The Manchester United Thread

Yeah I’m happy Vills got promoted. Will be fantastic for Tuanzebe to get a year in the Prem same for Henderson. Hopefully Tuanzebe does well and replaces one of the chuckle brothers next season. And Henderson can prove himself and possibly save Utd a lot of money and solve a possible problem depending on what happens with DDG.

Im Lairds biggest cheerleader on here lol. But for good reason having seen him lots live and on MUTV. But he’s not ready tbh. Not far away imo but he’s had an injury plagued season due to some horrendous challenges on the lad. That’s one of the reason I’m happy that we have entered the EFL cup or whatever it is. Expect him to get mins in that and maybe the odd proper cup games. Needs a good season in the u23s under whoever the new manager will be.

Marcus Rashford is set to sign a new long-term contract at United. Negotiations are nearing completion. #mufc [Times]

Tod for the love of all that is holy, the first hand source! Please! Honestly could murder you pal XD. Can you find the times article or journalist. Too often you see second hand sources falsely attach newspapers to fake rumours XD

Tod for the love of all that is holy, the first hand source! Please! Honestly could murder you pal XD. Can you find the times article or journalist. Too often you see second hand sources falsely attach newspapers to fake rumours XD

attachment.php

Actually, they ******* can. Competition is irrelevant, United have the money to carry with their business without selling him. He's got a contract for another three years. A fair price has been set. Match it or **** off.

I mean, unless you're trolling, this is a complete nonsense of a post. As long as they aren't seeing him to the reserves, they can do whatever the **** they like. And it's working, neither Madrid or Juve are pushing. Perez isn't even a fan. PSG are however willing to pay. So the market has been set.

Contract shomntract. Players have forced a move in harder circumstances then this. You may have money to burn, but money can't buy a good reputation. The next high profile target will think twice about signing if you decide to hold Pogba hostage. Because like it or not, Pogba is luxury player and you're Europa League.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if Pogba won't throw a tantrum and acts professional, but fat chance at that happening.

Contract shomntract. Players have forced a move in harder circumstances then this. You may have money to burn, but money can't buy a good reputation. The next high profile target will think twice about signing if you decide to hold Pogba hostage. Because like it or not, Pogba is luxury player and you're Europa League.

It probably wouldn't be an issue if Pogba won't throw a tantrum and acts professional, but fat chance at that happening.

This is literal nonsense that has no practical application. If you honestly think he's being held hostage, you're being idiotic. Players have also stayed in harder situations than this. He's not even handed in transfer request. So this argument is bollocks.

Pogba: I think I want a new challenge

United: the price is 150m

PSG: we're interested in that price

"Pogba is being held hostage"

Give me a break

This is literal nonsense that has no practical application. If you honestly think he's being held hostage, you're being idiotic. Players have also stayed in harder situations than this. He's not even handed in transfer request. So this argument is bollocks.

Er, yeah, have you considered trying yoga? I don't recall being rude to you, and you go apeshit all of the sudden. Take a walk for 5 minutes, then read your post again and meditate if all that hostility was necessary. Because I'm way past the age when clashing sabres with toxic keyboard warriors seemed like worthy use of my time.

Er, yeah, have you considered trying yoga? I don't recall being rude to you, and you go apeshit all of the sudden. Take a walk for 5 minutes, then read your post again and meditate if all that hostility was necessary. Because I'm way past the age when clashing sabres with toxic keyboard warriors seemed like worthy use of my time.

There's was no hostility. It's an argument with no application. And he isn't being held hostage, I give short shrift to the idea that a club putting a figure on a player that at least one club is willing to entertain means a player is being held hostage. It's not an argument, especially given the value and length of the contract, and the fact United are financial strong enough to not to have to sell short.

Last edited:

Don't think Pogba will throw a very big tantrum. Unlike Coutinho or Rabiot. He seems to mind how his image comes about a lot more. He could still hand in a transfer request (which will most likely be rejected).

Not saying he may not be sold. But highly doubt we will be low-balled like Madrid are trying to do.

(A)no need for murder. Love and peace on the forum please :wub:

My call would be around 200K, with performance bonuses and rights leading to ~250k.

Apparently WH wanted 40m and Martial for Issa Diop :O
Long story short, they do not want to sell. Which is fine. They don't want too much upheaval, with all the talk around Rice present, too.

But we really need to get a good CB in, it's vital. Since de Ligt won't happen, we really need to test Napoli with a bigger bid, see if they fold. The other option apparently is Maguire, but definitely not at the prices quoted. If nothing else, try Alderweireld short term, it's fine on a shorter contract and (relatively) lesser wages.

Long story short, they do not want to sell. Which is fine. They don't want too much upheaval, with all the talk around Rice present, too.

But we really need to get a good CB in, it's vital. Since de Ligt won't happen, we really need to test Napoli with a bigger bid, see if they fold. The other option apparently is Maguire, but definitely not at the prices quoted. If nothing else, try Alderweireld short term, it's fine on a shorter contract and (relatively) lesser wages.

Cut feeling is that Toby stays, but if he moves low wage wont bring him on, his last paycheck without CL. Toby has several years in him and might want to join Ajax at some point

Back