The Manchester United Thread

Lukaku looks as good as gone and Pepe is not coming here. Interesting couple of weeks ahead, need to do more business now.

If we can convince Dybala to move here (amidst supposed interest from Spurs), he would be a good replacement for Lukaku.

Anyhow, lets see. I'll wait till after the window closes to judge our business this time. It's been topsy-turvy in terms of rumours so far, anyhow.

Deano's a keeper
270d.png

Congrats to @DeanHenderson on signing a new #MUFC contract, and best of luck for the season ahead with Sheffield United!

Where have you seen there because its not anywhere?
Most likely the latest rumours that he jetted off to Belgium as soon as United got back from tour. Not that I know it's a reliable source, but yeah, most likely where the conclusion was drawn//

Most likely the latest rumours that he jetted off to Belgium as soon as United got back from tour. Not that I know it's a reliable source, but yeah, most likely where the conclusion was drawn//
Yeah just seen that reported by the online Daily Mail site.

Yeah just seen that reported by the online Daily Mail site.

Also can't see anything on Pepe, unless you mean the equipe rumour?

As much as I despise Madrid, I wish we had the same attitude sometimes with our players that need to be shown the door.

As much as I despise Madrid, I wish we had the same attitude sometimes with our players that need to be shown the door.

It's taken them 2 and half years to get rid of Bale. And he's going for a massively cut price. They want 80m at one point. They have had to lie and public assassinate his career.

I don't ever want their attitude

Madrid are one of the most mercenary clubs around. Why would you ever want to be like them? (in terms of player handling, I mean). Their crowds slate their own players after a bad performance or two, the club is always looking to cut you off - meh. Don't want to be like them.

See this as constructive rather than a rant... as it's all true as much as some of you will not have it.

You guys can't honestly act surprised about this.... I mean really? We are the polar opposite to Madrid when it comes to being ruthless with players and lets not deny it. In fact when it comes to getting rid of players we are absolutely useless.

I don't want to be like them, just want the same attitude a top club has and mentality when it comes rewarding players (with contracts) or moving them on. That doesn't have to involve publically shaming them and all that nonsense which Madrid also do.

here's an example:

Marcos Rojo

United: We'll reward you a new long-term contract as you have been so good here and we don't want to have to replace you. Also we'll preserve your non-existent transfer value. (Given the wages as we have seen no one will now take him).

What other reason did we ever give Rojo a contact until 2021? This can be said for countless other players as well.

---

This is a repeating pattern, United hand out contracts to preserve non-existent transfer values to players that then stay here for years longer than necessary. No one can pay their wages anyway...... so why are we giving them long-term deals.

Last edited:
See this as constructive rather than a rant... as it's all true as much as some of you will not have it.

You guys can't honestly act surprised about this.... I mean really? We are the polar opposite to Madrid when it comes to being ruthless with players and lets not deny it. In fact when it comes to getting rid of players we are absolutely useless.

I don't want to be like them, just want the same attitude a top club has and mentality when it comes rewarding players (with contracts) or moving them on. That doesn't have to involve publically shaming them and all that nonsense which Madrid also do.

here's an example:

Marcos Rojo

United: We'll reward you a new long-term contract as you have been so good here and we don't want to have to replace you. Also we'll preserve your non-existent transfer value. (Given the wages as we have seen no one will now take him).

What other reason did we ever give Rojo a contact until 2021? This can be said for countless other players as well.

---

This is a repeating pattern, United hand out contracts to preserve non-existent transfer values to players that then stay here for years longer than necessary. No one can pay their wages anyway...... so why are we giving them long-term deals.

Literally none of what you said was neither constructive or true.

Rojo had his contact extended as there were concerns about all the defence, and it allows them the option to keep or sell as needed. He's on 75k a week. We've got far smaller wages and much better wage control than real Madrid.

Valencia is gone. Darmian will be gone either for a free end of season or for a fee this window. Young is retiring at the end of the season most likely, and that's when his contract is up. That's about as much real deadwood we have.

Bailly would probably get sold if he hadn't injured himself.

Madrid had to get rid of Bale because he was costing them so much it stopped them buying players. That isn't the case for us

And they werent ruthless at all. So ruthless Bale is leaving 2 and half years after they wanted him gone. Because only China can afford him.

You couldn't have picked a worse example of a club on any example. There is nothing about anything they do off the pitch we should admire or emulate. Absolutely nothing

Last edited:
Literally none of what you said was neither constructive or true.

They don't need to get rid of Bale unless they are buying Pogba this summer... they have done all their main transfer business this summer anyway with Hazard etc. Also I highly doubt in all honesty that Bailly was going anywhere this window, I mean that just wasn't happening.. even before his injury.

We now have 7 first team CB's (+ 1) that every one wants to sign seemingly this window. I don't see how we can have this amount of players in a position and then not wonder how there is still an issue there.

Simply because we don't think most of the ones we do have are good enough, which is why we are going to spend around £80m on another (or not) even though we already have 7 players in the squad that can play there.

Last edited:
They don't need to get rid of Bale unless they are buying Pogba this summer... they have done all their main transfer business this summer anyway with Hazard etc. Also I highly doubt in all honesty that Bailly was going anywhere this window, I mean that just wasn't happening.. even before his injury.

We now have 7 first team CB's (+ 1) that every one wants to sign seemingly this window. I don't see how we can have this amount of players in a position and then not wonder how there is still an issue there.

Simply because we don't think most of the ones we do have are good enough, which is why we are going to spend around £80m on another (or not) even though we already have 7 players in the squad playing that playing that position.

They haven't don't all their business, they've done the business they could afford so far. And it took them 3 years to get Hazard.

They need to get rid of bale to sign anyone major. You clearly haven't been paying attention. They need his 600000 a week wages off the book.

Incorrect, club were looking to offload Rojo and Bailly this window, depending on Maguire and what they decided about Tuanzebe.

Also who are the 7?
Lindelof
Jones
Smalling
Tuanzebe
Bailly
Rojo

Ole wants to keep the first four (with maybe Tuanzebe on loan) so it's at best two we need to get rid off, maybe one and Tuanzebe on loan.

Last edited:
Anyway enough nonsense about side players that need to go but ultimately have no effect on our ability to do business: would absolutely love it if we sold Lukaku to Juventus and got Dybala instead after all the inter shenanigans

Anyway enough nonsense about side players that need to go but ultimately have no effect on our ability to do business: would absolutely love it if we sold Lukaku to Juventus and got Dybala instead after all the inter shenanigans
This would be beautiful if it happens.

This would be beautiful if it happens.
Icardi has said he wants to stay in Italy last night/ this morning. Well that surely leaves only Juve which either means Dybala defo going somewhere. My GUESS! icardi to Juve- Dybala to Utd- Eriksen to Madrid- Lo Celso to Spurs

Icardi has said he wants to stay in Italy last night/ this morning. Well that surely leaves only Juve which either means Dybala defo going somewhere. My GUESS! icardi to Juve- Dybala to Utd- Eriksen to Madrid- Lo Celso to Spurs
stop palying with my heart with this dybala talk

Back