The Manchester United Thread

Ole on @D_DeGea: "I've said many times how lucky I am, and how happy we are to have him in goal. So we are happy he will stay here for many years."

It's a mix of Pogba not being consistent enough and equally us having little managerial direction from Jose in midfield, coupled with a lack of some midfield options . Swap and kdb and Pogba and kdb would struggle and Pogba would be glorious for city. Something were looking to rectify both in managerial direction and transfers.

He'd need to up his work-rate and attitude to even play consistently in a Pep side from the sham he is most weeks at Utd as to his talent level. And that starts from within as much as the situation you find yourself in. One thing that can't be excused is players mailing it in. And he's been among the biggest culprits at Utd for that if everyones brutally honest on him.

The Eriksen comparison talk is a good one as they're equally as superb, individual. difference making players but Eriksen's work rate, for both the team and his individual desire to get better, P all over Pogba's.

Untill he sort's himself out in that regard he'll never be among the very top bracket of players his undoubted talent should have him down as.

What I thought all along!

Pogba is not pushing for a move away from #mufc, and instead wants reassurances that the club are heading in the right direction #mulive [@Marcotti for espn]

"It's not Pogba desperately itching for a move, I think it's Pogba itching for a resolution way forward. Either new contract or commitment from the club about the squad or if there is an offer out there and it works moving elsewhere. But it's not like he is desperate to leave Old Trafford as some people have suggested"

What I thought all along!

Pogba is not pushing for a move away from #mufc, and instead wants reassurances that the club are heading in the right direction #mulive [@Marcotti for espn]

"It's not Pogba desperately itching for a move, I think it's Pogba itching for a resolution way forward. Either new contract or commitment from the club about the squad or if there is an offer out there and it works moving elsewhere. But it's not like he is desperate to leave Old Trafford as some people have suggested"

Solskjaer is going to be wanting some assurances of his own long before that. Publicly he's back him, but also backed him into a corner. Private he'll be demanding a **** of a lot more if he wants a team built around. I'm not saying he should be dominating the midfield on his own, as that's ludicrous, but he should be dominating his role, a role which needs to be decided tactically too.

Solskjaer is going to be wanting some assurances of his own long before that. Publicly he's back him, but also backed him into a corner. Private he'll be demanding a **** of a lot more if he wants a team built around. I'm not saying he should be dominating the midfield on his own, as that's ludicrous, but he should be dominating his role, a role which needs to be decided tactically too.
Still curious to see who we bring in to partner him with. Hopefully Fernandes and then one of Lemina or Longstaff

Fernandes to me is more of a supplementary player to Pogba than a partner to him, no? He is not a box-to-box midfielder, he seems more like a player who is good at going forward and making things happen in the final third. According to stats someone had posted on here, he is more of Pogba style player. I could be wrong, of course.

Fernandes to me is more of a supplementary player to Pogba than a partner to him, no? He is not a box-to-box midfielder, he seems more like a player who is good at going forward and making things happen in the final third. According to stats someone had posted on here, he is more of Pogba style player. I could be wrong, of course.

Yeah he's a more raw version. Would mean drawing Pogba into that all action roaming playmaker and passing holder behind him. Similar to city.

If that's the case then you need Matic at the back rotating with Longstaff and or McTominay. Preferably the former as he could become our new Carrick.

Yeah he's a more raw version. Would mean drawing Pogba into that all action roaming playmaker and passing holder behind him. Similar to city.

If that's the case then you need Matic at the back rotating with Longstaff and or McTominay. Preferably the former as he could become our new Carrick.
A diamond, no? This would work there, but I don't think we would be using that every match. In a 4-3-3, Pogba generally wins out, and if we get a B2B (Lemina links) and someone behind them (Longstaff/Matic), I don't know where that would leave Fernandes should we get him.

Fernandes is an excellent option should Pogba leave, otherwise, I don't think he will be too happy with being second fiddle (nor should he, it's bad for his career). A midfield of Fernandes and Pogba would work had we gotten someone like Ndombele, who covers a lot of ground while also moving forward (a junior Kante, if you will). With either Matic or Longstaff, they're more static playmakers from deep, so that wouldn't work properly, at all.

Pogba Fernandes And a DM would definitely work. Pogba definitely has it in him to be that slightly more all round CM. But Fernandes work rate and tracking back for spirting has been sensational true work rate to go with that attacking ability

A diamond, no? This would work there, but I don't think we would be using that every match. In a 4-3-3, Pogba generally wins out, and if we get a B2B (Lemina links) and someone behind them (Longstaff/Matic), I don't know where that would leave Fernandes should we get him.

Fernandes is an excellent option should Pogba leave, otherwise, I don't think he will be too happy with being second fiddle (nor should he, it's bad for his career). A midfield of Fernandes and Pogba would work had we gotten someone like Ndombele, who covers a lot of ground while also moving forward (a junior Kante, if you will). With either Matic or Longstaff, they're more static playmakers from deep, so that wouldn't work properly, at all.

If you look at City's deployment of Silve ( 1 or 2) and KDB, it works because of the defensive position and high working, as well as smooth passing of Fernandinho. which means your 3rd midfielder is first and foremost a destroyer passer. Longstaff (very raw) fits that the best, though Matic could do it if not playing 55 games a season. Longstaff isn't static by any means, but he's played such a short period of games its hard to say what hes sustained at

Oiii something to wait for. On 17th playing against you.
Bring it on.

When was the last time we played, even friendly?
Found it
2011 League cup u won 3-0.
2010 Fa cup Leeds won 1-0

If you look at City's deployment of Silve ( 1 or 2) and KDB, it works because of the defensive position and high working, as well as smooth passing of Fernandinho. which means your 3rd midfielder is first and foremost a destroyer passer. Longstaff (very raw) fits that the best, though Matic could do it if not playing 55 games a season. Longstaff isn't static by any means, but he's played such a short period of games its hard to say what hes sustained at
Hm, makes sense. But if Longstaff is not as static, sure, all for it. Will make for some creative, controlling football in the middle of the pitch. I reckon McTominay will be more likely groomed to the Herrera role, then? He does tend to work hard and defend well, also.

Hm, makes sense. But if Longstaff is not as static, sure, all for it. Will make for some creative, controlling football in the middle of the pitch. I reckon McTominay will be more likely groomed to the Herrera role, then? He does tend to work hard and defend well, also.
Yeah that’s what I think tbh mate. If Pogba stays which I think he will. 1 CM will be enough but 2 would be ideal. On Pogba Ducker has been reporting he’s absolutely beasting everyone in training and showing superb attitude and great fitness.

Yeah that’s what I think tbh mate. If Pogba stays which I think he will. 1 CM will be enough but 2 would be ideal. On Pogba Ducker has been reporting he’s absolutely beasting everyone in training and showing superb attitude and great fitness.

I mean it seems by whats being reported that the message is getting to pogba and Raiola that no one is capable in the market or has significant enough interest to chase this summer. Mike rightly said that the reasons for Raiola being a loud mouth was probably due to this.

Back