The Manchester United Thread

I'd keep Lukaku for another season if I was yous. Looks like Inter want to fob off Icardi and the circus him and his wife bring as part of any deal. Not worth it.

Rather take a punt on JAmes Rodriguez over bale at this point
Turfed out of Madrid and Bayern hmm. I've said it before one of the most overrated player whos living of that one goal in the worldcup. Looked so out of place when we played Bayern forgot he was even on the pitch.

The Mirror reporting we're interested in taking Bale on loan for 12 months with the option of a further 12 months XD Can only mean one of two things:

1- I'm psychic
2- Simon Mullock, who released the story, lurks FM Base

I'd keep Lukaku for another season if I was yous. Looks like Inter want to fob off Icardi and the circus him and his wife bring as part of any deal. Not worth it.
Naw, rumours were that Inter were interested in offering either Perisic or Icardi as part swap for Lukaku, but we turned them both down.

The Mirror reporting we're interested in taking Bale on loan for 12 months with the option of a further 12 months XD Can only mean one of two things:

1- I'm psychic
These rumours have been there since before the CL quarters. However, I dunno the journalist and how reliable he is, but this would be a pretty ****** option if true. Let Madrid suffer his wages, why the **** should someone make their life easier? Besides, Bale has stated repeatedly that he and his family is settled in Madrid. One can hope he sticks to his word.

Naw, rumours were that Inter were interested in offering either Perisic or Icardi as part swap for Lukaku, but we turned them both down.

These rumours have been there since before the CL quarters. However, I dunno the journalist and how reliable he is, but this would be a pretty ****** option if true. Let Madrid suffer his wages, why the **** should someone make their life easier? Besides, Bale has stated repeatedly that he and his family is settled in Madrid. One can hope he sticks to his word.
Mullocks not usually very reliable. Only really McDonnell has been right on a few Utd things lately.

Real Madrid's fans are a fcking disgrace to football. They've booed CR7 at the peak of his powers more than once. To the point that he had to publicly ask them not to.

Bale has to be analysed in this context. R. Madrid's is a toxic and competitive environment. In most clubs, after winning 3 ucl's and being decisive in 2 finals, people would idolize him.

In fact, he has 102 goals and 64 assists in 231 matches for Madrid. That's amazing. He has spent a lot of time in DM, but he's a great footballer, one of the best in the decade and people need to stop pretending that there's many more players better than him out there. Or that we can do much better than him.

Last edited:
Real Madrid's fans are a fcking disgrace to football. They've booed CR7 at the peak of his powers more than once. To the point that he had to publicly ask them not to.

Bale has to be analysed in this context. R. Madrid's is a toxic and competitive environment. In most clubs, after winning 3 ucl's and being decisive in 2 finals, people would idolize him.

In fact, he has 102 goals and 64 assists in 231 matches for Madrid. That's amazing. He has spent a lot of time in DM, but he's a great footballer, one of the best in the decade and people need to stop pretending that there's many more players better than him out there. Or that we can do much better than him.

Yeah, and let's put that in context. He has been a beast, yes. But he has been injured for more than that. Way more. I think he has played 30 games in a season, what, once since he moved there? Something like that. Whatever his record is, his injury record is worse.

Plus, he is 30. And on insane wages. Can we do much better than him? Yes, we can. Will he have an immediate impact? Maybe not. But atleast we won't be burdened with an injury plagued player past his best, on insane wages that don't really justify.

Right now, we have Sanchez as the face of things wrong with our transfer policy. We pull a Sanchez and get Bale, we are going to have to call it Bale from now on.

He is a great footballer. In fact, was. And yes, RM fans are a disgrace. But despite all that, I don't want us to be stuck with Bale for the next part of 3-4 years. When we cannot move him on, at all. And on his wages. Just look at how RM are struggling to move him on, as an example.

Oh, and also, he is past his best. So, yeah, nobody is pretending there are many players better than him. Fact of the matter is, there are. He was a beast, and his record at RM is pretty good. But he is past that now.

1- I'm psychic

There’s some mad things being reported by that paper today mate.

Like de Ligt’s alleged massive wage demands which would be nottin like that.

Yeah, and let's put that in context. He has been a beast, yes. But he has been injured for more than that. Way more. I think he has played 30 games in a season, what, once since he moved there? Something like that. Whatever his record is, his injury record is worse.

Plus, he is 30. And on insane wages. Can we do much better than him? Yes, we can. Will he have an immediate impact? Maybe not. But atleast we won't be burdened with an injury plagued player past his best, on insane wages that don't really justify.

Right now, we have Sanchez as the face of things wrong with our transfer policy. We pull a Sanchez and get Bale, we are going to have to call it Bale from now on.

He is a great footballer. In fact, was. And yes, RM fans are a disgrace. But despite all that, I don't want us to be stuck with Bale for the next part of 3-4 years. When we cannot move him on, at all. And on his wages. Just look at how RM are struggling to move him on, as an example.

Oh, and also, he is past his best. So, yeah, nobody is pretending there are many players better than him. Fact of the matter is, there are. He was a beast, and his record at RM is pretty good. But he is past that now.

I personally wouldn't see too much issue/risk in flogging Sanchez off to Inter, Atleti or whoever will take him & signing Bale on loan for a season as a stop-gap for someone like Sancho, if it's deemed: 'ok, let's spend big on defence and MF, get Bale on loan so we still have maximum budget to spend in other areas in Ole's first summer (CB, CM/DM, RB, maybe ST depending on Lukaku,, & then go in big again next summer on attack'.

People talk about his wages, but despite his big package, even if we paid 100% of his wages (I'd prefer if we agreed a 50-70% thing), we'd still be reducing the bill by getting him in as a result of Sanchez out.

I personally wouldn't see too much issue/risk in flogging Sanchez off to Inter, Atleti or whoever will take him & signing Bale on loan for a season as a stop-gap for someone like Sancho, if it's deemed: 'ok, let's spend big on defence and MF, get Bale on loan so we still have maximum budget to spend in other areas in Ole's first summer (CB, CM/DM, RB, maybe ST depending on Lukaku,, & then go in big again next summer on attack'.

People talk about his wages, but despite his big package, even if we paid 100% of his wages (I'd prefer if we agreed a 50-70% thing), we'd still be reducing the bill by getting him in as a result of Sanchez out.
You realise that we will be stuck paying a part of Sanchez's wages, no matter who we flog him out to? That, and not to mention, the wage structure. We already have the squad up in arms due to overpaying an underperforming Sanchez. Our solution can't be to flog Sanchez off, and repeat the process, albeit for a year. Bale's insane wages, even if it is for a year, and part too, will still break the wage structure.

Also, stop-gap, for a struggling side, is Bale? He has not been used to the PL's pace and physicality for more than four years now, is already 30, woefully out of form and extremely injury-prone. It would be a miracle if he got through half the season without some injury or other.

I'm failing to see any sort of positive. Also, no transfer fee? Sure. But there will be a loan fee paid for a year, and part of the crazy high wages. No thanks. I would rather get someone younger who can develop better. Better to take a punt on them rather than an overpaid Bale. Honestly, I would rather have no-one than get Bale and the problems that his arrival will cause in the squad.

Also, stop-gap for Sancho? There is practically no guarantee that we can get Sancho next year. There will be a lot of clubs in for him if he decides to move. I would rather get someone younger in now, and then if we do get Sancho, there is good competition for places.

Oh, also, Sanchez is on a lesser wage than Bale. Just putting that into perspective.

Absolutely no interest in Bale, stop gap OT otherwise. We need to stop with the expensive stop gaps, that's what's killing us. If we can't get the right we want, them leave it and reinforce all other areas. Rather have Lingard out there this wasting money on bale.

It’s not even just about the wages he would cost plus signing on loan fee. He’s what rejected us twice once under the same manager that clearly has never wanted him at Madrid and still continues to say now he doesn’t want to move. He’s an overpaid crock who has been out of form for god knows how long and is clearly on the decline and lost his most effective weapon(Pace) in about 42 appearances he got about 7gls and 3 assists last season. Not really going to be a huge difference maker. And tbh in the hustle and bustle of the prem we would be lucky to get half of that out of him.

****** **** stick with Mata, Lingard, Chong, Greenwood for a yr as a stop gap IF Sancho wants to come and strengthen all other areas. If we think it will be hard to get him next year sign someone like Lozano, Under, Neres, Bergwijn this year. **** if your looking for an experienced stop gap for a year get Robben before he goes back to Holland.

Last edited:
Both L, Equipe and the Times saying Utds prefered choice is AWB Palace refuse to budge on the supposed 70m fee. That’s why Meunier is a serious back up option for 22m.

I'd take Meunier in a heartbeat. The kind of player who could improve any team with his versatility and hardworking attitude

All i'm saying is that he shouldn't be treated as some old washed-up player that never fulfilled his potential. As you put it, he is a beast.

The argument about his wages are legit. We shouldn't get crazy to sign him. But we shouldn't dismiss him as an option either.

Also, Sanchez has nothing on him. Bale is an elite player and a winning machine. Again, this is the man who played 3 ucl finals, was decisive in 2 and motm in one of them. He was so good that, at one point, people actually believe he was in the same level as CR7. We just threw money out of the window with Sanchez, paying him like he was one or two levels above what he really is.

Bale has problems with injuries. That's a fact. He had particularly bad problems in 15/16 and 16/17 seasons, and he lost around 10 games last couple of seasons. That's a negative for sure.

As for his form, this season was a shitstorm ofr Madrid and no one apart Benzema really performed.

As for his age, he's an experienced player with a winning mentality. We don't have that. The competitive edge. Young players look up to him and he would be a clear technical leader in the team. Our current squad is so messed up in terms of hierarchy that Rashford somehow thinks that he deserves 200 k a week for scoring 10-15 goals per season.

Is all about cons and pros. And even if he shouldn't really be our first option, would be foolish not to consider him. That's all.

Back