The Manchester United Thread

Yeah, what the **** happened there? Were they scared after the Atletico score, and wanted to keep him around?

No idea, apparently the board called it off. Asensio is also out for the season too.

It's still very difficult to get back to prime best before the AL. Hopefully, Asensio recovers and comes back stronger than ever. He was a cracking player under Zidane.

And, hope RM stick with him. They're not the most patient bunch, but then again, even they can't do **** while he is injured.

Honest opinion guys.... are we going to do any meaningful business before the transfer window shuts? If so who do you think it will be. Personally losing faith in anything good happening, at a push can see Longstaff or Maguire at an inflated fee. Not enough though for me.

Keep hearing this recycled garbage about Fernandes and Savic but they can't happen unless Pogba goes....... it shouldn't even depend on whether he goes. This midfield needs strengthening now even with Pogba still here.

Fernandes been told to take another season at Sporting at come to City next summer.... (H)

but yeah you'll prob get some movement now everyone is back from the Copa & Afcon, and squads have seen who in what condition after the summer.

Honest opinion guys.... are we going to do any meaningful business before the transfer window shuts? If so who do you think it will be. Personally losing faith in anything good happening, at a push can see Longstaff or Maguire at an inflated fee. Not enough though for me.

Keep hearing this recycled garbage about Fernandes and Savic but they can't happen unless Pogba goes....... it shouldn't even depend on whether he goes. This midfield needs strengthening now even with Pogba still here.

As I said the other day you gotta have patience. We have the prices for the players we want and its about negotiating them down or walking away. Take stock in the Pogba talk dying down, a successful looking pre-season and what looks to be better transfer direction even if we don't get some over the line.

Even if it’s Maguire and Longstaff we have made big improvements to our first team/squad. Add to that talent looking ready to supplement the squad further more and not looking out of place at all I’m pre season. DDG and Pogba staying. New contracts for key players that were running down. Ole first full pre season and a clear plan and way forward on how he wants to play under his vision. Already looking forward to the new season after seeing the way we have played. Fast attacking football with high intensity and a high press. Looking deadly on the counter. Oh and one other thing I’ve noticed since watching the games back several times that been diabolical for years is our set piece and especially the delivery has been very good in pre season. All down to McKenna that as he studied and used set pieces to great effect coming through managing the academy.

As I said the other day you gotta have patience. We have the prices for the players we want and its about negotiating them down or walking away. Take stock in the Pogba talk dying down, a successful looking pre-season and what looks to be better transfer direction even if we don't get some over the line.

How can we expect anything drastically different with largely the same team as last season MINUS one key player in Herrera that we haven't replaced. For the love of all things mighty, no one seriously tell me that we're using McTominay or Pereira now as his permanent replacement. Even if that's true the quality of depth is now thinner than ever to cover the positions there.

Yeah Ole has had a good pre-season, but it means nothing because we all know most of this squad has tried and failed before. It will let down other managers just like it will let down Solskjaer once again.

This board can't seriously expect much of any improvement next season the way I see it with the current business we have done. We're no stronger than last season apart from RB maybe but then that's sacrificed by the Herrera and Lukaku sales without replacements so far.

Even if it’s Maguire and Longstaff we have made big improvements to our first team/squad. Add to that talent looking ready to supplement the squad further more and not looking out of place at all I’m pre season. DDG and Pogba staying. New contracts for key players that were running down. Ole first full pre season and a clear plan and way forward on how he wants to play under his vision. Already looking forward to the new season after seeing the way we have played. Fast attacking football with high intensity and a high press. Looking deadly on the counter. Oh and one other thing I’ve noticed since watching the games back several times that been diabolical for years is our set piece and especially the delivery has been very good in pre season. All down to McKenna that as he studied and used set pieces to great effect coming through managing the academy.

I don't even think it will be that, I can see one of those at best and yeah they would make a difference, even Longstaff as an extra pair of legs in that midfield when we need it.

But without any more signings especially in that midfield which is the engine room essentially, we may start off well with this high intensity and great plan Ole has. But it will fade away and we'll return back to what we were, at the moment there just isn't the players to carry that out for a whole season. Once we pick up an injury or two in defence or midfield, we'll be screwed. Unless of course we have a miraculous end to the transfer window and somehow get a couple of signings in.

How can we expect anything drastically different with largely the same team as last season MINUS one key player in Herrera that we haven't replaced. For the love of all things mighty, no one seriously tell me that we're using McTominay or Pereira now as his permanent replacement. Even if that's true the quality of depth is now thinner than ever to cover the positions there.

Yeah Ole has had a good pre-season, but it means nothing because we all know most of this squad has tried and failed before. It will let down other managers just like it will let down Solskjaer once again.

This board can't seriously expect much of any improvement next season the way I see it with the current business we have done. We're no stronger than last season apart from RB maybe but then that's sacrificed by the Herrera and Lukaku sales without replacements so far.
Going by that logic zZ, we would have to replace practically our entire squad, which isn't going to happen. And believe me, I was among those who were extremely vocal (and critical) about the squad just giving up last season - not tracking back, going through the paces and the like. But you can't change an entire squad overnight.

The players were gassed out last season, and needed a proper pre-season to suit Ole's system, which has happened. Remember, this was the same squad that was on a title-winning like run before they lost steam. I believe we had enough raw materials to progress and get third, we needed fine-tuning.

We won't miss Fellaini, and have finally corrected RB with AwB. And Herrera will be replaced, I'm sure. Mainly because he was an integral part of Ole's system. Either like for like, or a different plan altogether. We shall see, there's still two weeks.

Also, Lukaku isn't yet sold. Calm down. From yesterday, you seem sure he is already gone, while Inter haven't even made a bid. And if he goes, we will get someone in to replace him.

And, McTominay will be used as cover - for both Matic and Herrerra's positions. He won't be a starter. Because I expect the club to get another midfielder over the line. And maybe Maguire too, I don't know. I'm thinking atleast 2 more signings, maybe three. But there's still two weeks, so no need to get worried just yet.

We have been the one constantly slating Woodward for no clear transfer plan/priorities. Now, they have finally decided on a clear way forward, and are willing to take a hard stance if things don't go according to plan. I'm okay with that, for a better long term plan.

zzezzy full preseasons are very underrated. The signing of AWB is a massive upgrade on what we had before, defensively it makes a massive difference when teams can no longer run through a turnstyle on that side like they did last season.

Ole has been given the ability to imprint his model onto the team and being negative without them even taking the field in a competitive game doesnt really hold any value.

Maguire is still very much on and he only alone will inject a much needed change in outlook and quality in the dressing room and on the field. You keep highlighting the negatives when really I feel like you are missing the more optimistic long term thinking that appears to be taking place this offseason.

Yes. Just wait and be patient. You never had any faith anyway. So why not just leave at alone until the market closes

Imagine having Dybala behind Rashford instead of Lingard/Mata.

To be honest every time I see Lingard on the pitch lately and even Mata because his legs have gone, just wondering this is time Gomes should be there instead. Gomes has looked better than both in pre-season for me.

All the doom and gloom before the season starts.
Sheesh...

Don’t know if it’s to us or not. But Bruno Fernandes was in absolute tears at the final whistle while waving to some of the fans.

Back