The Manchester United Thread

I think I would too, although I'd prefer Partey-Ndombele-Pogba.

However, if we sold Pogba, I don't trust our ******* club to sign them. Probably start vs. Chelsea with a Matic--Rabiot/McTominay--Bruno midfield.
That’s the dream. But which pogba are we gonna get? If we can get cancelo and cash out of it to get them, that’s a net gain. Rabiot shouldn’t be anywhere near our side.

To be honest if we sold Pogba for anywhere near whats reported I'd still be more than happy spending it on Doucoure, Tielemens and Rakitic. At least they would put the effort in every week.

Good luck to Matty Willock who will be joining League One side Gillingham following his release from Manchester United.

People are still expecting way too much from Fernandes from the get-go. His output was excellent, yes, but it was also in Portugal. Premier League is a whole different ball-game, and whoever gets him needs to have the expectation tempered accordingly too, until he gets used to the pace.

Oh, also, I rate Pogba above Fernandes as I mentioned before. Hands down. He is a beast. Somehow, he never clicked for us. But there is a reason he is still worth that much amount of money. Only thing I don't like is the attitude. And Raiola.

The player we should expect is the one that plays for Portugal national team, not the one from Sporting. Very industrious player, but not on Pogba's level.

I think I would too, although I'd prefer Partey-Ndombele-Pogba.

However, if we sold Pogba, I don't trust our ******* club to sign them. Probably start vs. Chelsea with a Matic--Rabiot/McTominay--Bruno midfield.
Partey-Ndombele-Pogba. Too good to be true.

Dacoure, Tielemans and Rakitic is a terrible Midfield compared to Ndombele, Partey, Fernandes.
Who said I was comparing it to them FFS. I just said I'd even take them 3 for the price of pogba if it came down to it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

How is the guy with most duels won and distance covered in the squad lazy?
Covering the most distance in that squad last season is hardly anything to shout about. Also distance covered doesn't tell the story as well you know if you watched the games. A mile ran in 3 minutes and a mile walked in an hour is still a mile.

Who said I was comparing it to them FFS. I just said I'd even take them 3 for the price of pogba if it came down to it.

Still awful lol. We would be worse off in terms of CM. Least with the other 3 you would be getting genuine quality. Not one that sucked at Monaco and had half a dozen good games for Leicester. Rakitic is defo on the decline and wouldn’t handle the prem at all imo especially the way teams press like made. Dacoure would be a good replacement for Herrera I guess.

Everyone was **** at Monaco when he was there lol

Tielemans is class act player. He just needed more time and in few years you will be craving for him.

All this Pogba talk and I find it alarming how one player can be so crucial to your midfield/creativity etc... even that you don't even know which Pogba will show up game by game.

All this Pogba talk and I find it alarming how one player can be so crucial to your midfield/creativity etc... even that you don't even know which Pogba will show up game by game.

Problem with Pogba is he's a mercurial, high risk, creative player before he's an efficient, simplistic primary passer/controller - but he's tasked with and judged on doing everything. A paradox.

Mercurial players have off days, but can turn a cold performance around in one moment with a jawdropping pass, skill or goal. It's up to the true primary passers a little deeper to keep the game ticking & flowing in earlier phases, to keep United as the dominant possession team, to keep getting Pogba on the ball between the lines/on that left half space, letting him drive in transition, link it, try things, etc. - You basically carry Pogba on his off-day and in return, you get X-factor & a gamebreaker. And when he's on it, you have a player who contributes to every phase of play and is simply untouchable. Issue is, we only have the environment for him to flourish in the latter scenario, not the former. Pirlo & Vidal compensated for him at Juve. If he was off it, they still controlled games & gave him the platform to be the difference maker. We don't have that. He's expected to be the 6, 8 & 8.5/10.

He's expected to be the 6, 8 & 8.5/10.

Yes... Yes He is.
You comb your hair back and tell the world you are the best, you better **** well show it on the park.
You shut the **** up and kill the opposition every game? Then you can tell us all how ******* amazeballs your brand is.

Yes... Yes He is.
You comb your hair back and tell the world you are the best, you better **** well show it on the park.
You shut the **** up and kill the opposition every game? Then you can tell us all how ******* amazeballs your brand is.

This makes zero sense.

Problem with Pogba is he's a mercurial, high risk, creative player before he's an efficient, simplistic primary passer/controller - but he's tasked with and judged on doing everything. A paradox.

Mercurial players have off days, but can turn a cold performance around in one moment with a jawdropping pass, skill or goal. It's up to the true primary passers a little deeper to keep the game ticking & flowing in earlier phases, to keep United as the dominant possession team, to keep getting Pogba on the ball between the lines/on that left half space, letting him drive in transition, link it, try things, etc. - You basically carry Pogba on his off-day and in return, you get X-factor & a gamebreaker. And when he's on it, you have a player who contributes to every phase of play and is simply untouchable. Issue is, we only have the environment for him to flourish in the latter scenario, not the former. Pirlo & Vidal compensated for him at Juve. If he was off it, they still controlled games & gave him the platform to be the difference maker. We don't have that. He's expected to be the 6, 8 & 8.5/10.

My issue isn't with him on the pitch. It's the constant noises he's not happy, but vague noises too. Make a decision either way.

On the pitch it's easier. If you're keeping him you sign two of partey, ndombele and fernandes and you're done

Covering the most distance in that squad last season is hardly anything to shout about. Also distance covered doesn't tell the story as well you know if you watched the games. A mile ran in 3 minutes and a mile walked in an hour is still a mile.

What about duels won?

Back