The Manchester United Thread

My issue isn't with him on the pitch. It's the constant noises he's not happy, but vague noises too. Make a decision either way.

On the pitch it's easier. If you're keeping him you sign two of partey, ndombele and fernandes and you're done
I still blame Raiola for most of that. All of his clients tend to throw things out of the pram at the first opportunity, are purposefully vague and tend to drag on whatever they want to do for the longest. Sigh. Fergie had it right, as usual, the man is a stain.

Us apparently chasing Longstaff is why I worry about how we’d use Pogba’s fee.

Us apparently chasing Longstaff is why I worry about how we’d use Pogba’s fee.

Disagree Ive watched a couple Newcastle games because of Rafa and im telling you Longstaff will be an excellent player. Got injured just as he was starting to get going. Also hasn't really been moulded yet into a midfield role but he brings energy and is good on the ball too. This is the perfect type of signing for you guys. A hungry youngster with room to improve and a high ceiling.

Disagree Ive watched a couple Newcastle games because of Rafa and im telling you Longstaff will be an excellent player. Got injured just as he was starting to get going. Also hasn't really been moulded yet into a midfield role but he brings energy and is good on the ball too. This is the perfect type of signing for you guys. A hungry youngster with room to improve and a high ceiling.

He'd be a good little signing to boot with Pogba & co., not to replace. That's what I'm worried about. Only because of how hard the club have emphasized some British ideology ***** in recent times. He'd be the Daniel James of CM's in terms of what should be expected from him; young, cheap and could mould into something - not thrown into the deep end and expected to fill Pogba's boots. He should replace say Pereira or McTominay's squad role.

There’s no top 6 club ceiling there mate.

Same with his cousin, or whatever relation he is, Louis, at r’s we took from Newcastle a couple of years ago. (Winger the 18’s/ 23’s.).

Both tidy players but little to separate them the highest level.

Longstaff would be a great signing with potential. Literally a Carrick clone. I’ve seen him **** loads and a fair few times live. Agree he’s not quick but his positioning in very good. And his passing of both feet is superb long and short. For reported 20+ add ons presents good value imo. Could be worth double in 2/3 seasons.

If our next signings are Longstaff, AWB, Fernandes I would be very happy with the start to our window.

Last edited:
Considering we have apparently informed Matic we won't stand in the way if he needs to leave, that is worrying. While Longstaff might be a really good talent (like dilakh says), it's still something else to throw him on the deep end. I haven't seen him much, so I can't really say, but it seems very risky to me.

Also, last I heard, wasn't he staying back to Newcastle, due to their takeover or something like that?

Again I'd rather promote our own youngsters to these squad places and use that money to sign players to go straight into the first team. Have we really not got a player to promote full time instead of spending £15 on James and why not promote TFM instead of buying longstaff? That 30-40m could buy an established player to replace herrera.

As a fan it's hard. I like the approach of buying talent instead of mercenaries but I also don't see the point in buying players of a similar age to what we have that are just as good to step up.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Again I'd rather promote our own youngsters to these squad places and use that money to sign players to go straight into the first team. Have we really not got a player to promote full time instead of spending £15 on James and why not promote TFM instead of buying longstaff? That 30-40m could buy an established player to replace herrera.

As a fan it's hard. I like the approach of buying talent instead of mercenaries but I also don't see the point in buying players of a similar age to what we have that are just as good to step up.

While in theory it works, practically, might not. I don't think even TFM knows his correct position - think the guy has been shuffled around CB/RB/CDM. I reckon a utility man role, at best. As for James, on the left, I honestly can't think of too many people to promote. From what I know, the ones good enough to push for a first team (training or w/e) role would be Chong, Garner, Greenwood, Gomes, Tuanzebe, Henderson. And even there, I doubt Garner is ready. None of them are polished enough, yet. I reckon a loan move or two would help, provided it is in the right team.

That being said, I'm not too sure about Longstaff, but oh well, let's see. Also, kinda hoping we don't sell Fred just yet, hold on to him and see what he does in his second season.

TFM is recovering from a bad injury and surgery. And is not even played at CM in his adult career, maybe 1 game actually. Other than him there is literally no one to come from the u23s. Only one is maybe Hamilton but there on about loaning him to the championship. Garner is only 17. So not to many options and at 20-25m don’t see the problem. We have Chong but not sure last I heard Nicky **** mentioned a loan for him maybe abroad. Maybe why we signed James.

It's almost like Ole and Phelan are better prepared for Brexit with these British transfer targets moreso than Britain itself.

Oh and hi everyone. I'm back... I think.

It's almost like Ole and Phelan are better prepared for Brexit with these British transfer targets moreso than Britain itself.

Oh and hi everyone. I'm back... I think.
Hello zZ. WB. And anyhow, Sky themselves (who first featured the story) now apparently have refuted it. Young, British talent means we will be linked everywhere. Dunno if we will still end up with him, but if we lose Pogba and end up with Longstaff and Fernandes, that will be a very underwhelming midfield for me.

Last edited:
I would love Tielmans at United, he has been great for Leicester and really looks like he could step his game up a few levels in coming seasons.

AWB is a great talent but still a bit unsure why we sign him with Dalot and Laird, seems like sacrificing 2 for 1 almost.

I would love Tielmans at United, he has been great for Leicester and really looks like he could step his game up a few levels in coming seasons.

AWB is a great talent but still a bit unsure why we sign him with Dalot and Laird, seems like sacrificing 2 for 1 almost.
Thats the problem with having change management so often. Ole might not fancy Dalot 100% and see him more as a utility RB/LB,RW. Then have AWB and Laird coming through later. Maybe?

Thats the problem with having change management so often. Ole might not fancy Dalot 100% and see him more as a utility RB/LB,RW. Then have AWB and Laird coming through later. Maybe?

One thing I can say is that AWB seems much better defensively than Dalot has been for us. I've actually been more impressed with Dalot going forward rather than defensively, which I guess isn't good for a RB.

Back