The Manchester United Thread

He’s decent, but the other centre half is DeLigtful

I think in terms of player legacy, and by that I mean going to a club best poised to win CL’s for an era, PSG would be a smarter destination than us or Barça. I think Tuchel will make the right adjustments for year 2 and they’ll be a proper force next season & seasons to come. But that’s just my opinion.

I think in terms of player legacy, and by that I mean going to a club best poised to win CL’s for an era, .....

Or he'd go play with his National team centre-half partner at club level.

If he wanted that.

Or he'd go play with his National team centre-half partner at club level.

If he wanted that.

Can't see it. Can't see Klopp blowing 80M on something he doesn't really need. Van Dijk + Gomez is a partnership for years. Also some some word he'd rather be the main man at the back, may not be that with Virg. Messi/Neymar situation.

Really interesting stat graphic here. Don't think he's the right player at all for us unless Pogba's sold. Basically, he's just a final third midfielder. He'll assist & score, and work hard, but there's not a lot else from a midfield perspective (tackling, controlling/pass volume, etc.)
D8dITe_X4AEUDYl.png

Really interesting stat graphic here. Don't think he's the right player at all for us unless Pogba's sold. Basically, he's just a final third midfielder. He'll assist & score, and work hard, but there's not a lot else from a midfield perspective (tackling, controlling/pass volume, etc.)
D8dITe_X4AEUDYl.png

I said some time ago that i'd take Ndombele over him.

Maybe he could play #10 in a 4-2-3-1 with Pogba deeper alongside a Matic/Partey type, but Idk. Pogba generally always wants to play as the license interior of a 3.

Maguire is so very good

Literally a donkey who cant defend in a back four to save his life. Wanders off out of position yet somehow us highly rated. Leicester shouldve taken the 60mil or whatever that he was going for last summer after the world cup hype.

Would never have taken him in our current situation mate. He's an upgrade on Rojo, Jones & probably Smalling too (I'm not that sure from a pure defensive angle, but overall) - but he's not anywhere near Koulibally, De Ligt, Skriniar, Umtiti etc. Would be a decent partner for any of them, but he's not going to elevate us in any way as the main man back there.

Think if we sign Fernandes will be used at the tip of a diamond as Ole played that **** loads last season. But he can easily play in a 3 Also.

Would never have taken him in our current situation mate. He's an upgrade on Rojo, Jones & probably Smalling too (I'm not that sure from a pure defensive angle, but overall) - but he's not anywhere near Koulibally, De Ligt, Skriniar, Umtiti etc. Would be a decent partner for any of them, but he's not going to elevate us in any way as the main man back there.

Absolutely. We already have that great second defender in Lindelof. Anyone we buy needs to be outright better than him otherwise it's a waste.

Think if we sign Fernandes will be used at the tip of a diamond as Ole played that **** loads last season. But he can easily play in a 3 Also.

I think the 4-diamond-2 is more for one off games. Vs. big teams where we're more focused on transition/hitting sides on the break. Think the Arsenal game (FA Cup). The modern equivalent of Fergie bringing in Fletcher for certain games.

Think we'll look to play a pacey, width-friendly, interchangeable front 3 most weeks.

I think the 4-diamond-2 is more for one off games. Vs. big teams where we're more focused on transition/hitting sides on the break. Think the Arsenal game (FA Cup). The modern equivalent of Fergie bringing in Fletcher for certain games.

Think we'll look to play a pacey, width-friendly, interchangeable front 3 most weeks.
Would love that!

Literally a donkey who cant defend in a back four to save his life. Wanders off out of position yet somehow us highly rated. Leicester shouldve taken the 60mil or whatever that he was going for last summer after the world cup hype.

Usual hype down to someone being English mate. John Stones, who Guardiola finally seems to have seen through the second half of last year, is another over hyped, over priced, mediocre defender.

Reading up, if Leicester are seriously looking at money Ajax won't even get for de Ligt for Maguire, then he's not leaving the East Midlands anytime soon.

Back