don't sign Rabiot. It's easy, and he's a free agent, making it more tempting. But there's a reason that clubs are avoiding him. He is a potential problem creator in the dressing room, and we don't have a strong culture within ours to temper Rabiot.

I really hope we don't sign Rabiot. It's easy, and he's a free agent, making it more tempting. But there's a reason that clubs are avoiding him. He is a potential problem creator in the dressing room, and we don't have a strong culture within ours to temper Rabiot.
Don't forget you will also get his mum who will also cause problems for her little darling... Let Everton have the problem.

Clubs aren’t avoiding him it’s well known Juve, Barca, Bayern and Spurs have all aquired about him. From what I’ve read on some PSG forums or posts on Reddit/Redcafe PSG are nearly as much to blame for his current situation there than he is. Yes they all tend to agree it’s all on him with the national team but not PSG. And from speaking with some of there fans the coaches don’t seem to have a problem with him. It’s Anterique who’s ****** that he wouldn’t except there terms on the contract the club offered him.

Obviously his mum is a problem but tbh all agents are. And there’s been reports he’s gonna cut ties anyway.

Last edited:
I don't even think he's that great regardless of the talked about attitude problems

Yup. He’s solid, nada else. People think “he plays for PSG, he must improve us” but he doesn’t elevate us at all. He’d be a cracking squad player but as if he’s going to come here to be a squad player; his name/rep exceeds his ability. If we really want a cheap player of that ilk, a workhorse #8 between DM & Pogba, then I would rather taking Rakitic off Barça’s hands on the cheap (would have to be v.cheap, given he’s 31 & we know their hand RE: De Jong coming in & know they’ll be willing to move him on). Again, age a question mark but he consistently covers one of the most ground in the league in recent years and shows no signs of slowing down in the near future. He’s basically an upgraded version of Herrera, IF that’s what we want.

But as you all know, I’d rather trigger Partey’s RC.

I don't even think he's that great regardless of the talked about attitude problems

Agreed. The only linked PSG player I want is meunier, and that's only because he represents a solid good all around option to the wild Dalot. And even then only if we fail on cancelo and AWB

Yup. He’s solid, nada else. People think “he plays for PSG, he must improve us” but he doesn’t elevate us at all. He’d be a cracking squad player but as if he’s going to come here to be a squad player; his name/rep exceeds his ability. If we really want a cheap player of that ilk, a workhorse #8 between DM & Pogba, then I would rather taking Rakitic off Barça’s hands on the cheap (would have to be v.cheap, given he’s 31 & we know their hand RE: De Jong coming in & know they’ll be willing to move him on). Again, age a question mark but he consistently covers one of the most ground in the league in recent years and shows no signs of slowing down in the near future. He’s basically an upgraded version of Herrera, IF that’s what we want.

But as you all know, I’d rather trigger Partey’s RC.

I'd trigger Partey's clause in a heartbeat

Linked with Maddison (along with the other 199 players, I know) - but I'm just saying, I'm by no means in support of this "British core" ideology ****, but if we were to sign some British players, then bar the unsignable ones (Sterling, Kane, etc.) then the only ones I'd take would be Wan-Bissaka, Sancho and Maddison - so I'm not displeasured at the links, unlike a lot of United fans. Created over 100 chances last year, most in the league if I'm not mistaken. Very techy & creative; something only Mata & Pogba offers our squad. The question would be where would he play. 4-2-3-1 with Pogba in a deeper role?

Last edited:
Linked with Maddison (along with the other 199 players, I know) - but I'm just saying, I'm by no means in support of this "British core" ideology ****, but if we were to sign some British players, then bar the unsignable ones (Sterling, Kane, etc.) then the only ones I'd take would be Wan-Bissaka, Sancho and Maddison - so I'm not displeasured at the links, unlike a lot of United fans. Created over 100 chances last year, most in the league if I'm not mistaken. Very techy & creative; something only Mata & Pogba offers our squad. The question would be where would he play. 4-2-3-1 with Pogba in a deeper role?
Leicester will ask for shed loads for Maddison, I wish United had gone for him last year as the price paid was in my view a bargain. Anyone who saw him play for Norwich and have subsequently seen him thrive since would agree. He isn't just a good creator of goals either he scores his fair share as well (something United's midfielder have lacked recently (Pogba on a good day excepted)) plus he is consistent unlike certain other midfielders who seem to blow hot and cold depending on their mood.

Leicester will ask for shed loads for Maddison, I wish United had gone for him last year as the price paid was in my view a bargain. Anyone who saw him play for Norwich and have subsequently seen him thrive since would agree. He isn't just a good creator of goals either he scores his fair share as well (something United's midfielder have lacked recently (Pogba on a good day excepted)) plus he is consistent unlike certain other midfielders who seem to blow hot and cold depending on their mood.

I know people like to say stuff like "our scouts need to be smarter, Maddison was there at Norwich" - but generally, that's how big clubs operate. They probably did take note of him, like a lot of promising players at the dead ends of the table/championship, but generally, like most big clubs, they'd prefer to be patient & see how sustainable their performance is when they up a level to their next "stepping stone" club. Saves a lot of time & cuts out a lot of risks. If it works out, & you're sure it's a good thing, then you spend the bucks required to take him to your club.

People who said over the years "Liverpool need to hire Southampton's scouts" - NO. Liverpool should always let the Southampton's of this world take risks in the foreign/lesser leagues, they most definitely should not go to Red Bull Salzburg and sign Mané, or to Celtic and sign Van Dijk, or Dundee Utd for Robertson - they let the lesser clubs take them in and expose them to the PL. And if they turn out to be the real deal, sign them - even if it is 2-3x more - that's the footballing pyramid.

Obviously some exceptions, and I hope Daniel James is one of them, but that's just my take on it.

Last edited:
I've been advocating for the signing of Maddison for a while. He's very talented, creative (led the league in key passes), and can play in about 3 positions on the field. Just needs to work in his game off the ball.

Last edited:
Looks like Meunier is definitely leaving PSG judging by his last interview

wait what
DiMarzio, Bouhafsi, SSN Italian all saying Juve have made enquires to Utd and Riola about Pogba. But only early stages. Amoyal saying Juve could afford him but would also be willing to include one of Dybala, Cancelo or Douglas Costa.

DiMarzio, Bouhafsi, SSN Italian all saying Juve have made enquires to Utd and Riola about Pogba. But only early stages. Amoyal saying Juve could afford him but would also be willing to include one of Dybala, Cancelo or Douglas Costa.
i would keep him for 1 more season and if hes still not got the hart for it let him go or cancelo plus 60m

Back