The Manchester United Thread

I’d love Griezmann, and he’s practically nailed on to succeed wherever he goes. Any attacker who manages to consistently throw up elite numbers in a Simeone environment is the real deal. Also, I don’t get why people slate his behaviour/personality - Simeone says he adores him as a person before player, so don’t tell me he has any issues. If his personality and professionalism is good enough for a 1000000 ng/dL testosterone nutcase like Simeone, I’m sure it’s good enough for us.

Lukaku: "Conte is the best coach in the world for me, I love Italy, it will be an exciting Serie A with CR7, Sarri, Ancelotti, future? I have already made a decision"

He also said this.

"As for my future, I have already made a decision that I still cannot communicate publicly out of respect for Manchester United with whom I have a contract "

"My future? I have a contract with Manchester United, it's up to them to decide. I'll talk to the club and my agent to make the best decision, but in any case I am sure it will be a busy summer "

Going off Cruyff and Abidals latest quotes they have either lost patience with De Ligt it are trying to put serious pressure on him to make his decision ASAP!

Going off Cruyff and Abidals latest quotes they have either lost patience with De Ligt it are trying to put serious pressure on him to make his decision ASAP!

He’s PSG bound. Good decision for him too. Main man at the back, Silva successor and challenging for CL’s. Happy he’s not to afraid to upset the Cruyff Ajax/Barça cringefest. Think PSG are more equipped to be a CL fav in coming years than a Barça side with Messi in the way out.

He’s PSG bound. Good decision for him too. Main man at the back, Silva successor and challenging for CL’s. Happy he’s not to afraid to upset the Cruyff Ajax/Barça cringefest. Think PSG are more equipped to be a CL fav in coming years than a Barça side with Messi in the way out.

He's going to be on 400k a week too. solid money

I think in terms of player legacy, and by that I mean going to a club best poised to win CL’s for an era, PSG would be a smarter destination than us or Barça. I think Tuchel will make the right adjustments for year 2 and they’ll be a proper force next season & seasons to come. But that’s just my opinion.
^ Yep, but I really can't fault it as a career/footballing decision either.

^ Yep, but I really can't fault it as a career/footballing decision either.

Not often we disagree mate but if, and I can't see de Ligt going to France at all FWIW, he goes to Paris then that's Raiola driven and he's sold out WAY too soon down to pure financial greed.

There's no sound career move going to such a substandard league with absolutely zero competition, regardless of what you think they'll do in Europe going forward. (Can't see that either personally as PSG continue to just be a collection of individuals with no concept of what it takes to be an actual team at the highest level.). Which would be made all the more mad when you're at the start of a seriously promising career and have your pick of proper great clubs across Europe that would allow you to develop and fulfil that enormous potential.

Yeah PSG is a strange one for me. Especially after all his comments about being a guaranteed starter and looking for the biggest challenge. And that will pretty much kill any hopes of him playing for Barca if that’s the case.

Welcome to the #MUFC family, @Daniel_James_97
1f44b.png

3:05 PM - Jun 12, 2019

First video of James arriving at Carrington https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1138809517616050176?s=21

James signs for 5 years + option. OGS: "Daniel is an exciting young winger with lots of skills, vision, exceptional pace and a good work ethic. Has all attributes needed to become a top @ManUtd player."

James: "This is one of the best days of my life + challenge I am really looking forward to. This is an incredibly proud moment for me and my family, however, it is tinged with sadness that my father isn’t able to share this experience with us."

:(

Last edited:

Delighted to announce i am joining Manchester United as a Professional Scout. I would like to thank all the staff at Everton FC for their support over the last four and a half years,particularly Martin Waldron and Paul Johnson. I have enjoyed some great experiences.

Just nabbed Everton’s senior academy Scout.

Back