The Manchester United Thread

Let's see if it's anywhere near the 300k mark ;)

attachment.php

What was he on now? 75k? Expect that to double, with some bonuses on top

Long story short, they do not want to sell. Which is fine. They don't want too much upheaval, with all the talk around Rice present, too.

But we really need to get a good CB in, it's vital. Since de Ligt won't happen, we really need to test Napoli with a bigger bid, see if they fold. .....

Selling Napoli on the price would be far easier than selling Koulibaly on no CL football and a club in disarray as Utd currently are mate. Neither of those were ever realistic. The club can afford both but the project just isn't there when those two have their pick of most anyone in far better situations. Aside from the fact he extended and is real happy with his life in Naples by all accounts. Just he's one of the top CH's out there so he's an easy link every window to move for the rumour brigade.

West Ham looking to flip Diop for three times what they paid for him, 1 season in, is in the realms of AWB madness. (Palace wanting £45 million in cash and another10/15 to push in incentives to push it up toward £60 million.). Two real raw, nowhere near complete players going for the sort of fees you expect readymade, established players to move for will do well to happen.

The market needs to start moving and set itself so certain clubs can come back to realism with asking prices. Even at a starting price to bargain down from.

Selling Napoli on the price would be far easier than selling Koulibaly on no CL football and a club in disarray as Utd currently are mate. Neither of those were ever realistic. The club can afford both but the project just isn't there when those two have their pick of most anyone in far better situations. Aside from the fact he extended and is real happy with his life in Naples by all accounts. Just he's one of the top CH's out there so he's an easy link every window to move for the rumour brigade.

West Ham looking to flip Diop for three times what they paid for him, 1 season in, is in the realms of AWB madness. (Palace wanting £45 million in cash and another10/15 to push in incentives to push it up toward £60 million.). Two real raw, nowhere near complete players going for the sort of fees you expect readymade, established players to move for will do well to happen.

The market needs to start moving and set itself so certain clubs can come back to realism with asking prices. Even at a starting price to bargain down from.

That is the market though: Rodri at 70m, Joao Felix is going at 102m(!)

Disagree on AWB scouse. Don't think I've ever seen a young FB be that good defensively. 21, British, good personality/mentality, already the best defensive RB in the league (he literally pockets every ******* winger, for me, he's already hit the levels of peak Azpi in a defensive sense the season gone by/closing parts of 17/18), and whilst there's definite room for improvement offensively, he still completed the most take on's/best dribble success rate from RB's in the league & averaged pretty good in other areas too. Was also an attacker through youth so you know it'll elevate with better players.

Personally think 50M is an absolute no brainer in today's market. Can throw the "raw" word about, but he's a special young talent in his respective field and looks nailed on to reach the top. SIGN SIGN SIGN.

Disagree on AWB scouse. Don't think I've ever seen a young FB be that good defensively. 21, British, good personality/mentality, already the best defensive RB in the league (he literally pockets every ******* winger, for me, he's already hit the levels of peak Azpi in a defensive sense the season gone by/closing parts of 17/18), and whilst there's definite room for improvement offensively, he still completed the most take on's/best dribble success rate from RB's in the league & averaged pretty good in other areas too. Was also an attacker through youth so you know it'll elevate with better players.

Personally think 50M is an absolute no brainer in today's market. Can throw the "raw" word about, but he's a special young talent in his respective field and looks nailed on to reach the top. SIGN SIGN SIGN.

You'll both want to read this then

https://twitter.com/statsbomb/status/1052160955654787072?lang=en

https://twitter.com/statsbomb/status/1120622058474545152?lang=en

https://statsbomb.com/2019/04/what-does-a-fullback-do-in-2019/ (really nice comparison of Roberston and AWB, high praise for both)

Mate, I'm not even exaggerating when I say I can see him retiring as the league's best RB, certainly in the mix. I think he can mirror Ashley Cole's impact on the right. That's how much I rate him. Boggled me how people were reserved on him or thought 50-60M was too much, also cringes me when people say "what about Dalot?" as if we owe Dalot our life or something. I like Dalot as much as the next guy, but if we can upgrade on Dalot for 50M and lock the position down for a decade, then we ******* do it. None of this sentimental bullshit. Need to be ruthless.

That is the market though: Rodri at 70m, Joao Felix is going at 102m(!)

On Joao Felix, I hadn't seen that yesterday about Atletico. WOW! Benfica have subsequently quashed it but that would be nuts for anyone to flat out pay the release clause. That should be just a starting point to bargain down from as you know it's not going above that. Although that said, the buzz around him Europe wide is Mbappe-esq so if he fulfils it you're increasing on the investment.

Last edited:
If Mata did leave, thoughts on taking the free-to-leave Lanzini off WHU's hands on the cheap for a creative squad role? Saw someone suggest it on Twitter.

On Joao Felix, I hadn't seen that yesterday about Atletico. WOW! Benfica have subsequently quashed it but that would be nuts for anyone to flat out pay the release clause. That should be just a starting point to bargain down from as you know it's not going above that. Although the said, the buzz around him Europe wide is Mbappe-esq so if he fulfils it you're increasing on the investment.

It looks like that is exactly what happened, they're going straight for the release. You're partly right in that the market has inflated, but it's not going to settle down. This IS is the new stable, mad as it sounds

If Mata did leave, thoughts on taking the free-to-leave Lanzini off WHU's hands on the cheap for a creative squad role? Saw someone suggest it on Twitter.
Seing more and more reports he’s signing. The only thing that people differ on is the length of his new contract.

Ruben Dias £60m? Or Jonathan Tah at Leverkusen or their other CB pretty good too.

See Sanchez had a good game last night just watched the highlights. Goal and assist ran around like a mad man, won tackles.

Ed Woodward doesn't want to give up any power, when **** freezes over we shall actually have a technical director or even then whatever they want to call it.

Tbh looking at Walsh I wouldn’t want him here. Had a couple decent transfers at Leicester. But apart from that he’s been absolutely dire.

Anyways looking forward to watching Henderson in goal for England and our soon to be new FB ;)

Ed Woodward doesn't want to give up any power, when **** freezes over we shall actually have a technical director or even then whatever they want to call it.
Plus to be honest Ferguson's last recommendation of Moyes wasn't exactly a good choice. However, I will reserve judgement until anything happens...

Back