The Manchester United Thread

We should never let Pogba go. But if there's no other way around, we should look at one of Cancelo/Alex Sandro/Pjanic/Dybala/Bernardeschi.

It's rather worrying that there is absolutely no news of we are targeting (other than reports that have us going behind everyone who can kick a ball, of course). While normally, it would be good news that the club is trying to get something done in secret, I'm more worried now about them goofing it up than anything else.

Ruben Dias, James Maddison, Thomas Partey, Thomas Meunier and a RW would be ideal business for me. That is before any major outgoings (like Pogba, Lukaku etc). I'm thinking we can't get hold of de Ligt, Cancelo/wan Bissaka and the like. ****, I would be okay with no RW for the season if it means we can get Koulibaly. But apparently, Napoli are playing hardball, so that's a no-go. :/

It's rather worrying that there is absolutely no news of we are targeting (other than reports that have us going behind everyone who can kick a ball, of course). While normally, it would be good news that the club is trying to get something done in secret, I'm more worried now about them goofing it up than anything else.

Ruben Dias, James Maddison, Thomas Partey, Thomas Meunier and a RW would be ideal business for me. That is before any major outgoings (like Pogba, Lukaku etc). I'm thinking we can't get hold of de Ligt, Cancelo/wan Bissaka and the like. ****, I would be okay with no RW for the season if it means we can get Koulibaly. But apparently, Napoli are playing hardball, so that's a no-go. :/
No time to start worrying yet mate. Don’t think Pogba will leave this Summer. Especially with Eriksen and Hazrd off to Madrid.

No time to start worrying yet mate. Don’t think Pogba will leave this Summer. Especially with Eriksen and Hazrd off to Madrid.
I really hope so. Although, read on the Transfer thread that Bruno Fernandes could happen soon. Him and Daniel James would be a good start to the summer (I say this, but I haven't really seen James in action, but all reports about him seem positive). Hopefully, some news that the club is off to a decent start. I'm hoping we don't spend too much time chasing unattainable/unwanted superstars and land up with an egg on our face.

As for Pogba, apparently Juve are in for him too, so I don't know. I quite like a Dybala + cash for Pogba. Especially if we also get Maddison from Leicester too. Or a Dybala+Cancelo, but anyhow, player swap deals almost never happen. Notoriously complicated to pull off, so it's all just wild speculation.

Utd women make there 3rd signing of the Summer. Hayley Ladd from Birmingham can play defencive midfield or CB.

So, Hazard and Griezmann (both of them top 5 in my book) are valued around 100 -120 million. The same as João Félix, who has only one professional season under his belt. Roughly the same amount as Sancho is valued (also only one season of professional football). De Ligt will demand a staggering amount of money to sign with any club at this point.

We live in a crazy time where a 18 yrs old teenager with top ten potential in him will actually cost as many as a top 10 at the peak of his powers. It takes the old 'build for the future' under perspective.

On the other hand, with Buffon leaving, is very likely that PSG will try De Gea.

He can go if he won’t sign a new deal.

Looking forward to watching Joao Felix and Bruno Fernandes Tonight

So much talent in Portugal's squad. I regard Portugal, England and France as the national teams with the best new generation of players.

So, Hazard and Griezmann (both of them top 5 in my book) are valued around 100 -120 million. The same as João Félix, who has only one professional season under his belt. Roughly the same amount as Sancho is valued (also only one season of professional football). De Ligt will demand a staggering amount of money to sign with any club at this point.

We live in a crazy time where a 18 yrs old teenager with top ten potential in him will actually cost as many as a top 10 at the peak of his powers. It takes the old 'build for the future' under perspective.
Hazard has a year left on his contract, and isn't going to sign a new one. Griezmann has a RC. Both players have informed their clubs they want to leave, and the clubs' hands are tied. Oh, and also, Joao Felix is young, hasn't made any formal request to leave, Benfica are uner no obligation to sell, and are insisting on his RC, which is absurdly high to ensure that very few clubs even try.

These players are costing crazy high, because they are talented, already really good and their clubs are not really interested in selling. Age matters. Next year, Sancho may have a horrible season, and see his price drop down. Or may have a stormer, and see his valuation increase more. Comparing apples and oranges here - price depends more on just quality. RC, Time on contract all matters.

Oh, and if we are losing DDG, and I hate the fact that we potentially may, we should be going all in for either Donnarruma or Oblak.

Hazard has a year left on his contract, and isn't going to sign a new one. Griezmann has a RC. Both players have informed their clubs they want to leave, and the clubs' hands are tied. Oh, and also, Joao Felix is young, hasn't made any formal request to leave, Benfica are uner no obligation to sell, and are insisting on his RC, which is absurdly high to ensure that very few clubs even try.

These players are costing crazy high, because they are talented, already really good and their clubs are not really interested in selling. Age matters. Next year, Sancho may have a horrible season, and see his price drop down. Or may have a stormer, and see his valuation increase more. Comparing apples and oranges here - price depends more on just quality. RC, Time on contract all matters.

Oh, and if we are losing DDG, and I hate the fact that we potentially may, we should be going all in for either Donnarruma or Oblak.
Maybe Donnarama no chance to get Oblak unless you pay his release clause. Would rather sort the defence out and give Romero or Henderson a chance. Really like the look of that Mike Maignan from Lille. One of Europe’s top 5 gk last season and the best in la Ligue.

Griezmann has a 120 million release clause. It's price has nothing to do with the fact the he requested to leave.

Even if Hazard had renewd his contract, i doubt that his price would go much higher.

Both of them are winners and proven in Europa, in big leagues and in the international stage. João Félix played one season in a league where half of the teams are almost amateur.

He's talented, granted. But you wouldn't buy talented 18 yrs old for the price of a 27-28 elite player ten-five yrs ago.

Maybe Donnarama no chance to get Oblak unless you pay his release clause. Would rather sort the defence out and give Romero or Henderson a chance. Really like the look of that Mike Maignan from Lille. One of Europe’s top 5 gk last season and the best in la Ligue.
Isn't Donnarama's agent Raiola I wish no one would do business with that greedy *******. Should give Henderson a chance I was impressed with him at sheff

Isn't Donnarama's agent Raiola I wish no one would do business with that greedy *******. Should give Henderson a chance I was impressed with him at sheff
I would mate honestly. He’s been consistently good on loan for 2 seasons now. A huge part in there promotion and been good at international youth level.

I would mate honestly. He’s been consistently good on loan for 2 seasons now. A huge part in there promotion and been good at international youth level.

Only issue is it takes a lot of mental fortitude to be a gk at one of the big clubs. Especially with your defence you dont want the fans killing the confidence of a young gk when he inevitably makes a mistake.

..... Should give Henderson a chance I was impressed with him at sheff

That drop-off could well see Utd plummet out of the Europa League places never mind the CL spots.

de Gea, the past year aside, has been the one keeping them in the top 6 for long enough now. Going from one of the best in the World to a total novice at the highest level would be suicidal. Not least when you're not even bringing a kid into a stable situation to begin with.

Learning on the job is not a sound move when the position is one of the most important on the entire pitch.

Not much from Félix tonight. Solid performance from Fernandes. The game was a one-man show.

Not much from Félix tonight. Solid performance from Fernandes. The game was a one-man show.
2 including Shaqiri imo. Sounds like it’s PSG or Barca who are faves for De Ligt. According to both Amoyal and Bouhafsi. But Utd still in the mix. But both fully expect him to chose between the other 2 in the next days.

Be interesting on the CB front now. Will have to go for potential again. Or trust Tuanzebe.

Back