The Manchester United Thread

Icardi has said he wants to stay in Italy last night/ this morning. Well that surely leaves only Juve which either means Dybala defo going somewhere. My GUESS! icardi to Juve- Dybala to Utd- Eriksen to Madrid- Lo Celso to Spurs

Will be interesting to see how the flow is but there has been 0 talks about Dybala to Utd.

Icardi has said he wants to stay in Italy last night/ this morning. Well that surely leaves only Juve which either means Dybala defo going somewhere. My GUESS! icardi to Juve- Dybala to Utd- Eriksen to Madrid- Lo Celso to Spurs

If Icardi goes to Juve I will be on the Football Daily wagon of suggesting that Juve have completely lost their minds this offseason

Getting Dybala is just a luxury, what we need is a CB and CM (more a Matic replacement, even though Pogba can't have all the creative responsibility). Without those then this season will be very difficult for us.

I honestly feel we need 2 CM's, Partey and Fernandes for obvious reasons. I only see us getting one though at a push - probably not even those I mentioned.

Getting Dybala is just a luxury, what we need is a CB and CM (more a Matic replacement, even though Pogba can't have all the creative responsibility). Without those then this season will be very difficult for us.

I honestly feel we need 2 CM's, Partey and Fernandes for obvious reasons. I only see us getting one though at a push - probably not even those I mentioned.
If Lukaku leaves, that leaves us with only Rashford as our main striker, with Martial and Greenwood able to put shifts there. Dybala is not a luxury strictly, it would mean our attack would get a lot more dynamic, reducing a bit of pressure on our defense and midfield. I would be happy with Dybala, a CM and a CB.

I would also be happy with Dybala and 2 CMs, if Bailly could stay fit - but that's a pipe-dream.

I honestly don't know if we can get a CB at all - we are linked more with 2 CMs - Longstaff, Fernandes, SMS. Other than Maguire, I don't see us linked to any CB at all, and I don't know if Maguire is happening.

But honestly, if Lukaku has to leave, I would rather us get Dybala in a swap deal. Makes our attack less predictable (which has also been worrisome last season), and we finally have a striker who is extremely sound technically, and fits Ole's mould for a striker.

But anyhow, none of this may happen. Spurs have been credited with an interest in Dybala, apparently.

Dybala isn't a luxury at all since wev'e been playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. Which makes him absolute deadly at 10 in the former, very good off the right in the latter, and amazing cover/competition for Rashford.

Get SMS that would be brilliant, as well as hopefully finishing off maguire

Don't need a Matic replacement with two creative CMS or a CM AMC as a combo. Play McTominay instead

Dybala isn't a luxury at all since wev'e been playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3. Which makes him absolute deadly at 10 in the former, very good off the right in the latter, and amazing cover/competition for Rashford.

Get SMS that would be brilliant, as well as hopefully finishing off maguire

Don't need a Matic replacement with two creative CMS or a CM AMC as a combo. Play McTominay instead

Oh don't get me wrong Dybala offers a lot of flexibility in that sense. I meant more a luxury player because he is literally one of those who only decides to turn up in a game when he wants to. Juventus seem to have grown frustrated with him and in many ways I can't blame them.

I would take Dybala at United no doubt about it, but he is inconsistent with his performances, maybe even more than Lukaku. So we need to bare that in mind. For every good game there is probably 3 mediocre ones.

As a player he does fit Solskjaer better than Lukaku though obviously, but his mindset does need work. In the PL he'll struggle if he has the same approach.

Oh don't get me wrong Dybala offers a lot of flexibility in that sense. I meant more a luxury player because he is literally one of those who only decides to turn up in a game when he wants to. Juventus seem to have grown frustrated with him and in many ways I can't blame them.

I would take Dybala at United no doubt about it, but he is inconsistent with his performances, maybe even more than Lukaku. So we need to bare that in mind. For every good game there is probably 3 mediocre ones.

As a player he does fit Solskjaer better than Lukaku though obviously, but his mindset does need work. In the PL he'll struggle if he has the same approach.
I think it's more of a formation/personnel change than anything else. Before last season, he was pretty good, mainly because play flowed through him - he was involved, pulling the strings and even going ahead and scoring. Last season, with CR7 in the squad, play wasn't flowing through him, since Ronaldo likes the ball more often. They tried to use him as a facilitator to Ronaldo, but that didn't work out so well for them, and he was benched for long periods of time.

He is more of a trequarista in that regard, than a clinical finisher. Play has to flow through him for him to be very effective. In that sense, I think he can be pretty successful here, even in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.

I think it's more of a formation/personnel change than anything else. Before last season, he was pretty good, mainly because play flowed through him - he was involved, pulling the strings and even going ahead and scoring. Last season, with CR7 in the squad, play wasn't flowing through him, since Ronaldo likes the ball more often. They tried to use him as a facilitator to Ronaldo, but that didn't work out so well for them, and he was benched for long periods of time.

He is more of a trequarista in that regard, than a clinical finisher. Play has to flow through him for him to be very effective. In that sense, I think he can be pretty successful here, even in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1.

You might be right mate, but he has gone off the boil this season which is a bit worrying when you're thinking of bringing him in. (Even though it's a rumour that isn't happening). Lukaku's transfer is very close and I believe this was the spark that was leaked to get Inter deal complete.

Last edited:
You might be right mate, but he has really gone off the boil this season which is a bit worrying when you're bringing him in.

I personally don't think this is happening, Lukaku's transfer is very close and I believe this was the spark that was leaked to get Inter deal complete.

Icardi needs to go somewhere and Juventus need a forward. And they'll need to sell Dybala to fund it. We should be in regardless

You might be right mate, but he has really gone off the boil this season which is a bit worrying when you're bringing him in.

I personally don't think this is happening, Lukaku's transfer is very close and I believe this was the spark that was leaked to get Inter deal complete.

He went off the boil because they sidelined him on and off the pitch

Things moving along by the looks of it.

Talks ongoing with Inter and now Romelu Lukaku... waiting with his agent
1f440.png
1f447-1f3fb.png

Live on BBC if anyone wants to watch u23s vs Rangers in the SuperCupNI

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Leading 2-0 atm Galbraith and Puigmal.

Last edited:
Back