The Manchester United Thread

17:45

MATA OFFERED NEW DEAL
The Premier League's released and retained lists are coming thick and fast, with Manchester United confirming that Juan Mata will be offered a new deal.
Antonio Valencia and Ander Herrera have already signalled their intent to leave while James Wilson, Regan Poole, Zak Dearnley, Tom Sang, Callum Whelanand Matty Willock will also be leaving the club. They also missed Joshua Bohui and Callum Gribbin off the list.

Last edited:
Few decent moments in the first half for James. Had to be disciplined for most parts as Croatia are dominant in possession. But he’s had a couple of nice touches. And 2 great crosses one which led to Wales best chance. Oh and Bale fans can **** off! Absolutely garbage and doesn’t even have his pace anymore. Looks like an ex pro who just won’t give the game up.

Few decent moments in the first half for James. Had to be disciplined for most parts as Croatia are dominant in possession. But he’s had a couple of nice touches. And 2 great crosses one which led to Wales best chance. Oh and Bale fans can **** off! Absolutely garbage and doesn’t even have his pace anymore. Looks like an ex pro who just won’t give the game up.
Yeah, I'm praying Woodward still doesn't have a crush on him. Although, all of the recent rumours indicate we have cooled our interest, so good there. I'd rather not get anyone else on the RW than get Bale, on his wages and his age and injury record.

I'm just hoping they have finally got it into their thick skulls that a quick fix in terms of expensive indviduals will solve the problems at the club. Buying ready made expensive individuals may work for a short time but ultimately a good team is a mix of both stars and run of the mill squad players. Unfortunately however, Real Madrid seem to be in a similar position currently which has dare I say it inflated the market for all players.

I'm just hoping they have finally got it into their thick skulls that a quick fix in terms of expensive indviduals will solve the problems at the club. Buying ready made expensive individuals may work for a short time but ultimately a good team is a mix of both stars and run of the mill squad players. Unfortunately however, Real Madrid seem to be in a similar position currently which has dare I say it inflated the market for all players.
Yeah, for Woodward, the commercials matter more, I think. Them being quick fixes is incidental. Think the focus has been on superstars for merchandising/social/image/global rights. Which is kinda why I'm still a bit scared regarding Griezmann/Bale this summer. Especially since we can use the money elsewhere. But I think Sanchez has been a wake-up call, even for Woodward.

Oh well, lets see. We will get to know soon anyhow. James is a good start. If we can follow it up with someone to replace Herrera and a strong CB and RB, then it is an excellent summer.

Might get crucified for this, but I wouldn't be too opposed to the idea of Bale on loan for the season, then get Sancho the next. If we can get Sancho this season, great - if not, then a Bale loan wouldn't be a bad stop-gap. I know he was pretty **** last year but everyone in Madrid white was, he's just the scapegoat out there. He's disliked by Zidane & club, who would defo be open to just getting him away from the Bernabeu in any way, shape or form next season.

Might get crucified for this, but I wouldn't be too opposed to the idea of Bale on loan for the season, then get Sancho the next. If we can get Sancho this season, great - if not, then a Bale loan wouldn't be a bad stop-gap. I know he was pretty **** last year but everyone in Madrid white was, he's just the scapegoat out there. He's disliked by Zidane & club, who would defo be open to just getting him away from the Bernabeu in any way, shape or form next season.
Is Sneijder still available. God I hope you sign Bale would be the most Rick Parry sorry Ed Woodward signing ever. Yous lot need to move away from useless high profile signings how many times do you need to be messed about before utd learn there lesson. From Di Maria to Sanchez who you cant shift due to his wages.

Is Sneijder still available. God I hope you sign Bale would be the most Rick Parry sorry Ed Woodward signing ever. Yous lot need to move away from useless high profile signings how many times do you need to be messed about before utd learn there lesson. From Di Maria to Sanchez who you cant shift due to his wages.
Yeah, in no way, shape or form should we be signing Bale. Do not want him, either on loan for a season or permanently. There are tons of players we can get instead of him. Also, with his injury record, even a year long loan (everything else excluded) is a horrible option.

Oh god mate no!!! Plus his agent has reported today that he and his family are happy in Spain and he has no plans on leaving. Says it all to me! Enjoy the sun and golf while your injured!

Yeah, in no way, shape or form should we be signing Bale. Do not want him, either on loan for a season or permanently. There are tons of players we can get instead of him. Also, with his injury record, even a year long loan (everything else excluded) is a horrible option.
A loan deal where by Madrid continue to pay his wages and with a clause that allows him to get returned at any point wouldn't be so bad but if they think a loan deal in the same sort of workings as Falcao's then no way. A no risk deal may work in both United's and Bale's favour, just as long as no money changes hands.

A loan deal where by Madrid continue to pay his wages and with a clause that allows him to get returned at any point wouldn't be so bad but if they think a loan deal in the same sort of workings as Falcao's then no way. A no risk deal may work in both United's and Bale's favour, just as long as no money changes hands.
Yeah there’s absolutely no way they will do that. They will make us pay the full wages and his agent will still want a ridiculous fee. Thanks Bale but kindly do one!

Yeah there’s absolutely no way they will do that. They will make us pay the full wages and his agent will still want a ridiculous fee. Thanks Bale but kindly do one!
I don't want to see him at United either unless it was under those terms, even then they should think twice about it. Never really rated him, yes he is/was a decent player but in a very limited way, says a lot when a 30+ year old Ronaldo has easily outshone him in each of the last few seasons.

Madrid's whole reason is to get rid of Bale, and free up the wages. The loan deal you are mentioning is as good as having Bale in the RM team itself. Longstanding rumours have been that RM want Bale as part of any Pogba deal, which is a stupid deal on our part, if it were to happen. I would be more happy dealing with Juve, and getting Dybala + cash in return. But that is only if we lose Lukaku.

Madrid's whole reason is to get rid of Bale, and free up the wages. The loan deal you are mentioning is as good as having Bale in the RM team itself. Longstanding rumours have been that RM want Bale as part of any Pogba deal, which is a stupid deal on our part, if it were to happen. I would be more happy dealing with Juve, and getting Dybala + cash in return. But that is only if we lose Lukaku.
Exactly United don't need him, so why make someone else's rebuild easier.

I don't want to see him at United either unless it was under those terms, even then they should think twice about it. Never really rated him, yes he is/was a decent player but in a very limited way, says a lot when a 30+ year old Ronaldo has easily outshone him in each of the last few seasons.
While I don't prefer Bale, that is still an unfair comparision. A 30 year-old Ronaldo still outshines most players on the planet. More a testament to Ronaldo than anything else.

While I don't prefer Bale, that is still an unfair comparision. A 30 year-old Ronaldo still outshines most players on the planet. More a testament to Ronaldo than anything else.
Bale has been over rated for years even when at his best a 30 year old Ronaldo would have outshone him.

attachment.php

Rather take a punt on JAmes Rodriguez over bale at this point

Back