The Manchester United Thread

As an aside, I'd happily trade Lukaku off to Inter and get Pepe in return

As an aside, I'd happily trade Lukaku off to Inter and get Pepe in return
Isn't Pepe a right sided Inside Forward? Or can he play up-top too? If he can inter-change positions easily, then Rashford and Pepe in the same team would be rather dynamic and very good indeed.

Isn't Pepe a right sided Inside Forward? Or can he play up-top too? If he can inter-change positions easily, then Rashford and Pepe in the same team would be rather dynamic and very good indeed.

he can play up top too, though predominantly an inside forward. Martial, Rashford and him would make a very fluid and very quick front three, He's got much better off the ball movement than Martial, so is much more impactful in a possession game against a deep defence. If we get that marauding full back for width, he solves the right wing issue too

Luxury in terms of I don't personally agree with the need for Barcelona in context with everything else mate.

Fully with you on him being a top echelon player and what you posted on his 'perceived' attitude the other day.

Pepe, who'll probably go for more €50/60 million than the reported €71 M (that's just a starting point to bargain down from), would be a great addition to most any club's arsenal. Really like everything he brings. And he never misses game time which is another massive plus.
To define to everyone else how little game time he misses: started 37 out of 38 league games last season, wasn't injured once, and was subbed off in 3 of them, missing a total of 15 minutes in those subbed off games

he can play up top too, though predominantly an inside forward. Martial, Rashford and him would make a very fluid and very quick front three, He's got much better off the ball movement than Martial, so is much more impactful in a possession game against a deep defence. If we get that marauding full back for width, he solves the right wing issue too
I don't think we have had a fluid front three ever since Tevez and Ronaldo left. That Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez combination was lethal. I would actually be pretty interested in this, then. If you add a potential goal threat from midfield (Bruno Fernandes?), a good RB (AwB, I presume) and a CB (I honestly don't care, don't want Maguire) and that's a really, really good summer. And if we get those targets, that's probably the best summer we have had in ages.

We do need a midfield ticker, one who can retain and cycle possession around, while shielding the defence. I honestly like Partey, and I'm surprised teams haven't moved in for him yet, despite his relatively cheap RC.

I don't think we have had a fluid front three ever since Tevez and Ronaldo left. That Ronaldo-Rooney-Tevez combination was lethal. I would actually be pretty interested in this, then. If you add a potential goal threat from midfield (Bruno Fernandes?), a good RB (AwB, I presume) and a CB (I honestly don't care, don't want Maguire) and that's a really, really good summer. And if we get those targets, that's probably the best summer we have had in ages.

We do need a midfield ticker, one who can retain and cycle possession around, while shielding the defence. I honestly like Partey, and I'm surprised teams haven't moved in for him yet, despite his relatively cheap RC.

If we are doing that young, hungry and super talented thing, then Ndombele is surely the answer for the midfield ticker, him or Partey (or both if Pogba is going)

Question to everyone on here, not just United fans:

If you could, would you lose Pogba to gain Ndombele, Partey and Bruno Fernandes?

If we are doing that young, hungry and super talented thing, then Ndombele is surely the answer for the midfield ticker, him or Partey (or both if Pogba is going)

If you could, would you lose Pogba to gain Ndombele, Partey and Bruno Fernandes?
Yes 100%

DDG

AWB-Maguire-Lindelof-Shaw
Ndombele-Partey-Fernandes
?-Rashford-Martial

Looks pretty good to me. Not sure the right winger. Sancho the dream, Pepe agent said he wants CL footy. Maybe Lozano?

For all 3 I'd snap your hand off

It's actually a tough choice. Ability-wise, Pogba is aces. He is a beast. Easily above Fernandes. Especially since he has, more often than not, been asked to do the defensive work, which is not his forte, but still tends to have decent numbers. But the problem is his mentality, not to mention the agent. Because of that, yes, I would actually lose Pogba for those three.

Juventus’s Sporting Director Fabio Paratici has travelled to the London offices of Manchester United for face-to-face talks over the potential transfer of Paul Pogba, according to Sky in Italy.

I think I would too, although I'd prefer Partey-Ndombele-Pogba.

However, if we sold Pogba, I don't trust our ******* club to sign them. Probably start vs. Chelsea with a Matic--Rabiot/McTominay--Bruno midfield.

With those 3 you could play a 4-2-3-1 with Fernandes behind the striker. No need for this midfield 3 **** to accommodate Pogba. Plus if Fernandes played anywhere near like he did last season I don't think Pogba could match them numbers anyway. Would also allow Mata to play his best position when rotated in (if he signs) instead of completely changing the system or shoehorning him out wide.

I would take 130 tbh. Or a cash plus Dybala offer.
150 or Cash + Dybala can work. Only if we can get a good enough midfield. I'd hate for us to sell Pogba and end up with Rabiot/Gueye. Partey and Fernandes would be a good way to go, though. Doubt we can get Ndombele, honestly.

With those 3 you could play a 4-2-3-1 with Fernandes behind the striker. No need for this midfield 3 **** to accommodate Pogba. Plus if Fernandes played anywhere near like he did last season I don't think Pogba could match them numbers anyway. Would also allow Mata to play his best position when rotated in (if he signs) instead of completely changing the system or shoehorning him out wide.
People are still expecting way too much from Fernandes from the get-go. His output was excellent, yes, but it was also in Portugal. Premier League is a whole different ball-game, and whoever gets him needs to have the expectation tempered accordingly too, until he gets used to the pace.

Oh, also, I rate Pogba above Fernandes as I mentioned before. Hands down. He is a beast. Somehow, he never clicked for us. But there is a reason he is still worth that much amount of money. Only thing I don't like is the attitude. And Raiola.

Back