The Manchester United Thread

From Stoney BBC: Pogba to reporters in Tokyo. “I have in Manchester 3 years; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

From Stoney BBC: Pogba to reporters in Tokyo. “I have in Manchester 3 years; some good moments and some bad moments, like everybody. I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else."

I don't want the club to hold on to Pogba and Lukaku needlessly so we have to sit and smile whilst they are here for more seasons than they even want to be.

I've said this all along, the sooner they are gone the better for this club moving forward, everyone knows its a big rebuild so lets just move on.

I don't want the club to hold on to Pogba and Lukaku needlessly so we have to sit and smile whilst they are here for more seasons than they even want to be.

I've said this all along, the sooner they are gone the better for this club moving forward, everyone knows its a big rebuild so lets just move on.
I don't mind either of them leaving. As long as its on our terms. And thankfully enough, the club seems to be sticking to their guns.

I honestly don't mind if we do not sell either of them this season also, prices are not going to drop next season, considering the years left on their contracts, and we can focus completely on replacing them (instead of during the rebuild).

Agree. Despite the club clearly briefing that he won’t be sold and will be here next season, after the lastest comments what’s the point!

I don't mind either of them leaving. As long as its on our terms. And thankfully enough, the club seems to be sticking to their guns.

I honestly don't mind if we do not sell either of them this season also, prices are not going to drop next season, considering the years left on their contracts, and we can focus completely on replacing them (instead of during the rebuild).

This. We always complain we don't get good prices. That's because we don't stick to our guns. Absolutely backing Woodward on this for once. 150m and 80m are actually pretty good and fair prices given the state of the market. Meet this or **** off. The club has enough money to sign players without selling them. So we're in a strong position

Great mentality and attitude: Henderson: “I‘d give my right leg to play for this football club. That has been my dream since I was a little boy, being a fan. I'm working hard in the background and waiting for any little opportunity that comes. If it does, I’ll take it for the next 10-15 years.” #mufc

Absolutely love Pogba and think he's great and can probably become even better BUT no point in trying to keep someone who doesn't really want to be here..

I agree with Mike. Pay what we ask for or gtfo. Otherwise we'll just be a middle point for players to go for Real or Barca.

In another hand, we'll have lost Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini. We have to rebuild our midfield, and i'm afraid we'll end up with Longstaff, Gueye and Tielemans or something like that.

Last edited:
I agree with Mike. Pay what we ask for or gtfo. Otherwise we'll just be a middle point for players to go for Real or Barca.

In another hand, we'll have lost Pogba, Herrera and Fellaini. We have to rebuild our midfield, and i'm afraid we'll end up with Longstaff, Gueye and Tielemans or something like that.

We basically replaced Fellaini with McTominay. Herrera we need someone like tielemans, ndombele etc. Which were looking to get so I'm happy on that front. We need another player like that. And if Pogba goes Bruno fernandes becomes key.

Despite Pogba potentially leaving. Least the players are there to rebuild our CM and have actually made enquires to do so if Pogba leaves.

This. We always complain we don't get good prices. That's because we don't stick to our guns. Absolutely backing Woodward on this for once. 150m and 80m are actually pretty good and fair prices given the state of the market. Meet this or **** off. The club has enough money to sign players without selling them. So we're in a strong position

I get that side of thinking, but in this situation what would SAF do? Get rid of them immediately to stabilise the dressing room.

Thinking about this from Solskjaer's point of view... he's going to have key parts of the dressing room who don't even want to be here and will not put the effort in when to matters just like last season. For me they have got to go, this summer is the best possible chance with all the players on the move to get good replacements.

If we go in to next season with these clowns we're screwed before we even start, Solskjaer needs to build with a team that is fully behind him.

I get that side of thinking, but in this situation what would SAF do? Get rid of them immediately to stabilise the dressing room.

Thinking about this from Solskjaer's point of view... he's going to have key parts of the dressing room who don't even want to be here and will not put the effort in when to matters just like last season. For me they have got to go, this summer is the best possible chance with all the players on the move to get good replacements.

If we go in to next season with these clowns we're screwed before we even start, Solskjaer needs to build with a team that is fully behind him.

It's ironic you mention what Ferguson would you when you've been complaining that the club keep looking to the past. He'd have still make sure the club came out on top, which is what they are trying to do here. They are absolutely right to get the most from them, they are on long contracts. Every other big clubs would do the same. If you want to be taken seriously its about time we did.

The dressing room is fine. United have set the right price, so they've done their part.

I'm not sure you're actually thinking this through logically.

Lukaku at the very least is actually very professional.

I'm not sure you're actually thinking this through logically. To get rid of someone, you need someone to buy them... And its two players, who United can largely get round with their transfers anyway. United's transfers are not predicated on selling players. Solskjaer is the one who told Lukaku he can leave, I'm pretty sure he's happy with the front the club is taking

Last edited:
I'm not sure you're actually thinking this through logically. To get rid of someone, you need someone to buy them... And its two players, who United can largely get round with their transfers anyway. United's transfers are not predicated on selling players. Solskjaer is the one who told Lukaku he can leave, I'm pretty sure he's happy with the front the club is taking

I can see it from both sides of the coin to be fair....

If he's told Lukaku that he can leave and then the club keeps him then I don't think he would be all that happy, as he clearly doesn't fit into his plans next season. Bit awkward if you end up with players into the next season who you said can leave.

I do think we look into the past too much but at times like this there are parts of SAF's reign where he was usually spot on.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't been spreading this throughout second half of last season as well through cryptic comments, it's just tiring having players who you know don't even want to be here.

I can see it from both sides of the coin to be fair....

If he's told Lukaku that he can leave and then the club keeps him then I don't think he would be all that happy, as he clearly doesn't fit into his plans next season. Bit awkward if you end up with players into the next season who you said can leave.

I do think we look into the past too much but at times like this there are parts of SAF's reign where he was usually spot on.

It wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't been spreading this throughout second half of last season as well through cryptic comments, it's just tiring having players who you know don't even want to be here.

He's told him he's not going to be first choice, that the attack will be built around Rashford. So Lukaku wants to be first choice elsewhere. Which is fair, and United arent stopping him, They just won't get ripped off in the market. There's only one place he's going and that's Inter really, Juve at stretch if Inter can't make a deal work.

We were pretty terrible at getting good value for sales under Ferguson, so I'm not sure he's a good example here of looking to the past. An extra 230m from these two would go an extremely long way. There's also getting some one like Cancelo in a deal.

I rarely back the Glazers on money, but Woodward is right to hold out for the prices set.

For example, if we wanted to get SMS as a replacement for Pogba, he's going to cost 100m. So Pogba needs to be significantly above that. United are in rare position where they can sign, sell and still come out on top financially, and personell wise, if they play their cards right

Hasn't SMS proved to be a little bit of a one-season-wonder, Mike? Only caught them once or twice this season & he was quiet, plus there's been zero word/hype about him until the recent Juve links.

Think he may have been a dodged bullet, but maybe I'm being harsh. 100M does sound a bit silly given he hasn't really done anything to maintain that value. Think I'd rather look at the likes of Maddison (Good lad, lots of quality, PL proven, big upside & cheaper), Eriksen (arguably best AM/interior in the league), and Bruno Fernandes (cheaper, workaholic and can't argue with his obscene output, albeit Liga NOS) as replacements, whilst signing someone at base (Partey!!!! €50M RC!!!) & Ndombele at 2nd CM.

God please not SMS will be so disappointed!! Your right Rh he’s been bad. Never in a million years worth 60m let alone 100m. Soooo inconsistent and wouldn’t even suit what Ole is trying to build.

Back