The Manchester United Thread

Which I don't understand, mind. Unless he wants CL specifically. Otherwise, Ndombele is an upgrade on both Tielemans and Longstaff, as the guy can cover multiple roles.
Been reported in France that CL was a key part in any move for him.

If we get Fernandes and one other I will be happy with that.

So it seems AWB deal is done. 50m and United gets to keep Zaha clause. And he should be around 80/90k pw. At least according to Ornstein.

So far winger and a right back. Im guessing next focus is Bruno Fernandes.

Edit: Ninja'd by Mike. Fu. ;)

So it seems AWB deal is done. 50m and United gets to keep Zaha clause. And he should be around 80/90k pw. At least according to Ornstein.

So far winger and a right back. Im guessing next focus is Bruno Fernandes.

Edit: Ninja'd by Mike. Fu. ;)

Hah, sorry. Decent fee given the insane market and the fact hes coming from a Prem club. What I really like is the wage isn't mad either. Next is to absolute nail down Fernandes.

Maguire to Manchester (both clubs) doesn't seem to be going away either. Not sure we should be spending 75m on him but happy to be proven wrong if that's the case. Still think we should be all over Ruben Dias

If we are looking at young payers with potential then we should definitely be looking to step Tuanzebe up. He was one of the best defenders in the division and his team got promotion. If we have signed James from the Championship and was looking at Aarons who was young player of the year and promoted, Tuanzebe should be no different. It's like the fact we already own him makes a difference. If we didn't we would probably linked to buying him for £25m from a Championship club. Its ridiculous.

All things considered AWB deal pretty good in the end if Ornstein is accurate and I'd take his word more than most. I agree Tuanzebe deserves a shot but I always thought he should have took Rojo/Jones spot in the squad, if we keep them both it will make his game time limited. So may swell just send him back to Villa for another season unless Rojo does go.

Time to step on the Fernandes and Tielmans gas, get Ruben Dias in fully agree with Mike.... these 3 deals could be very doable. Would make an excellent window if we get these three on top of our business so far.

Just because we keep Rojo and Jones shouldn't mean they automatically go above him in and have to be played. If Tuanzebe deserves his chance then he should get it.

I reckon we are waiting on a CB signing before sending Tuanzebe out on loan. If we get that in, then Tuanzebe is on loan to Villa. And yes, again, agree with Mike, definitely like Ruben Dias over Maguire, have so for a while too. And, if noone snaps him up, then Benfica are increasing his release clause with a new contract.

Oh, and I almost forgot, but yes! AwB almost done, thankfully, RB problem solved (something we never really looked to sort out long term once we sold Rafael. Yes, Darmian, but somehow, he never worked out).

Also, Fernandes, a CB and another CM (Partey/Tielemans) and we have one of our best summers since oh so long ago. Seems almost FM-esque.

All things considered AWB deal pretty good in the end if Ornstein is accurate and I'd take his word more than most. I agree Tuanzebe deserves a shot but I always thought he should have took Rojo/Jones spot in the squad, if we keep them both it will make his game time limited. So may swell just send him back to Villa for another season unless Rojo does go.

Time to step on the Fernandes and Tielmans gas, get Ruben Dias in fully agree with Mike.... these 3 deals could be very doable. Would make an excellent window if we get these three on top of our business so far.

Tuanzebe needs to develop. We should absolutely not sell him, but a year of regular prem football will do him wonders. If he excels, sell one of Smalling and Jones, or Rojo is he is still somehow here (Ole seems to really like him...)

And Sherkey I agree on your thinking about Tuanzebe and a new signing

Even better deal as Woodward/judge didn’t even have to pay the full 50m upfront. Seems he’s not a dope like some seem keen on banging on about. Oh and still managed to keep the Zaha clause. Lol Palace didn’t even get a sell on clause either. Hats off Woodward and Judge!

Aaron Wan-Bissaka in the Premier League last season (out of full-backs):

Most clearances (129)
Most tackles won (129)
Highest tackle success rate (94%)
Most take-ons completed (90)
Most interceptions (84)

Will meet up with the lads after his holidays. 10-14 days I’ve seen reported.

Last edited:

Aaron Wan Bissaka about to take off on private jet from Biggin Hill airport to Manchester. Flight due to leave at 4pm. Wan-Bisska to have first part of his medical this evening

Aaron Wan Bissaka to Man United. Total agreement between clubs and with the player and agent who’ll sign for 5 years +1 . Medicals soon. Here we go! @FabrizioRamano

MEN and the Guardian reporting we are still looking to bring in 3 players 4 if Lukaku leaves.
Most likely Fernandes, Longstaff and a CB. And a striker if Lukaku leaves. I reckon. I'm really hoping that it is Dias that is the CB, and not Maguire.

Most likely Fernandes, Longstaff and a CB. And a striker if Lukaku leaves. I reckon. I'm really hoping that it is Dias that is the CB, and not Maguire.

Hope we get rid of a few too.

We can sell abroad till end of August if I recall correctly. We won't sell till Ole is happy we won't be short. Not like we need to sell for finances. Though always good to clear the wage bill.

I'm a very, very happy football fan tonight.
Delighted with the AWB news.

We can sell abroad till end of August if I recall correctly. We won't sell till Ole is happy we won't be short. Not like we need to sell for finances. Though always good to clear the wage bill.
Yes the window is still open till the end of August like normal for quite a bit of Europe. I think only a couple of countries voted for it to close before start of play like us.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thoughts? Reported by Di Marzio last night. Personaly I would take it. It’s a good all round fee and big money off the wages for a player who wants to move!

Inter are going to make the first official bid to Man United for Romelu Lukaku. €10M for 2-years loan, €70M as OBLIGATION to buy clause. It would be €90M paid in three years. Talks ongoing with Manchester United,… https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMEAj9oc3Y/?igshid=rdhve72aqcb4 …

Thoughts? Reported by Di Marzio last night. Personaly I would take it. It’s a good all round fee and big money off the wages for a player who wants to move!

Inter are going to make the first official bid to Man United for Romelu Lukaku. €10M for 2-years loan, €70M as OBLIGATION to buy clause. It would be €90M paid in three years. Talks ongoing with Manchester United,… https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMEAj9oc3Y/?igshid=rdhve72aqcb4 …

Yeah, no. It's 5 Mn per year loan, and in an age where the fees are shooting up, you'd imagine he would be worth a whole lot more than 60 Mn after 2 years of regular game time in the Serie A. Also, we need to replace him this window, and don't think it's possible with a loan.

I would take it if it was 70 Mn now, but not 2 years into the future, worth a lot more.

Oh, also, it's Inter. Who gave us no quarter with Perisic. Let them pay the fee now instead of a loan. It's not like we need to be in a hurry to sell Lukaku, and he is not throwing up a fuss, too.

Last edited:
Lukaku's price won't be going up if we don't play him regularly which Solskjaer doesn't so pointless keeping him. £62m in total, bit low but with a bit of haggle get it up to £70m and cheerio.

Kind of sums up my feelings on Lukaku the fact that he wants to bail and of all places go to.... Inter.

This summer is best time to replace players with how many are seemingly on the move. Not that I that we will, probably stick with what we have as we have other priorities.

Back