The Manchester United Thread

One thing I can say is that AWB seems much better defensively than Dalot has been for us. I've actually been more impressed with Dalot going forward rather than defensively, which I guess isn't good for a RB.
Good to have good competition at RB for god knows how long.

Laird isn't even closed to bring ready to rotate in at full back for top 6, let alone the obvious target of getting back champions league football and the longer goal of titles and beyond. 5th choice full back is where he belongs.

FFP kicks in again in 2 weeks, most clubs will be balancing books, especially with trying to get players out before then. Expect most deals to try and happen quickly after. The club wanted two centre minds before Pogba. I doubt we'll stay with just two if he goes.

It's almost like Ole and Phelan are better prepared for Brexit with these British transfer targets moreso than Britain itself.

Oh and hi everyone. I'm back... I think.

This should be the end of it. It won't be held against you, but Do not make the moderators do it again. We'd be a lot less lenient a second time round

De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; McTominay, Fernandes, Pogba; James, Rashford, Martial
What would reaction of #MUFC fans be if this was the starting XI next season?https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchesterunited/man-utd-fans-demand-real-madridstyle-transfer-spree-but-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-has-other-plans-a4167846.html …

Still weak in midfield with numbers.

Rather stick with what we have than buy Maguire.

Asking a lot of James, I'd rotate him and Lingard tbh

Last edited:
I still don't get the hype around Maguire, he gets exposed in a 2 man defence. Yet people seem to believe he is the second coming of Ferdinand. :/ Either that, or England is so starved of defenders playing from the back that they automatically elevate anyone who does.

Like I've maintained, wouldn't be happy with Maguire, if we do get him. Also, highly doubt James starts. Unless we get noone at RW, in which case, I don't know//

I still don't get the hype around Maguire, he gets exposed in a 2 man defence. Yet people seem to believe he is the second coming of Ferdinand. :/ Either that, or England is so starved of defenders playing from the back that they automatically elevate anyone who does.

Like I've maintained, wouldn't be happy with Maguire, if we do get him. Also, highly doubt James starts. Unless we get noone at RW, in which case, I don't know//

I wouldn't be opposed to taking in Maguire if he was value-for-money, which he isn't. He's a 30-40M CB. I'm scratching my head as to why someone at Old Trafford thinks 100-110M is too much for Kouli but 80M is acceptable for Maguire.

RMC reporting we have made an offer of 3.5m£ for Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco after his court appeal for contract termination was turned down. Hope this and Cherki gets done!

I wouldn't be opposed to taking in Maguire if he was value-for-money, which he isn't. He's a 30-40M CB. I'm scratching my head as to why someone at Old Trafford thinks 100-110M is too much for Kouli but 80M is acceptable for Maguire.
cos the club is owend and run by utter **** wits

Tbf. I don't think we're actually trying to get involved with Maguire. It's just being drummed about because we're looking for a centre back

I think it will move quicker once de Ligt gets resolved. Which, btw, has dragged on for too long. Raiola seems to love the publicity, but it has already become a farce.

Also, moving away from the Pogba speculation, I don't know if we can manage it, but what do people think about Neves for our midfield ticker? He just seems like a really solid player, can shield the defence through his interceptions and initiate attacks (kinda like Carrick). Because, we don't seem interested in Partey (which is strange, this situation seems similar to how we lost Fabinho, where he wanted to move, we weren't interested and ultimately lost out on a really good player), and I don't think we can get Ndombele.

I don't know if we can manage to prise Neves from Wolves, but I'd love to see that happen.

Don’t think there’s any chance of getting Neves. Not linked with anyone and looks happy there. Sure Mendes will have a plan for him if he has another good season.

Some reports say that we're trying Lo Celso. He's a great CM with lots of potential. I'd get behind this.

As for Maguire, he's nowhere Koulibaly or Varane's level, but he's no ***** either. He's on Stones level, and could be even better. He would def help. He's better than the CB's we have. We can't start a new season without a solid CB pair.

Issa Diop would be cheaper & younger alternative for Manchester United than Kalidou Koulibaly or Harry Maguire. £45m offer was discussed plus a United player. United players offered were both defenders. West Ham not interested

Latest reports claim that Pogba is ready to go on strike to force a move (although, apparently, it's from Spain, so it could be RM machinery at work). I honestly don't care either ways whether he stays or goes. If he stays, we get Pogba in our midfield for atleast one more season. If he goes, good, as long as we replace him properly.

However, I would like that we don't baulk from our demands of over 150 Mn. No matter what Pogba or Raiola does. If he goes on strike, well, too bad. RM can either pay the money, or **** off. There are 3 years left on his contract, so not a risk of him running it down too. Don't need a player from RM too (unless it's Varane), so 150 Mn+ or bust should be our stance. And apparently, Glazers have informed Raiola that Pogba is not up for sale, so good that someone is taking a tough stance (although, it is more for marketing reasons than anything else)

Latest reports claim that Pogba is ready to go on strike to force a move (although, apparently, it's from Spain, so it could be RM machinery at work). I honestly don't care either ways whether he stays or goes. If he stays, we get Pogba in our midfield for atleast one more season. If he goes, good, as long as we replace him properly.

However, I would like that we don't baulk from our demands of over 150 Mn. No matter what Pogba or Raiola does. If he goes on strike, well, too bad. RM can either pay the money, or **** off. There are 3 years left on his contract, so not a risk of him running it down too. Don't need a player from RM too (unless it's Varane), so 150 Mn+ or bust should be our stance. And apparently, Glazers have informed Raiola that Pogba is not up for sale, so good that someone is taking a tough stance (although, it is more for marketing reasons than anything else)

Let me guess, it's in Marca?

Issa Diop would be cheaper & younger alternative for Manchester United than Kalidou Koulibaly or Harry Maguire. £45m offer was discussed plus a United player. United players offered were both defenders. West Ham not interested

Mate. Again, sources? Please for the love of God link the first hand source

Back