The Manchester United Thread

Good high press again so far making Inter make mistakes. Love seeing Shaw and AWB getting so high up the pitch. Lindeløf is turning out to be an absolute class CB!

We simply need better finishers though. Rashford and Martial kinda miss too many chances, and a simple high press is still not getting us that incisiveness in the final third. Makes us seem toothless at times. Mind you, I'm not basing this just of today's match, but our squad in general.

We simply need better finishers though. Rashford and Martial kinda miss too many chances, and a simple high press is still not getting us that incisiveness in the final third. Makes us seem toothless at times. Mind you, I'm not basing this just of today's match, but our squad in general.

We just need a couple of signings to give us real hope this season. Still seeing some of the same deficiencies as last season, although I can see Solskjaer has worked on the fitness.

Crying out for Fernandes in that final third, Pogba can't just be the creative outlet again.

Early days for AWB, but he looks dynamite.

We just need a couple of signings to give us real hope this season. Still seeing some of the same deficiencies as last season, although I can see Solskjaer has worked on the fitness.

Crying out for Fernandes in that final third, Pogba can't just be the creative outlet again.

Early days for AWB, but he looks dynamite.

We need Fernandes for sure. And Maguire. I wouldn't sell Lukaku without a replacement. I was thinking Greenwood, but not sure Rashford is consistent enough. Might need to be someone like Pepe or Fekir

I think we have been pretty good in the final 3rd tbh. Winning it back higher, good press, created some good chances with good movement and passing. With a bit of luck and little bit more composure we could of had 3/4 that half. Can definitely see what Ole and the team have been working on. You need to remember this is his first full pre season and first real opportunity to get his style etc across. Can only see improvement from here on in!

We need Fernandes for sure. And Maguire. I wouldn't sell Lukaku without a replacement. I was thinking Greenwood, but not sure Rashford is consistent enough. Might need to be someone like Pepe or Fekir

Agree with you Mike, we are a couple of signings away from having a really good team. Just hope we bite the bullet and get them in... if we do there is a really good foundation for the years ahead.

Last edited:
Lingard is finally having a good game. If he's good every third game, thats an OK in my book.
Daniel James offers next to nothing.
United need more goalscoring threats. Pay the money for Bruno.

de Gea has got to get better at commanding the high ball, flapping big time today really does cause confusion for defence at times. Shot-stopping lets him get away with it but he has to address this.

Greenwood looks better than Rashford in pre-season (not that I'm saying he's better), but I think he is going to become better than Rashford.

Great finish, couple of goals for him now on the tour.... boy is a massive talent.

Best performance I've seen from Chong in the first team, this is how he looked in the reserves... quality stuff.

Wonder how Solskjaer assesses this, the kids have been phenomenal and outshined the senior players in first half. Albiet the Inter players energy was not totally there.

Inter are ****, but still this was great to watch. On another day, it could have been 5-0 to United.
Thing about Greenwood Im most impressed about is ability to find the space to shoot. Imagine Rashford with that instead of standing still in front of a defender ala wild west style waiting for defence to swarm him.

Very good performance that on all fronts. Could of been a lot more comfortable. But the energy and attacking play never stopped until the last min. Been saying it forever but we have some fantastic talent.

Well, lads, are we starting to swallow our words RE: 50-60M being too expensive for AWB? I still can’t get my head around the fact that was an opinion. Peak Serie A-Esque FB with athleticism and plenty of scope offensively. Like I said forget overpriced or even fairly priced, I feel it will prove a bargain in the long run. Current AWB ***** on Meunier, let alone what he’ll develop into. What a player. RB position likely cemented for a decade.

Last edited:
Very good performance that on all fronts. Could of been a lot more comfortable. But the energy and attacking play never stopped until the last min. Been saying it forever but we have some fantastic talent.

Can see why Ole wants Longstaff as well, Matic in that first half just was meh and is painfully slow at times. Shame we don't seemingly have an alternative that we can sign this summer to replace him.

Having said that I think Fred can do that role well, he's different to Matic but seen a few times that he does have some defensive nous to play there.

Last edited:
Still early days, I'm cautiously optimistic on AwB. Let's reserve judgement till half a season into it, but yes, he looks amazing. James, he offers us width, and really good pace, but nothing too much else (which is to be expected, need some proper coaching to find the right spots to be in, and to improve his offensive output). Ideally, in his first season, he is more of a player brought in at the hour mark to give tiring defenders nightmares, but considering our squad status, he may start. It's okay, I have hopes he can improve. May likely promote Chong and Greenwood to the first team, though, considering a lack of options and the fact that they have been pretty good.

I would want to promote Gomez too. As a backup to the first team, and the fact that he can learn from Pogba/Fernandes (if we ever finally bring him in). Tuanzebe, I thought, looked decent. But I really hope we loan him out to Villa, so he can play week in and out.

As for Rashford, he really needs to improve his finishing game. And his movement. He comes deep, yes, but his off the ball movement seems rather one-dimensional, especially when we are not counter-attacking.

Can see why Ole wants Longstaff as well, Matic in that first half just was meh and is painfully slow at times. Shame we don't seemingly have an alternative that we can sign this summer to replace him.

Having said that I think Fred can do that role well, he's different to Matic but seen a few times that he does have some defensive nous to play there.
We do if we can get Partey. And he is a massive upgrade as well. Fred seems more like a Herrera style player to me than a DM. He would most likely roam up-front, which would be disastrous if you have Pogba and Fernandes in front of you. I honestly think McTominay is the only one among our midfielders who can put in a decent shift there.

Can’t believe the reaction to Duckers tweet tonight saying DDG 5+1 yr deal is agreed for 375k pw. Even some fans suggesting we should of let him leave on a free :O

Can’t believe the reaction to Duckers tweet tonight saying DDG 5+1 yr deal is agreed for 375k pw. Even some fans suggesting we should of let him leave on a free :O
******* dumb ***** 1 of the best gk we have ever had and some want to let him go for free no words

Back