The Manchester United Thread

Looking forward to the season, but we defo need to do some business in and out still, to be significantly better than last season. I'm. surprised we haven't actually got rid of more fringe players.

Still think we need CM (2 arguably if Pogba goes), RW and CB. We're not getting them all but at least cover two of those bases to gives yourself a chance this season. We didn't even replace Herrera.
No point selling before getting your buisness in clubs will just use that even more than happens to hike the price for us. Ole said on MUTV that not all these players will be featuring this season. Think 2-3 will still defo come in. As long as at least 1 CM and 1 good CB then we are set for top 4/3 next season.

i really would like us to offer pogba to madrid on a level but advise we want 80m + kroos straight no negotiatian that is the terms

i really would like us to offer pogba to madrid on a level but advise we want 80m + kroos straight no negotiatian that is the terms
No thanks he wouldn’t want to come here. He would be a short term fix and he’s just signed a new contract with Madrid. Give us cash or do one and he stays. No low balling no player ex just straight up cash!

Madrid opening offer gonna be 80m euros according to L, Equipe and Bouhafsi. Night all I’m going to laugh myself to sleep ffs 80m euros *****!!!

This cropped up so I'm passing on a great l'il compilation for your enjoyment of by far and away the best player I've ever seen play for Utd in nigh on 4 decades going the match. Genuine, World class all round midfield great and leader of men. When he could stay healthy-

https://twitter.com/knaggsy097/status/1147607340159590406
Got his autograph twice. Once on a the green & gold think it was Sharpe sponsored kit and one at a VIP day great player and bloke tbh. Easily imo the best CM of my time following Utd Keane second.

Got his autograph twice. Once on a the green & gold think it was Sharpe sponsored kit and one at a VIP day great player and bloke tbh. Easily imo the best CM of my time following Utd Keane second.

Belter bloke. I can totally attest to that.

Think I told the story in here the other year in Moscow of a mate stying the Utd hotel when we played on consecutive days, going to meet him, and ending up having a few bevvies the bar with Robson who was superb. No less in revealing that he was convinced he was coming to r's from West Brom. He'd met Bob, agreed the wages et al. Then Utd came in with a record £1.5 million and L'pool wouldn't match it. All for the sake of £300 grand. None of us knew anything of that as there was nottin the press at all at the time. Must be loads of similar stories from back then that never came out. Mad to hear it from him. We didn't need him per se like but man alive, he and Souness together the middle would have been just about the most dominant CM ever assembled. Really cool just sitting the hotel bar with him chatting wham. Real approachable, cracking fella'.

Proper player Robson. None of this bracketing of midfielders like DM's etc now. Lads like him did it all both ends of the park. And a proper hardman who could take it as well as dish it out. Wrote the book on starting moves one end of the pitch and arriving late the other to finish them too way before Lampard was ever a thing. I honestly believe England would have another WC under his leadership if he'd not gone down with injury those tournaments.

Ton of respect and appreciation for lads like that.

Last edited:

Kroos while a great player is 29 years old. While this is not technically old for a midfielder, when hes replacing (I know its not a direct replacement) a 26 year old and we're not 100% ready for a title challenge just yet we could lose his prime not competing for titles. It has the feel of buying Bastian, even though Kroos is still at a higher level now than when we did that I'm not convinced it has good potential over the long term.

If looking for cash and players we need to start demanding players we can see playing high quality football for the next 4-5 years. If not then Madrid need to stop the **** and ship us a bank vault already.

What on earth is going on with our transfers.... we're asking £25m for ****** Rojo when he is on 100k+ wages..... sigh. No wonder we have no takers.

What on earth is going on with our transfers.... we're asking £25m for ****** Rojo when he is on 100k+ wages..... sigh. No wonder we have no takers.

They havent, papers have just taken the fee stuck on him last season. By papers, I mean the daily record, and the metro have just copied it word for word

They havent, papers have just taken the fee stuck on him last season. By papers, I mean the daily record, and the metro have just copied it word for word

Hope we haven't let Tielemans just stroll to Leicester without a better alternative... what do you think? If we get Fernandes then great but it can't be Longstaff and no one else. This Fernandes signing is ****** pivotal now.... if we don't sign him then I don't even know what we're doing.

So Castles? Christ what a source.

So Castles? Christ what a source.

Castles tbf isn't as bad as others, not that it says a lot but he at least gets the odd thing right. Mark Ogden has fallen off a cliff since Moyes, he was well respected before that.

Castles tbf isn't as bad as others, not that it says a lot but he at least gets the odd thing right. Mark Ogden has fallen off a cliff since Moyes, he was well respected before that.

Castles is terrible. Ogden clearly ****** someone off and got frozen out

Last edited:
Hope we haven't let Tielemans just stroll to Leicester without a better alternative... what do you think? If we get Fernandes then great but it can't be Longstaff and no one else. This Fernandes signing is ****** pivotal now.... if we don't sign him then I don't even know what we're doing.

Tielemans is a good player, but we shouldn't be over egging him. There's plenty of midfielders around his caliber knocking around. **** Fred was genuinely a really good player until Mourinho decided he was too short (genuinely believe he didn't actually watch him himself before buying him, went on the words of ye scouts and decided he was too short when he met him for his 6ft midfield)

Would be happy with Longstaff and Fernandes. Would he even happier If we could sell Pogba and get Eriksen and Partey in return (just my thinking, no stories for the latter, formers future is still in the air)

Tielemans is a good player, but we shouldn't be over egging him. There's plenty of midfielders around his caliber knocking around. **** Fred was genuinely a really good player until Mourinho decided he was too short (genuinely believe he didn't actually watch him himself before buying him, went on the words of ye scouts and decided he was too short when he met him for his 6ft midfield)

Would be happy with Longstaff and Fernandes. Would he even happier If we could sell Pogba and get Eriksen and Partey in return (just my thinking, no stories for the latter, formers future is still in the air)
While his form hasn't been that exceptional, I wouldn't mind a gamble at SMS too. Not at the reported 120 Mn, mind, not worth that, but anywhere around 70 odd Mn, and he could be worth a shout. Partey, SMS and Fernandes would be pretty good. Eriksen, meh, I'm not too sure, not at the reported 100 Mn being asked. He is WC, and would walk in as a starter, but that still is an insane amount of money for someone on the final year of his contract.

Just watched a bit of Utd on tour. Yeah no FB in the prem next season is gonna live with James for pure pace. Already seen Walker can’t live with him when they played in the cup. And he blitzed Rashford in the clip I just seen. And is destroying all bleep tests so far in training. Really excited to see this lad next season.

Back