The Manchester United Thread

I made a point before, i don't agree with spending in a teenager the same amount of money you'd spend in a top 10, except when said teenager is already a top 10 (Mbappe, for instance).

I absolutely don't care either way as long as we significantly upgrade CB in a way that's not 75m on Harry Maguire

If it’s not De Ligt, Maguire or Koulibaly then I would rather not sign a CB.
**** no. We need someone, even if it is somebody good with potential (like Dias). Can't go into the new season with Smallling/Jones/Rojo starting at CB, that's a recipe for disaster. Do not like Maguire, don't really see what he offers in a 2-man system. Any of de Ligt, Koulibaly or Alderweireld will do.

If it’s not De Ligt, Maguire or Koulibaly then I would rather not sign a CB.

Toby for 2-3 years. By then, we should know if Tuanzebe's going to be the real deal or not. By real deal I mean top bracket. Right now I'm 50-60% sold.

Toby for 2-3 years. By then, we should know if Tuanzebe's going to be the real deal or not. By real deal I mean top bracket. Right now I'm 50-60% sold.
We ain’t signing Toby though. That’s what I mean yes I like him like most do but we are not even interested in him Ole has made it clear the sort of age he’s looking at. And our new marketing campaign Youth, Courage, Success clearly backs that. Don’t see the point in signing another potential we have 1 top one already and Bailly and Lindelof have not even hit there peak yet. The 3 I mentioned will definitely improve us.

Good half from James when Giggs stoped trying him at ST experiment. Easily Wales most dangerous player. Couple of good crosses into the box 1 with each foot. 1 good run where he was fouled as they couldn’t catch him. And another where he just breezed past 2 players like nothing then cut inside and slotted a good ball to Lawrence who should of scored.

Been really impressed with his control of the ball at high speed. And for a short **** he’s got a good leap winning a few headers.

Here is the run that should of ended in an assist. Tbh he wasn’t even running at full pelt and still breezed past them https://twitter.com/themanutdway/status/1138529712970567680?s=21

Fecking **** Bale is **** and a greedy ****** ruined a chance for James to score. James has been top draw this second half it’s eitther hack him down or your toast and left for dead.

Lukaku after the match “I know where I will be playing next season, I must do what’s right for my career.”

Lukaku after the match “I know where I will be playing next season, I must do what’s right for my career.”

Can completely understand. One of the best goalscorers in the world, needs to be an undisputed starting #9 - just don't think he's going to get those privileges here under Ole.

Can completely understand. One of the best goalscorers in the world, needs to be an undisputed starting #9 - just don't think he's going to get those privileges here under Ole.
Yep. As proven with Belgium and other teams. Play to his strengths and give him service he will score a bucket load. Need an adequate replacement. Seen Dembele from Lyon and Sebastian Haller linked a lot.

Yep. As proven with Belgium and other teams. Play to his strengths and give him service he will score a bucket load. Need an adequate replacement. Seen Dembele from Lyon and Sebastian Haller linked a lot.

Both downgrades though. I like the thought behind some of Ole's transfers, but it can definitely go one of two ways... and I'm a little fearful this could potentially be an LvG 15/16 type window (bringing in players that don't elevate us at all) & undo the good work Jose done in improving squad quality. Hopefully he gets all his 1st choice targets, as I'm not convinced with the rumoured 2nd & 3rd choices.

Haller is great.
Ive been watching some of his interviews and he comes out like a cool, level-headed guy. Also some of his strengths are similar to Ibrahimovics.

Still, is he the man to lead the front line if Lukaku leaves?

Ive been watching some of his interviews and he comes out like a cool, level-headed guy. Also some of his strengths are similar to Ibrahimovics.

Still, is he the man to lead the front line if Lukaku leaves?
Haller is better at link-up play. As a single striker leading the line, I'm not sure. He isn't quick, but has good movement. I think he would be better suited to a 2-man striker system, or a single striker system where the wingers also come in to play to score goals. Our wingers seem to be having a little bit difficulty doing that at present.

Both downgrades though. I like the thought behind some of Ole's transfers, but it can definitely go one of two ways... and I'm a little fearful this could potentially be an LvG 15/16 type window (bringing in players that don't elevate us at all) & undo the good work Jose done in improving squad quality. Hopefully he gets all his 1st choice targets, as I'm not convinced with the rumoured 2nd & 3rd choices.

It's still a very long shot. But if Lukaku is leaving for 80m, why not Griezmann? There are very few forwards out there as good as Lukaku and available. And we're intent on doing a stupid marquee signing, might as well be him.

Back