The Manchester United Thread

Maguire, Fernandes, Longstaff, Pepe - yeah, sounds fanciful. Especially since there are what, only 2 weeks or so until the window closes?

All doable tbh. It's about how they want to save.

Pepe is the hardest as it requires Lukaku out first

Maguire, Fernandes, Longstaff, Pepe - yeah, sounds fanciful. Especially since there are what, only 2 weeks or so until the window closes?

Pepe is the hardest as we're basically waiting on Inter to put up or shut up. The other 3 are completely in our ballpark because every club either has a release clause or has named a price. Right now we're just attempting to bring them down a bit. Realistically its about patience at this time, everyone knows what needs to be done just about letting the club get to work.

My issue all along has been are we even in for Fernandes or is it just the Portuguese press pushing it.... in this case up till now it is definitely the latter. In fact Ducker, Sky Sports and others are now reporting that we're not going to sign him. Which is baffling to me, it really is.

My issue all along has been are we even in for Fernandes or is it just the Portuguese press pushing it.... in this case up till now it is definitely the latter. In fact Ducker, Sky Sports and others are now reporting that we're not going to sign him. Which is baffling to me, it really is.
Why is it baffling if Ole never wanted him? Maybe SMS or Eriksen was the target all along won’t know till the window closes.

They have no idea what's going on.

It's possible to have more than one midfield option.

United have made contact with both Fernandes and Milinkovic-Savic, and have been looking at Eriksen. Does it really matter which one we end up with?

That was a great first half performance even despite a few sloppy moments. All Utd! Periera And Mctominey were great. Love Periera he has all the ability but he’s got that Cuntish side to go with it :)

James is gonna be such a good his pressing and work rate is out of this world. Then so dangerous on the break. Energy for days! Again our high press and energy has been superb.

Matic is finished! Absolutely shocking pre season or not. He simply can’t play in this system/style. Mctominey or Fred need to be starting at DM or a new DM signing coming in as well as a new CM.

WOW oh my days Gomes with a superb goal. Been best player in the second half! 2-1 Utd

Tuanzebe been great since coming on. Spurs have tried to press him but with his good foot work and top passing and ability to dribble with the ball they haven’t got close :)

Last edited:
Yeah, with Sissoko stamping on James (the *******). Also, Bailly stretchered off. He would have been such a good option for us, if not for his injuries. Never reliable because of it. We need a CB.

Also, apparently, major rumours everywhere around SMS. That was kinda out of the blue, if it happens. I like it, though!

Good win. Very good first half performance. Bit meh the second half but was expected with the changes. Happy to see our style of play didn’t change despite playing a top team. Our pressing was great again. Lucky only Bailly got injured because Spurs were thugs for large parts! Very encouraging and onto Norway :)

I don't get the love for SMS, he was meh last season and just never really got the hype around him. Different player to Fernandes but if I had to take one this summer it would definitely be the latter.... high energy, leader who will take creative burden off Pogba - perfect for Solskjaer. Doubt Eriksen will happen at all, haven't heard any rumours about it either really regarding him coming here.

Although our biggest deficiency is Matic right now, this guy can't play 35-40 games for us next season.

I don't get the love for SMS, he was meh last season and just never really got the hype around him. Different player to Fernandes but if I had to take one this summer it would definitely be the latter.... high energy, leader who will take creative burden off Pogba - perfect for Solskjaer. Doubt Eriksen will happen at all, haven't heard any rumours about it either really regarding him coming here.

Although our biggest deficiency is Matic right now, this guy can't play 35-40 games for us next season.
SMS is most probably the better option as he is far more we’ll rounded than Fernandes. He was actually good playing deeper for Lazio last season just very inconsistent throughout the year. His talent is undoubted and would give us more options tbh. And from what Lazio fans have told me he’s one of the biggest leaders there.

Matic can't play 10-12 games next season, looking at the scenes of it. And that kinda explains why SMS. He can also function as a box-to-box midfielder, reducing the burden on Matic. Whereas Fernandes is similar to Pogba, loves going ahead and creating. SMS would be more Herrera replacement as an energetic midfielder. As for Fernandes, I'm not sure, let's see. If we get SMS, and Pogba stays, that's literally my FM midfield. Need someone in for Matic though, cannot rely on him. Maybe McTominey, incase we don't get a DM?

Matic can't play 10-12 games next season, looking at the scenes of it. And that kinda explains why SMS. He can also function as a box-to-box midfielder, reducing the burden on Matic. Whereas Fernandes is similar to Pogba, loves going ahead and creating. SMS would be more Herrera replacement as an energetic midfielder. As for Fernandes, I'm not sure, let's see. If we get SMS, and Pogba stays, that's literally my FM midfield. Need someone in for Matic though, cannot rely on him. Maybe McTominey, incase we don't get a DM?
Agree with this! Get one of Eriksen, SMS or Fernandes. Longstaff and Maguire and we are well set for next season

On a side note today. Mata again showing his absolute class in and around the box. That pass to Gomes for his goal completely undid Spurs defence.

Good to see Poch apologise for his players behaviour after today’s so called friendly. Alli and Sissoko were absolute thugs and both should of seen red!

I hate this weather. I hate this weather. I hate this weather. Could be the end for Bailly, such a frustrating player as the fundamentals are kinda there. Just not reliable enough to be any use.

Last edited:
Maybe Tottenham were going for that look too?
Difference is Periera has control and only usually gives **** when it’s given to him or his team mates. Love the fact he’s not a melt like a lot of our squad have proved seasons past.

Think some Spurs players thought they trying out for UFC.

Back